Windows 10: Need to reinstall windows and get a new key without losing files.

Discus and support Need to reinstall windows and get a new key without losing files. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I used to have a gaming laptop, but i built a desktop and cloned the OS to keep my data. I had initially unactivated windows on the desktop so the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/makerteen3d, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Need to reinstall windows and get a new key without losing files.

So, I used to have a gaming laptop, but i built a desktop and cloned the OS to keep my data. I had initially unactivated windows on the desktop so the laptop woudnt get deactivated, but while its being sold, the laptop has been offline. However i noticed windows reactivated itself, and it still thinks my computer is the laptop. This has been giving me problems installing drivers and such. Reinstalling windows is my best bet, but i dont want to lose 700gb of programs. Is there a way to revoke the windows 10 kwy from the desktop, and reinstall windows without losing my data? Ill buy a new key afterwards.

This is my last attempt before going to support, no other subreddits have responded yet.

submitted by /u/makerteen3d
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/makerteen3d, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Need to reinstall windows and get a new key without losing files.

Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Need to reinstall windows and get a new key without losing files.

1. Need to reinstall windows and get a new key without losing files. - Similar Threads - Need reinstall key

2. I want to reinstall windows 11 on a new SSD without losing apps or files. What is the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to reinstall windows 11 on a new SSD without losing apps or files. What is the...: Hi,I want to reinstall windows 11 on a new SSD without losing apps or files. What is the easiest way of doing this? I have an Omen HP Obelisk Desktop PC 875-0000....
  3. I want to reinstall windows 11 on a new SSD without losing apps or files. What is the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to reinstall windows 11 on a new SSD without losing apps or files. What is the...: Hi,I want to reinstall windows 11 on a new SSD without losing apps or files. What is the easiest way of doing this? I have an Omen HP Obelisk Desktop PC 875-0000....
  4. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  5. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  6. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Reinstall Windows 10 without losing the activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows 10 without losing the activation: We bought a laptop for a worker in our company. And he signed in with his private email.He left the company so we need to reinstall the windows 10 to master clean the laptop.In the activation section it says Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft...
  8. Reinstall Windows from Recovery USB without losing files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows from Recovery USB without losing files: My laptop blackscreened, and none of the normal recovery options have worked. So, I decided to try reinstall Windows 10 from a USB drive. However, the Upgrade option which allows me to keep my files does not work; it says I must do this once Windows is booted, which is...
  9. Is it possible to reinstall windows 10 without losing my files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to reinstall windows 10 without losing my files?: And is it possible without a usb? submitted by /u/TheRealCrayZee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9a2ve/is_it_possible_to_reinstall_windows_10_without/
  10. Reinstalling Windows 10 while unbootable without losing files and apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reinstalling Windows 10 while unbootable without losing files and apps: Is there a way to not lose your files and apps when trying to reinstall Windows 10 while it is unbootable? (reinstalling with CD) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-windows-10-while-unbootable-without/8f368c33-690f-47d7-b182-239f0c208cc3"