Windows 10: need to reset password on a local pc

Discus and support need to reset password on a local pc in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; need to reset password, windows 10, local pc... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LaMD, May 16, 2020.

1. LaMD Win User

need to reset password on a local pc

need to reset password, windows 10, local pc

:)

2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 16, 2020
  3. svalderas Win User
    Reset local account password on Windows 10

Technical Level : Basic

Summary

Describes the steps to reset you local account password on Windows 10

Details

A
    Microsoft account
    is a single set of sign-in credentials (email address and password) that provides user access to PCs running Windows and connected services
    from Office to Outlook to Skype. If you lose or forgot your
    Microsoft account
    password, you can recover it from any other device with access to the internet: follow these steps.

A local computer account is an account that is created for a particular device.

If you don’t have a Microsoft account, forgot your local computer account password, and do not have access to a local administrator account for your computer to reset your password,
    you can’t recover it. Instead, you’ll need to reset your PC

Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings.

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.
    • While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.
    • On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.
    • Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

svalderas, May 16, 2020
  4. need to reset password on a local pc

Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 16, 2020
Thema:

need to reset password on a local pc

1. need to reset password on a local pc - Similar Threads - need reset password

2. Windows local password reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows local password reset: Hi Team,This is Ravichandran I recently changed my dell laptop mother board.From there on I could not able to login as it is not recognizing either pin or fingerprint.And Also my old password also not working.I have my Bitlocker key...
  3. Windows local password reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows local password reset: Hi Team,This is Ravichandran I recently changed my dell laptop mother board.From there on I could not able to login as it is not recognizing either pin or fingerprint.And Also my old password also not working.I have my Bitlocker key...
  4. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local User password reset.: Hello,Just have received a message from Win services of password expiration. So went to device manager and changed passwords for local admin and other users. Before now had no problem with that, now when tried to login using PIN received an answer "Your password was changed...
  5. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local User password reset.: Hello,Just have received a message from Win services of password expiration. So went to device manager and changed passwords for local admin and other users. Before now had no problem with that, now when tried to login using PIN received an answer "Your password was changed...
  6. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Reset local admin password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset local admin password: Hi all, Machine has fallen off the domain and can't get in using local admin password I've tried hirens boot CD but doesn't see windows partition. I assume it's because of either uefi or bitlocker I've turned off secure boot but didn't make a difference Any advice please?...
  8. Reset local password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset local password: How do I reset my local password if I only remember my PIN? I tried resetting using the security questions, but I either seem to forget them or am not tying them in the same format. I do not want to lose my account and have to re-install all my programs....
  9. Password reset for local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password reset for local account: I changed the password on a local account and can not log in. How can I reset it if I can not get past the sign on screen? If I try the reset password option, it tells me to insert a USB drive. I did not set up the computer in the beginning, and no reset disc was made. Can I...
  10. Reset Local Account Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset Local Account Password: After a power glitch, Windows did not recognize my local password anymore Although I have been able to login using my Microsoft account password, I would like to be able to login locally again. How to achieve that? I have only found ways to reset the Microsoft account...