Windows 10: Need to remove an account in "Accounts used by other apps"

Discus and support Need to remove an account in "Accounts used by other apps" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I still have an inactive (deleted) account that I need to get rid of in Window10. "10" occasionally wants me to log into it and then tells me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BobPhilip1, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Need to remove an account in "Accounts used by other apps"

I still have an inactive (deleted) account that I need to get rid of in Window10. "10" occasionally wants me to log into it and then tells me the account doesn't exist. It doesn't and I want to delete it from Windows 10

:)

BobPhilip1, Jun 6, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 6, 2019
  3. wahdangun Win User
    App Store and iTunes Accounts Hacked

if you have itunes account beware guys,

source tomshardware

wahdangun, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Need to remove an account in "Accounts used by other apps"

Remove an account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to remove the mail account from Mail app.

Removing an account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/remove-account

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

I would like to inform you that if you do not have any other user account created on your computer, you will not be able to remove the account. The only option for you is to convert the existing Microsoft account to Local account.
    You may refer to the following steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account.

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click
      OK
    • Now, login to Local account.

If you want to bypass the login screen and directly enter to desktop without entering the password, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + R keys.
    • Type netplwiz and Press
      ENTER.
    • Uncheck the box “Users must enter
      a username and password to use this computer” and Click
      Apply.
    • Double click on the User account on which you want to apply this settings.
    • You’ll now be asked to enter the username and password of the account you want to be logged in with automatically
    • Click on OK button.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Need to remove an account in "Accounts used by other apps"

1. Need to remove an account in "Accounts used by other apps" - Similar Threads - Need remove account

2. Can't remove accounts used by other apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove accounts used by other apps: For this problem this is a solution Add and Remove Microsoft, Work, or School Accounts used to sign in by other apps in Windows 11 Tutorial Windows 11 Forum elevenforum.com...
  3. Can't remove accounts used by other apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove accounts used by other apps: For this problem this is a solution Add and Remove Microsoft, Work, or School Accounts used to sign in by other apps in Windows 11 Tutorial Windows 11 Forum elevenforum.com...
  4. Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”

Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”: I have a Microsoft surface laptop. I use it with both my personal and university Microsoft accounts. However at some point, one of my children logged in with their school account, and now I cannot remove it from my computer. It is causing the following issue:When you open...
  5. Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”: I have a Microsoft surface laptop. I use it with both my personal and university Microsoft accounts. However at some point, one of my children logged in with their school account, and now I cannot remove it from my computer. It is causing the following issue:When you open...
  6. Can't remove an Account used by other apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove an Account used by other apps: Multiple times a day I get a pop up in the middle of my screen saying that I need to sign into my workplace or school account. The email doesn't exist, the school has shut the servers down for that email address, even if the servers where up I have no clue what the password...
  7. Can't remove an Account used by other apps

Can't remove an Account used by other apps: Multiple times a day I get a pop up in the middle of my screen saying that I need to sign into my workplace or school account. The email doesn't exist, the school has shut the servers down for that email address, even if the servers where up I have no clue what the password...
  8. Removing account used by other apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing account used by other apps.: I am trying to remove an old work account from my personal PC. I no longer work where I used to and cannot log into that account. How to I remove the account?...
  9. Can't remove accounts used by other apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove accounts used by other apps: I know this has been asked before and despite users saying the answers helped them, it hasn't helped me! I have a personal Windows 10 machine that I used to use to access my old corporate network. But as I no longer work there, I don't have access to that account any more....
  10. Remove Microsoft Account in Accounts used by other apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Microsoft Account in Accounts used by other apps: I've accidently associated another Microsoft Account to my Local Administrator user account on Windows 10 and it doesn't let me remove it. There's no Remove button and I don't understand the reason. I go to Change Account Settings > Email & Accounts > Account used by other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove accounts used by other apps

2. how to remove account used by other apps

3. accounts used by other apps remove

4. delete accounts used by other apps windows 10,
  5. remove accounts used by other app website,
  6. account used by other apps remove,
  7. delete accounts used by other apps,
  8. delete windows 10 accounts used by other apps,
  9. remove account from accounts used by other apps,
  10. account use by other user,
  11. accounts used by other apps delete,