Windows 10: Need to reinstall bluetooth on my desktop computer.

Discus and support Need to reinstall bluetooth on my desktop computer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP 500-164 computer. Its an old model that im trying to get working again and I forgot my old Microsoft password so I had to do a reset on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TannerAcker, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Need to reinstall bluetooth on my desktop computer.

I have an HP 500-164 computer. Its an old model that im trying to get working again and I forgot my old Microsoft password so I had to do a reset on it and then downloaded windows 10 it was running windows 8 before now I cant use the Bluetooth on it. The option to turn on Bluetooth isnt appearing so I cant add any devices. I tried going through the device manager to see if I just had to update the driver but the Bluetooth driver isn't there I also tried to view hidden drivers and its still not on the list.

:)

TannerAcker, Jul 26, 2020
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Zaspera Win User
    Bluetooth in a desktop question

I'm in the middle of a new build and normally use a USB dongle for my computers to be bluetooth-enabled. I was wondering if there was another way to get bluetooth on a desktop. Is there a PCI card or do some motherboards have it already (no idea what component would have the bluetooth already built in)? Thanks guys.

Zaspera, Jul 26, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Need to reinstall bluetooth on my desktop computer.

Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle | Networking | ASUS Global

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400 | Networking | ASUS Global

P4-630, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Need to reinstall bluetooth on my desktop computer.

1. Need to reinstall bluetooth on my desktop computer. - Similar Threads - Need reinstall bluetooth

2. Need help reinstalling my bluetooth files in device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help reinstalling my bluetooth files in device manager.: Just uninstalled all of my bluetooth files from device manager after having trouble with getting bluetooth to work with my new wifi card. They were all hidden files and I thought if I deleted and reinstalled them I could get bluetooth to work again. What I realized quickly is...
  3. Need help reinstalling my bluetooth files in device manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help reinstalling my bluetooth files in device manager.: Just uninstalled all of my bluetooth files from device manager after having trouble with getting bluetooth to work with my new wifi card. They were all hidden files and I thought if I deleted and reinstalled them I could get bluetooth to work again. What I realized quickly is...
  4. Need help reinstalling my bluetooth files in device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. need to reinstall my preinstalled windows 10 computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need to reinstall my preinstalled windows 10 computer.: I am told that my preinstalled windows 10 computer needs a download of a program that will reinstall my computer. Does anyone sell this download on a usb drive or cd disk? I found a web site of how to download it to a win 7,8,10 but i don't have 7,8 and my win 10 is the...
  6. Bluetooth gone need reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth gone need reinstall: I deleted all my bluetooth drivers in device manager in an attempt to fix a bluetooth problem i was having. Now bluetooth doesnt show up in device manager and my bluetooth doesnt work. Im at a loss and need help...
  7. Need help getting bluetooth reinstalled

Need help getting bluetooth reinstalled: My bluetooth is now showing up and can't get it to work again, please help. Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-getting-bluetooth-reinstalled/da389fb1-27a6-4fab-ba00-e9ba9912ef29
  8. bluetooth help needed to reinstall driver

bluetooth help needed to reinstall driver: My Bluetooth isn't working and need to reinstall the correct driver. I would appreciate some help with this issue please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-help-needed-to-reinstall-driver/620fc2d6-bf0b-41d0-817c-a4724fb4ac28
  9. Need to reinstall bluetooth drivers

Need to reinstall bluetooth drivers: Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 Installed 7/2/19 OS build 18362.207 Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-reinstall-bluetooth-drivers/fd72e4e1-7a7d-4674-850a-1f1a1da6edcb
  10. Bluetooth on Desktop computer

Bluetooth on Desktop computer: I am trying to pair Bluetooth earbuds,headphones and a speaker to my desktop computer.(No not at the same time)just trying to get them to come up on the list.There is not a Bluetooth Icon any where I can find !Tried everything I can think of to get them to pair.Just say's...