Windows 10: need to reinstall windows, but cannot download media creation tool

Discus and support need to reinstall windows, but cannot download media creation tool in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I want to install windows 10 on a new drive but my current Installation on my old drive can't connect to the internet. I am trying to use my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SDav333, Jan 20, 2022.

1. SDav333 Win User

need to reinstall windows, but cannot download media creation tool

Hello,I want to install windows 10 on a new drive but my current Installation on my old drive can't connect to the internet. I am trying to use my phone to download windows and a usb stick to install. Unfortunately, the microsoft website won't allow my phone to download the media creation tool. Is there another way to get it? I just want to transfer it to the old drive and work from there. Am I even on the right track here?

:)

SDav333, Jan 20, 2022

2. Windows Media Creation Tool won't download:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better

• Are you using Internet Explorer to download the files?

• Are you using a wired net connection or wireless net connection?
    You can use the media creation tool to upgrade your current PC to
    Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Alternatively, you can also use another pc to download the files.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further

Sachin V Rao, Jan 20, 2022
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jan 20, 2022
  4. Kyhi Win User

Media Creation Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

your link "EN-CA" My link "EN-US"

Thema:

1. need to reinstall windows, but cannot download media creation tool - Similar Threads - need reinstall cannot

2. need to reinstall windows, but cannot download media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need to reinstall windows, but cannot download media creation tool: Hello,I want to install windows 10 on a new drive but my current Installation on my old drive can't connect to the internet. I am trying to use my phone to download windows and a usb stick to install. Unfortunately, the microsoft website won't allow my phone to download the...
  3. need to reinstall windows, but cannot download media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need to reinstall windows, but cannot download media creation tool: Hello,I want to install windows 10 on a new drive but my current Installation on my old drive can't connect to the internet. I am trying to use my phone to download windows and a usb stick to install. Unfortunately, the microsoft website won't allow my phone to download the...
  4. Do I need to reinstall the media creation tool again ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need to reinstall the media creation tool again ?: Do I need to reinstall the windows creation media tool on my usb again every time I want to factory reset a device or can I use my old usb which has the media creation tool on it, and which one would be better and what is the difference between them also, does it make any...
  5. Downloading Media Creation Tool

Downloading Media Creation Tool: I'm using Ubuntu and I need to download media creation tool for something. But I can't download because when I go download page of Windows, it only shows me option to download ISO file not media creation tool executable. Is there another way to download it from a non-windows...
  6. Need media creation tool 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need media creation tool 1909: Alright, so I need to reinstall windows, but my device inst supported by 2004 yet. I know I could technically install 2004 on it, but I'll do anything to avoid bugs, therefore I would like the 1909 media creation tool. Thanks in advance submitted by /u/lynet_101 [link]...
  7. Reinstalling 8.1 with a media creation tool

Reinstalling 8.1 with a media creation tool: I am wanting to reinstall 8.1 with a media creation tool when i got the laptop it came installed with 8.1 would the original product key work or would i Have to obtain one...
  8. Media Creation Tool needs to handle downloads better

Media Creation Tool needs to handle downloads better: Not a question, because there is no solution beyond Microsoft itself fixing a vitally-important yet horribly broken piece of software. Since I tried fixing my corrupted copy of Windows, only to find my official Windows 10 USB had also been corrupted, I now have to download...
  9. Downloading in Media Creation Tool

Downloading in Media Creation Tool: How to resume download in Media Creation Tool? Thanks everyone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-in-media-creation-tool/fe621427-b54b-4e9f-b756-f80987ccec83
  10. Cannot Download Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool

Cannot Download Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool: Hi - I downloaded the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft Website and have run it three times in the last day to attempt to download Windows 10 production release to a blank USB. I want to try it out on an older pc before upgrading any of our everyday pc's. The first...