Windows 10: Need to recover Windows 10 setup files?

Discus and support Need to recover Windows 10 setup files? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Home (version 1803, build 17134.523) on my desktop HP. I also subscribe to Avast Internet Security and Avast Cleanup Premium. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by flycaster, Feb 23, 2019.

1. flycaster Win User

Need to recover Windows 10 setup files?

Running Windows 10 Home (version 1803, build 17134.523) on my desktop HP. I also subscribe to Avast Internet Security and Avast Cleanup Premium. I think I did something with ACP that has screwed up Windows ability to install updates. Twice now, while trying to install the latest Windows update, the computer (Windows) threw out the error message that it couldn't install the update (after about 93% had been installed) and had to roll back the installation. What I think I did to cause this issue was to use ACP to stupidly delete the Windows Setup Files. Somehow I only paid attention to the Avast statement that I wouldn't need those files if I didn't intend to reinstall Windows...I never associated updating with "modifying Windows." I have already tried to restore using a restore point, but that didn't work. I'd like to be able to recover the Setup files so that I can continue to update Windows. However, I'd like to be able to do this without loosing any of my files and programs that are already on Windows. Do I have any recourse to get those files back? And if not, do you think a computer repair person could get those files back for me? Thanks.

:)

flycaster, Feb 23, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User

Need to recover files from my Memory card

Today's Giveaway is "7-Data Recovery Suite 2.3"
    Key features:
    • Recover data from both local drives and mobile storage devices;
    • Recover documents, emails, photos, videos, audio files and more;
    • Mobile phone recovery on Windows.

DRDNA, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. Recover Corrupt Flash Drive Mac | | Bill Hoyer Systems

Macazine, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Need to recover Windows 10 setup files? - Similar Threads - Need recover setup

2. Need to Recover Deleted File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Recover Deleted File: I was in the OneDrive tab of file explorer Windows 10 Pro and deleted a file by accident. The file was also deleted from my pc. The file is not showing up in my pc's recycle bin nor OneDrive's recycle bin. Is there a way I can recover it. I do not have a back up drive or...
  3. Need to Recover Deleted File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to Recover Deleted File: I was in the OneDrive tab of file explorer Windows 10 Pro and deleted a file by accident. The file was also deleted from my pc. The file is not showing up in my pc's recycle bin nor OneDrive's recycle bin. Is there a way I can recover it. I do not have a back up drive or...
  4. Need to Recover Deleted File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need help recovering my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help recovering my Windows 10: Hello,I need help fixing Windows 10 reinstallation issues on my laptop.Here's the background: I have a Lenovo laptop with a 256GB SSD and a 256GB HDD. Initially, it came with Windows 10 installed. Over the past year, I created a partition on the HDD and installed Ubuntu,...
  6. I need a free windows 10 setup files

I need a free windows 10 setup files: Please, can someone send me a windows 10 setup files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-free-windows-10-setup-files/5e616694-87a3-477f-80b3-df5b1fc6840b
  7. Need help with Windows 10 Setup

Need help with Windows 10 Setup: Trying to fresh install Windows 10 from my old Windows 7[IMG] What screen I get when I select upgrade: [IMG] [IMG] What screens I get after I select Custom: says Windows cant be installed on both drives...
  8. files for Windows 10 setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files for Windows 10 setup: I just wonder how much data it takes to download files for Windows 10 setup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-for-windows-10-setup/09231b01-31e1-4d3d-a90d-f2ba3a8c939a"
  9. Help needed for windows 10 setup

Help needed for windows 10 setup: Hi guys, Just tried installing Windows 10, I got through all the first part where it said it was copying my files and installing the os. I then got a blank screen for about half an hour solid so I thought it would be a problem with my machine so I powered it down and turned...
  10. Need help to setup windows 10

Need help to setup windows 10: Hi, I have an Acer Aspire V3 (originally bought with Win 8). Few weeks ago I updated it to Windows 10 and now Windows 10 is working fine (even if slowly). I want to format my hard drive and setup again Windows 10 (the classic setup, not just an update... so yes, I will...