Windows 10: Need to reboot PC each time I lose access to internet to get it back.

Discus and support Need to reboot PC each time I lose access to internet to get it back. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I am facing a strange issue. I am connected to internet through modem provided by my ISP. And sometimes my cats unplug it from electricity,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZeroSeventy, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Need to reboot PC each time I lose access to internet to get it back.

Hello

I am facing a strange issue. I am connected to internet through modem provided by my ISP. And sometimes my cats unplug it from electricity, so simple plugging it back should fix everything. But whenever all the modem lights are lit, the network access is not regained automatically by windows.
    On windows 7 and 8.1 I used to use the troubleshooting option, and that usually fixed the issue by "reseting the configuration of your ethernet card adapter" or w/e was the exact name of this procedure. But on Win10 troubleshooting doesnt work, it only informs me that one or more network protocols are missing, when mouse over it i get the info that the win sockets registry are missing. Only rebooting PC helps, its not a big thing, but sometimes it is very inconvenient.

:)

ZeroSeventy, Mar 20, 2016

2. Need to reboot every time I lose wifi connection

Here is the link to the MiniToolBox file

Result MiniToolBox 2_10_17 JeffC.txt

JeffCiaccio, Mar 20, 2016
  3. Need to reboot every time I lose wifi connection

When I lose wifi, I can see the network (and can connect with other devices), but when I try to connect on my pc, it will not work. I have tried turning off/on wifi, but that doesn't do it either. I don't want to have to reenter the code each time, but
    is there a fix so that I don't have to reboot every time this happens?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

JeffCiaccio, Mar 20, 2016
Thema:

Need to reboot PC each time I lose access to internet to get it back.

1. Need to reboot PC each time I lose access to internet to get it back. - Similar Threads - Need reboot each

2. Windows's service loses its "Connect as" at each reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows's service loses its "Connect as" at each reboot: Hi all,So we have this painfull issue where two of our services across our infrastructure ALWAYS loses their "open session as" at reboot;here exemple of the Azure AD Sync,everythime the fix is to> go there> Seach for account in AD, we've tried DOMAIN\user or *** Email address...
  3. Losing internet when i download something, have to restart pc to get internet back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing internet when i download something, have to restart pc to get internet back.: Whenever I download something on my computer, usually off steam, I lose my internet shortly after starting the download and the only way to get it back is to restart my pc. I have limited my download speed but nothing seems to work....
  4. Losing internet when i download something, have to restart pc to get internet back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Losing internet when i download something, have to restart pc to get internet back.: Whenever I download something on my computer, usually off steam, I lose my internet shortly after starting the download and the only way to get it back is to restart my pc. I have limited my download speed but nothing seems to work....
  5. Losing internet when i download something, have to restart pc to get internet back.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Need to 'Net stop' and then 'Net Start' repeatedly each time I reboot

Need to 'Net stop' and then 'Net Start' repeatedly each time I reboot: I have windows 10 Home Edition. I have a Synology DS212 as a NAS box. Until recently it worked faultlessly. But, in the last couple of weeks, accessing the NAS box has been all but impossible. Each time I try to access any of the data on it, it brings up a 'box' Network...
  7. Internet access is fine once established but each time I turn on the computer there is no...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet access is fine once established but each time I turn on the computer there is no...: Regular as clockwork everytime I switch on I have no internet small globe symbol at bottom of screen. I go looking for my supply on the blue listing of all the local log on running and secure and there I am at the top of the page. I run the diagnostic until it sorts itelf...
  8. I need to get my Internet Explorer back on.

I need to get my Internet Explorer back on.: I have Windows 10,Always have had Internet Explorer on My Computer,one night the computer said update and shut down,i did,next morning,i turned it on,i had Microsoft Edge,I cannot stand it,i need to have Internet Explorer back on,i have tried several times to reset it,not...
  9. Reboot Notification request each time I reboot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot Notification request each time I reboot.: I have a Lenova laptop and it has just installed some Windows 10 updates. I now keep getting the following notification even after I do a reboot (at least 5 times). Restart required Your pc needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device Pci bus Can anyone...
  10. PC freezing/rebooting multiple times each hour

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freezing/rebooting multiple times each hour: This seemed like the most appropriate forum to post in, I have been across the internet and so far all attempts to find the problem or a solution have failed. The problem: My PC will intermittently freeze for up to 5 seconds and it occurs maybe 1 or 2 times per hour. If...