Windows 10: NEED TO RECOVER Accidental CMD deletion of folders and important work on my desktop

Discus and support NEED TO RECOVER Accidental CMD deletion of folders and important work on my desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm 16 years old and I'm in the middle of my GCSE's at school! This morning I happened to come across a file that I had saved to my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Charles Chetwynd, Apr 27, 2019.

1. NEED TO RECOVER Accidental CMD deletion of folders and important work on my desktop

Hi,

I'm 16 years old and I'm in the middle of my GCSE's at school!

This morning I happened to come across a file that I had saved to my desktop screen that was not deleting and so I found instructions online to help me with this problem and I did so using CMD ADMIN.

It happened that: instead of deleting the file that wouldn't delete, it deleted everything on my desktop screen, including all of my GCSE work . My projects for school that were on there have gone and there is no way to find them in rubbish bin or previous versions. Please! I need to recover these files from where ever they are!! My future depends on them!

Help would very much be appreciated ASAP!

I will list what I did on CMD ADMIN:

cd /d C:\Users\*****\Desktop

dir /x

(And then it showed me a list of folder/file names from my desktop screen. The file that I presumed was the file was named "." (which is a DIR?) and it was the most recent folder on the list so that's why I went on to type)

rmdir /q /s .

(and then my entire desktop was wiped clear of all of my folders and so I really need to undo what I have done!!)

My assumption now is that "." with DIR next to it meant my entire desktop!NEED TO RECOVER Accidental CMD deletion of folders and important work on my desktop :(

If anyone can help me, it would mean the world to me!!
    Many thanks,

Charles Chetwynd

:)

Charles Chetwynd, Apr 27, 2019
  2. Damocles Win User

Accidentally Deleted Some Folders

Yesterday I was cleaning my PC and I accidentally deleted two folders (named "NVIDIA" and "NVIDIA Corporation") in C:\ProgramData. To my knowledge this two folders only contain non important stuff like logs, etc. Later on I have found out my Program Settings in NV Control panel were set to default. This is no big deal, but now I'm worrying I fu***d something up. Otherwise, everything works as it should --> no overheating, BSODs, games are working normally...

I just want to know what I deleted. Were those two folders important???

Damocles, Apr 27, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Accidentally Deleted Some Folders

While Im not sure of how important they are, I think System restore would put them back and I see they are pretty darn big too 6.5mb and 2.5 GB on my just freshly imaged laptop .

DRDNA, Apr 27, 2019
  4. NEED TO RECOVER Accidental CMD deletion of folders and important work on my desktop

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused NEED TO RECOVER Accidental CMD deletion of folders and important work on my desktop :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well NEED TO RECOVER Accidental CMD deletion of folders and important work on my desktop :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

NEED TO RECOVER Accidental CMD deletion of folders and important work on my desktop

1. NEED TO RECOVER Accidental CMD deletion of folders and important work on my desktop - Similar Threads - NEED RECOVER Accidental

2. Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer: Hi all,I have seen a couple of threads on the same issue, but I opted to reach out.As a forenote, I have attempted a system recovery, but this has failed due to a 0x80070005 error, if I recall correctly.I was cleaning and deleting old files through File Explorer and...
  3. Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer: Hi all,I have seen a couple of threads on the same issue, but I opted to reach out.As a forenote, I have attempted a system recovery, but this has failed due to a 0x80070005 error, if I recall correctly.I was cleaning and deleting old files through File Explorer and...
  4. Accidentally Deleted Recover Folder in C Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally Deleted Recover Folder in C Drive: I just accidentally deleted recovery folder located in c drive. Will it affect my pc? I am too nervous right now. Read some article online and found out that one person deleted that folder and then rebooted his pc. but his pc won't even reboot. it's just blue screen. I am...
  5. Accidentally Deleted Recover Folder in C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally Deleted Recover Folder in C Drive: I just accidentally deleted recovery folder located in c drive. Will it affect my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-deleted-recover-folder-in-c-drive/9c12c0a7-de17-41b2-b20f-75c32cdcb892
  6. Accidentally Deleted Recover Folder in C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Deleted Recover Folder in C Drive: I just accidentally deleted recovery folder located in c drive. Will it affect my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-deleted-recover-folder-in-c-drive/9c12c0a7-de17-41b2-b20f-75c32cdcb892
  7. Accidentally Deleted Recover Folder in C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Recovering a accidentally deleted monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering a accidentally deleted monitor: Hi, I have accidentally deleted my secondary monitor from my windows 10 PC, I deleted it using the device manager and right clicking on the device, then uninstalling it. Is there any way I can restore this monitor without resetting my PC. Thank you...
  9. Accidentally started a deletion of my desktop folders.

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally started a deletion of my desktop folders.: Some months ago, I accidentally knocked some unknown keys on the upper Left Hand side of my desk keyboard. Instantly a pop up flashed up with a progress bar saying "Deletion 28% completed" or something very similar. My Desktop short cut to my important folders were...
  10. Accidentally deleted desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally deleted desktop folder: I have accidentally deleted my desktop folder. It is now renamed "downloads" and appears twice in file explorer under "this PC". I messed it up when I tried to make all my downloads go to the desktop. I can see it and work with it, but I want the desktop name back. I feel...