Windows 10: Need to remove a Firefox... "improvement"

Discus and support Need to remove a Firefox... "improvement" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I run FF 86.0.1 (Windows 10), as a windows, rather than full screen. Occasionally, a link I click on at some site generates a smaller windows saying...... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ghot, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Ghot Win User

Need to remove a Firefox... "improvement"

I run FF 86.0.1 (Windows 10), as a windows, rather than full screen.
    Occasionally, a link I click on at some site generates a smaller windows saying...

"We're having trouble reaching that site".

This new windows is smaller than the FF windows I run, and seems to be centered behind the larger main FF windows.

Mozilla, in it's infinite wisdom has decided that since I can't SEE this new smaller window, that they would "notify" me of it's existence, down by the system clock.

This aggravates my OCD. This seems to have "started" rather recently. Maybe with version 86.0?

When I would get these "We're having trouble reaching that site", secondary windows, they would be in "front" of the main window I have open... so there was no "notification" down by the windows clock.

Is there a setting in Windows 10 or Firefox, to go back to the sane way.... of showing the smaller window in front of the main FF window, instead of having to open a teeny 3rd notification window down by the system clock?

/edit

I don't use any addons, nor do I want to.

Need to remove a Firefox... "improvement" [​IMG]

When I move the main FF window, so I can SEE the hidden popup window... the notification window goes away. The hidden popup window used to be "always on top", and didn't NEED a notification window down by the system clock. I would like to get that much more efficient method... back.

I've tried every setting in Options, that I think might be relevant. I also tried every Windows 10 setting in Notifications, and Focus Assist. I've restored from full OS image backups, back two weeks at least, so I don't think it's Windows or any Windows Updates.

I'm guessing, it's gonna be an about:config setting?

:)

2. FireFox

That's why I suggested this for starters, for the issue you report:Need to remove a Firefox... "improvement" :)

Firefox - Profile in Use

Scroll down on that page to the "Solutions" section.
    The easiest way is to open the Windows Task Manager and to kill the Firefox process from there.
    If that does not work, then proceed to the next steps in that tutorial: remove the "profile lock" file, etc.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Need to remove a Firefox... "improvement"

Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Need to remove a Firefox... "improvement"

1. Need to remove a Firefox... "improvement" - Similar Threads - Need remove Firefox

2. Computer needs improvement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer needs improvement: My PC is almost out of speed. It slows even opening an application or saving files. I need some improvement but I dont know how to start. How can I make my PC improve?...
  3. Computer needs improvement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer needs improvement: My PC is almost out of speed. It slows even opening an application or saving files. I need some improvement but I dont know how to start. How can I make my PC improve?...
  4. Computer needs improvement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Need workaround for another Firefox improvement.

in Browsers and Email
    Need workaround for another Firefox improvement.: It seems that the folks at Mozilla have decided to incorporate another "improvement" in Firefox. Now... when I right click an image I no longer have the "View image information" option. This is happening on all websites, even image hosting sites. It started somewhere around...
  6. Improved Security and Privacy Indicators in Firefox 70

in Windows 10 News
    Improved Security and Privacy Indicators in Firefox 70: The upcoming Firefox 70 release will update the security and privacy indicators in the URL bar. In recent years we have seen a great increase in the number of websites that are delivered securely via HTTPS. At the same time, privacy threats have become more prevalent on the...
  7. Mozilla Firefox 67 released with performance improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Firefox 67 released with performance improvements: Mozilla is rolling Firefox 67 for Windows and other platforms with major performance improvements for better browsing experience. The company has made some changes to the “setTimeout” function during the loading of web pages by lowering the priority of the function. Firefox...
  8. Windows 10 needs improving.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 needs improving.: Everything in Windows 10 aren't working. I have trouble with the audio on video & music folders. The audio is not available. I try everything to get them working again, but I still having troubles. Tubecast isn't working. It said network error retry. But it still isn't...
  9. Performance Improvement Needed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Improvement Needed: New Windows 10 user cannot figure out how to run performance improvements functions (defrag, remove temp files, remove cookies, etc.). Please help. Thank you 77564
  10. Improvements needed to Virtual Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Improvements needed to Virtual Desktop: I really like the virtual desktop feature, but the management of them is less than desirable. - Display the number of the current virtual desktop on the task bar. Simple and useful. - Create a keyboard shortcut to directly go to the intended desktop (instead of having to...