Windows 10: Need to remove old windows 7 safe boot screen on startup

Discus and support Need to remove old windows 7 safe boot screen on startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a old windows 7 safe mode boot screen that migrated over to windows 10. I works on windows 10 but I don't need it any more so I want to get rid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Raner, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Raner Win User

Need to remove old windows 7 safe boot screen on startup

Raner, Sep 5, 2015

2. Windows 10 hung up on home screen

Hi Brian,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that your Computer is hangs at the home screen with the blue spinning circle after upgrading to Windows 10.
    I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I will be happy to assist you with this.

Please follow the below methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Please follow the troubleshooting steps given in the below link for “Resolving stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

Note: This applies to Windows 10 also.

Method 2: Start the Computer in Safe Boot – Safe mode starts the Windows with a limited

Set of files and drivers.

Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files
    and drivers. Startup programs don't run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.

Please refer the steps in the given link below and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/...-safe-mode#start-computer-safe-mode=windows-7

Method 3: Perform Clean Boot- We can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot."
    A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts. Here is the link for your reference to perform clean boot and check if that helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup
    after fixing the issue.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Vijaya Kumari 1, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Windows 10 continuous restart after blue screen

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that you are getting blue screen error after upgrading to Windows 10.I appreciate the efforts you took to resolve the issue. I will be happy to assist you with this.

Please perform the following methods and check if that helps.

I would suggest you to refer the below article for “Resolving Blue Screen errors in Windows”

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/resolve-windows-blue-screen-errors

Method 2: Start the Computer in Safe Boot – Safe mode starts the Windows with a limited

Set of files and drivers.

Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed. Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files
    and drivers. Startup programs don't run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/...-safe-mode#start-computer-safe-mode=windows-7

Method 3: Perform Clean Boot- We can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot."
    A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts. Here is the link for your reference to perform clean boot and check if that helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup
    after fixing the issue.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 5, 2015
  5. if you open cmd prompt as admin
    type bcdedit /delete {the identifier string of safe mode}

from your image you highlighted the area you see the identifier string left click and hold your mouse on the { then drag to the } let go of mouse then right click the highlighted string

then type bcdedit /delete {right click the copied string will appear} press enter
    to verify
    type bcdedit press enter
    you should no longer see the windows safe mode section

icpwolverine, Sep 5, 2015
  6. Raner Win User
    Thanks Guys... Got rid of the windows 7 safe mode entry but the screen still shoes on the start up...
    Now it is just showing windows 10...
    Is there a way to get rid of the screen completely... I don't need the screen because windows 10 is the only OS on this pc... and safe mode is working with f8 key...
    If I get rid of:
    Windows Boot Manager
    --------------------
    identifier {bootmgr}
    device partition=\Device\HarddiskVolume1
    description Windows Boot Manager
    locale en-US
    inherit {globalsettings}
    default {current}
    resumeobject {c4b44845-44a0-11e5-ac59-8cbb353a5a55}
    displayorder {current}
    toolsdisplayorder {memdiag}
    timeout 5
    displaybootmenu Yes

bcdedit /delete {bootmgr}
    Will the screen be removed completely....,

Raner, Sep 5, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 5, 2015
  8. Raner Win User

Thanks Brink... Set it timer to 0 and it's gone...

Raner, Sep 5, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need to remove old windows 7 safe boot screen on startup - Similar Threads - Need remove old

2. Startup Screens at boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Screens at boot up: I have a Lenovo x1 Carbon 6th gen. I just had the screen and system board replaced. When I turn on my computer the Lenovo Logo comes up giving the option to enter the bios, screen 1. Then a windows blue square comes up screen 2, then the lock screen, screen 3. So, three...
  3. Startup Screens at boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Screens at boot up: I have a Lenovo x1 Carbon 6th gen. I just had the screen and system board replaced. When I turn on my computer the Lenovo Logo comes up giving the option to enter the bios, screen 1. Then a windows blue square comes up screen 2, then the lock screen, screen 3. So, three...
  4. Windows 10 keeps booting into a Windows 7 startup repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 keeps booting into a Windows 7 startup repair: I have a laptop that was upgraded from Win 7 to 10. After a recent Windows 10 update, it’s booting into the Windows 7 Startup Repair environment. This startup repair obviously fails because “OS is incompatible” and restarting just continues the loop. I put in my bootable USB...
  5. Need to remove pin number at startup.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to remove pin number at startup.: I have a Windows 10 Home pc. I recently got this pc (my second) back from shop. Of course on setup you have to put in a pin number, which I did. And every time you boot Windows you have to put in the pin. I keep reading there is a way that I can remove pin, but "Remove" is...
  6. Need help booting into safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help booting into safe mode: Hello. My laptops gpu died and I need to boot into safe mode to see if it will work. The problem is the screen doesnt turn on so I dont know where to click. Is there a way I can boot into safe mode using only keyboard shortcuts or by typing into the command prompt? Thank...
  7. Black screen on startup after i tried booting in safe mode.

Black screen on startup after i tried booting in safe mode.: I had a bluescreen crash and when my PC started up again it just ran into the same blue screen. It then just started looping, restarting over and over again. I then tried to boot in safe mode where i interrupted the normal boot 3 times. After the 3 times i was met by a black...
  8. Startup boot to black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup boot to black screen: ive recently built a new computer and installed windows 10 from the usb media however after a day or so the computer will boot to a black screen several times before give the C:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrialtxt error message. I have tried just about everything when I...
  9. Removing Windows 7 from dual boot

Removing Windows 7 from dual boot: Hi I've had a quick look to see if anything comes up on this topic but so far have not found anything. I'm pretty sure it must have come up at some time but I just haven't found it so apologies for posting the question again. I have a spare PC running Win7 and Win10 in...
  10. Is it safe to dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10?

Is it safe to dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10?: I remember seeing some stuff about how Windows 10 would wipe all other partitions, so I'm just wondering if that's still a problem. *sarc And if so, can you select which partition to install on? ( I'd assume definitely so, but.. ) 7154