Windows 10: Need to Reinstall Windows 10 from sticker

Discus and support Need to Reinstall Windows 10 from sticker in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to reinstall windows 10 on my computer. I have the sticker that I guess came with the purchase of the OS. But the CD's that came with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wm.m.thompson, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Need to Reinstall Windows 10 from sticker

I need to reinstall windows 10 on my computer.

I have the sticker that I guess came with the purchase of the OS. But the CD's that came with the purchase has been lost in the move.

Please help

:)

wm.m.thompson, Nov 26, 2018
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Need to Reinstall Windows 10 from sticker :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Merlstrom Win User

Need to Reinstall Windows 10 from sticker

Windows 10 Stickers

I also wanted some Windows 10 Stickers. I upgraded 1 Desktop and 3 Laptops from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I called Microsoft Customer Service at (877) 696-7786 as suggested by a rep on Live Chat at the MS Store. I spoke with Mario who said Microsoft does
    not give away nor sell Windows 10 Stickers. We can only get Windows 10 Stickers on new Computer Purchase.

Merlstrom, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Need to Reinstall Windows 10 from sticker

1. Need to Reinstall Windows 10 from sticker - Similar Threads - Need Reinstall sticker

2. Windows 10 Pro Original Sticker Key, covered with a small sticker covering the first 10...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Original Sticker Key, covered with a small sticker covering the first 10...: hello, I have purchased a computer with an original product key sticker of Windows 10 pro. However, in the sticker, there is onother small sticker covering the first 10 letters of the product key. How can i contact microsoft to tell me the complete product key of Windows...
  3. Will I need to reinstall windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will I need to reinstall windows 10?: Hello I recently got a new motherboard and a cpu (Kind of). Basically I had a faulty ryzen 5 3600 and I am getting a replacement processor from AMD so I will still have a ryzen 5 3600 but it's not the same number (or whatever it's called). Anyway will I need to reactivate...
  4. Windows 10 GML Sticker

Windows 10 GML Sticker: Is there any particular reason to keep this if a) I'm not planning to resell the device b) The windows key is already integrated into the BIOS / my Microsoft account? submitted by /u/H_A_L_ [link] [comments]...
  5. need help reinstalling windows 10

need help reinstalling windows 10: hey guys i was about to reinitialize my windows 10 and the electricity shut down and now it giving me error when i try to reinitialize it again i decided to reinstall windows 10 if i do it will i need another windows 10 key ? what to chose in mediacreation tool UPDATE or...
  6. Need help reinstalling windows 10

Need help reinstalling windows 10: A week ago I made a thread in which I said I installed Linux on my laptop and I was switching back to windows. Well, I tried doing it today and... this proved to be way more difficult than I thought it'd be. Booting a USB is easy with the tool Microsoft gives you. Only one...
  7. Question if a Windows 10 Reinstall is Needed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question if a Windows 10 Reinstall is Needed?: Guys, With Microsoft now making the six month new Windows 10 feature builds optional, until your system build is about to expire in 18 months when the latest build is delivered to the device automatically, what happens if you do a reinstall of the OS? Would you be updated...
  8. Stickers

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Stickers: Can you please start making and readily distribute the 4-pane Windows emblem as a sticker? Apple puts 3 in every device they sell, as a former Mac user who used to happily put that white apple on everything, I would much rather have a Windows sticker on my car....
  9. Windows 10 Keyboard sticker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Keyboard sticker: Hi! I am a bloody perfectionist that just can't stand my Windows 7- laptop having an "old windows key" on the keyboard. I would love to put a "modern Windows logo" on it. But, here is the problem. How? I have seen a lot of Key stickers (like these Linux and Open Source...
  10. Windows 10 reinstall help needed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 reinstall help needed.: Ok guys. I've got a friends computer here. It was so ravaged by a virus I had to format the drive and reinstall. That being said, I downloaded Windows 10 Home from Microsofts site, burnt the ISO to a dvd and installed. I skipped the key part, because I assumed it'd just...