Windows 10: Need to remove pin number at startup.

Discus and support Need to remove pin number at startup. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Home pc. I recently got this pc (my second) back from shop. Of course on setup you have to put in a pin number, which I did. And... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Earth1957, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Earth1957 Win User

Need to remove pin number at startup.

I have a Windows 10 Home pc. I recently got this pc (my second) back from shop. Of course on setup you have to put in a pin number, which I did. And every time you boot Windows you have to put in the pin. I keep reading there is a way that I can remove pin, but "Remove" is not highlighted. Okay, you go to settings/Accounts/Sign In Options on the left side of screen/ select "Windows Hello Pin"/a screen drops down from it. It has "Change" high lighted, but "Remove" is not high lighted. So I can't select "Remove". After that there is nothing I can do. So is there a way to do away with the pin login? Thanks for the ideas.

:)

Earth1957, Apr 3, 2021

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 3, 2021
  4. BrianMBC Win User

Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Need to remove pin number at startup. - Similar Threads - Need remove pin

2. With the PIN number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    With the PIN number: If have the PIN number can I recover my password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-the-pin-number/5b734163-f1c7-4844-b440-7f1c5b9c3e73
  3. With the PIN number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    With the PIN number: If have the PIN number can I recover my password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-the-pin-number/5b734163-f1c7-4844-b440-7f1c5b9c3e73
  4. PIN Number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Number: I'm locked out of Windows 10...asking for pin number...can't recall. I've tried system restore, and all other auto repair functions, etc. Nothing.Please help.Mike Pasic *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. PIN Number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN Number: I'm locked out of Windows 10...asking for pin number...can't recall. I've tried system restore, and all other auto repair functions, etc. Nothing.Please help.Mike Pasic *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Remove Pin Number option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove Pin Number option: Hello. I have a Dell Optiplex 7050 machine which I accessed Windows with the Pin Number option. The technical service installed a new mother board to the machine. After this change, Windows could be accessed with the password option. I tried to change the Windows access...
  7. PIN numbers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN numbers: My son is being asked for a PIN number? I do not remember a PIN or ever having one. I think he is trying to buy something for his xbox. How do I reset the PIN number for my Microsoft account? Or is it separate for and xbox account?...
  8. pin number

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pin number: I don't remember my pin # https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-number/8ba158ec-df4d-4ae8-9db4-3cad57862f9e
  9. Need PIN number.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need PIN number.: Need PIN number. Can not open Windows with out it. I have forgot the number and can not fine it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-pin-number/f1e355e2-047e-4915-8a73-5e92b882eaed
  10. Pin number at startup saying wrong number before I enter anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin number at startup saying wrong number before I enter anything: When the pin number request pops when starting up my computer, the box where you would put your pin number flashes something and the message incorrect pin number shows before I enter anything. If I use mouse to click on "try again", same thing happens. If I hit any key on...