Windows 10: Need To Reinstall Windows Store After A Thorough Uninstall

Discus and support Need To Reinstall Windows Store After A Thorough Uninstall in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; hi. I couldn't get Microsoft store to work for the past month...even after the recent win10 update. none of the troubleshooting methods worked to fix... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by zydezyde, Dec 17, 2019.

1. zydezyde Win User

Need To Reinstall Windows Store After A Thorough Uninstall

hi. I couldn't get Microsoft store to work for the past month...even after the recent win10 update. none of the troubleshooting methods worked to fix it. so...I thought uninstalling and reinstalling might do the trick. I completely uninstalled and now can't get Microsoft store back onto my computer (is it an app?). windows update didn't catch it's missing. I've rebooted and retried everything.

i've tried the various steps that this forum has provided, but they don't work on a complete uninstall. i have no icon anymore. nothing. even the "click here to report problem" button brings up a box that says i need an app to perform that function. ???

please provide basic instructions on how to get Microsoft store back onto my win10 pc.

thanks in advance...

:)

zydezyde, Dec 17, 2019

2. uninstalled windows store

Hi Piyush,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Windows Store was accidently removed and you are trying to reinstall it. We will help you.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps reinstalling the Windows Store.

The following command reinstalls all apps in Windows:

• Open Start Menu and type powershell
    • right-click on PowerShell and select "Run as Administrator" option.
    Then Enter the following command that will reinstall all the modern apps
    in Windows :

• Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Hit Enter and Restart the machine and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this information is helpful. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 17, 2019
  3. jpierce55 Win User
    Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Need To Reinstall Windows Store After A Thorough Uninstall

How to reinstall the windows Store

Hi Eibie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Method 1:

Please be informed that you cannot uninstall the windows store in windows 10.I suggest you to check Windows store in all apps and if you able to find Windows store in all apps ping it to start menu.

1. Go to windows icon.

2. Now click on all app.

3. You will find the windows store in the list.

4. Then right click on windows store and pin it to start.

Method 2:

I suggest you to re-register the Windows store app. Please follow the below steps to re-register:

• Click on start and type
      Powershell.

• Right click on the powershell and click on
      Run as Administrator.

And run the following in a Command Window to re-register:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Need To Reinstall Windows Store After A Thorough Uninstall

1. Need To Reinstall Windows Store After A Thorough Uninstall - Similar Threads - Need Reinstall Store

2. Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.: This is a new topic, as the previous one was not answered.I have a question about regedit and uninstall. It has the following path: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\". So, does it make sense to export the entire Unistall...
  3. Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.: This is a new topic, as the previous one was not answered.I have a question about regedit and uninstall. It has the following path: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\". So, does it make sense to export the entire Unistall...
  4. Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall: My install for PowerToys got messed up somehow. I can't use it, and I cannot uninstall it to reinstall it. I currently have release v0.51.1. I am trying to install release v0.56.2. When I try to do that, I get a message saying that PowerToysSetup-0.49.1-x64.msi cannot be...
  6. Need to reinstall windows store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Need to reinstall windows store: I deleted the windows store a month ago in an attempt to stop wsappx from using 10% of my cpu, it didnt work and now I realized I cant use any windows apps. Any help is appreciated....
  7. Need to reinstall windows store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to reinstall windows store: I deleted the windows store a month ago in an attempt to stop wsappx from using 10% of my cpu, it didnt work and now I realized I cant use any windows apps. Any help is appreciated....
  8. Need to reinstall windows store

9. Need to uninstall/reinstall printer after EVERY windows 10 update!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need to uninstall/reinstall printer after EVERY windows 10 update!: Windows 10 updates a lot, and with every update I have to uninstall then reinstall my hp aio printer! Having the latest driver doesn't prevent this. Does anyone know how to avoid this? 73236
  10. Reinstall Windows Store after uninstalling from Windows 10!

Reinstall Windows Store after uninstalling from Windows 10!: Hello, On a Windows 10 installation, I did remove the Windows Store app with the following commands: $Packages = 'Microsoft.WindowsStore', Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Where-Object Name -In $Packages | Remove-AppxPackage Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online |...