Windows 10: Need to record piano music onto Laptop

Discus and support Need to record piano music onto Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I've a 54 keyboard piano that I'd like to record some music onto a Laptop for the first time but couldn't tell which was the right forum. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arcadian, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Arcadian Win User

Need to record piano music onto Laptop

Hi I've a 54 keyboard piano that I'd like to record some music onto a Laptop for the first time but couldn't tell which was the right forum. I've already got Audacity and Wave Pad and a ProSound mike on a stand I use for Dragon Speech but not being a techie no idea if anything else is needed and what to do next.

Any help would be much appreciated....

Thanks

:)

Arcadian, Jun 30, 2017
  2. Mern1942 Win User

Help with burning CD on Windows Media Player

I am a 73 year old woman who knows very little about computers. I recorded music from my digital piano onto a FD, then downloaded them onto Windows Media Player. They are all listed in Media Player but when I drag them over into play list, then hit burn,
    all of the songs are listed with an (i) in front & will not burn. It says that the file is missing media usage rights. What do I do to get these where I can burn them on a CD? Please be very specific, as I am very illiterate on the computer.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mern1942, Jun 30, 2017
  3. uploading recorded material from my lumia 520 onto my laptop

I need to upload material I have recorded on my phone onto my laptop but don't know how to do this. Please help

Yvonnelloyd, Jun 30, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

Is the ProSound mike for music or just for speech? If its for speech it won't work well for music. Since you have a laptop, the laptop mic may work as good or better(?). I would try each one to see which is better.

Audacity defaults to "Stereo Mix" so you will have to set it to the Mic for recording.

That's about as "little" info I can give you. I have a recording studio and can get very technical but I suspect this is not the case.

fireberd, Jul 1, 2017
  5. Arcadian Win User
    Yes for speech, thanks will try the laptop mike....

Arcadian, Jul 1, 2017
  6. What is a "54 keyboard piano" ?

Is that a digital piano?
    If so, skip the microphone.
    Take the line outputs from the piano and run them into the line inputs of your PC.
    Then record with Audacity.

If it's an acoustic piano ...
    It takes a professional to record ANYTHING well.
    And piano is especially difficult to record.
    And you'll need microphones FAR better than those mentioned above.
    Lacking that, forget it.

margrave55, Jul 1, 2017
  7. Arcadian Win User
    Yes digital and had just done the same about an hour ago - thanks for your help....*Smile

Arcadian, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need to record piano music onto Laptop - Similar Threads - Need record piano

2. Laptop goes to sleep in middle of piano practice.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes to sleep in middle of piano practice.: My computer goes to sleep in the middle of "Playground sessions", an on-line piano course. Somehow it thinks this is a period of inactivity. How do I get it to recognize that the laptop is in use?...
  3. Piano not getting recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Piano not getting recognised: Hello I have a Yamaha PSR-78 piano keyboard and I want to plug it into my laptop to record something in audacity but as soon as I plug it in, it is not recognised and no more sound is outputed from my laptop. My supposition is that the piano is being recognised as...
  4. speaker volume with recorded music

speaker volume with recorded music: I have a lot of downloaded music on my pc. Downloaded at different times, from different sources, and from a few different devices. So, when I am listening to Spotify or my music folder, I find myself having to CONSTANTLY adjust the volume for every individual song. How do I...
  5. Downloading music onto my vivoactive 3 music

Downloading music onto my vivoactive 3 music: I want to download music from groove music to my vivoactive 3 music. I have downloaded several CD's into groove music but when I try to transfer them into garmin express nothing happens. What should I be doing to get the music into my watch?...
  6. music storage and recording

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    music storage and recording: I have some music stored that is in "wav" format. I want to burn a disk with this music in "mp3" format so I will be able to play it on a regular cd player. Is there any way I can do this?...
  7. Virtual Piano Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Piano Software: Does anyone here know if there is a Virtual Piano Software out there that I can download that will allow me to changed the piano chord keys to match the keyboard keys? For example: "If i hit the letter "C" on my keyboard, it will play the C chord on the piano. 119467
  8. Sending a Recording (Music)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sending a Recording (Music): I want to download and send an MP3 recording via email. DLH https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/sending-a-recording-music/bbe30b47-1106-482b-b020-3a2cb1f45bcd
  9. My Piano Phone - Universal Music App

My Piano Phone - Universal Music App: Hello! I just want to introduce people an app that I'm developing. this is a music app turns the phone or tablet into musical instrument: Piano, Guitar, Drum, Trumpet, Violin... Many songs are available for us to enjoy. [img] The application name is My Piano Phone,...
  10. Drag and Drop music files onto MPC

Drag and Drop music files onto MPC: Hi, So I am used to the old feature of Windows XP/Windows 7 etc where you could just drag a music/video file onto the MPC (I use Media Player Classic but this was true for all other players for the most part on those systems) but when I try to drag a file to the player, it...