Windows 10: Need to Reset Windows 10 Dual Boot (no recovery environement found)

Discus and support Need to Reset Windows 10 Dual Boot (no recovery environement found) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a dual boot configuration on my old X58 platform. The setup was an up to date Windows 10 partition and a Windows 1809 partion. Both OS's were on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by edo101, Jan 12, 2021.

1. edo101 Win User

Need to Reset Windows 10 Dual Boot (no recovery environement found)

I had a dual boot configuration on my old X58 platform. The setup was an up to date Windows 10 partition and a Windows 1809 partion. Both OS's were on the same SSD which had the same system reserved boot partion as a result

I have now moved to a new Z490 platform and cloned my SATA 3 SSD to my new NVME along with it. seeing as its a new platform, I decided to "fresh install" by reseting both partions from within Windows. However I can only do it for my up to date partition: Windows 10 1909. The Windows 1809 partition gives me "Could not find the recovery environement".

I tried "reagentc /enable" but it told me: "REAGENTC.EXE: Unable to update Boot Configuration Data"

So 2 questions then: Is there a way to create a recovery environment parmanently in Windows 1809 partion so that I won't need an external recovery media just like my Windows 1909 partition? If not, How can I reset the 1809 partition and not mess up the boot configuration?

- - - Updated - - -

Or Should I redo the entire dual boot thing and if so, what is the right way to do it so that both installations have a recovery environment?

:)

edo101, Jan 12, 2021

2. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jan 12, 2021
  3. stonebato Win User
    Can't find recovery environment windows 10

Hi guys, good day. I need your help regarding with reseting my laptop. I clone my OS from hdd to ssd using easeUS. after cloning I formatted my hdd since I'm confident that everything is ok. now I can't reset my laptop because of this error. I had tried these steps below but it's not working.
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition
    select partition
    set id

your help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    Need to Reset Windows 10 Dual Boot (no recovery environement found) [​IMG]

stonebato, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Need to Reset Windows 10 Dual Boot (no recovery environement found)

dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Need to Reset Windows 10 Dual Boot (no recovery environement found)

1. Need to Reset Windows 10 Dual Boot (no recovery environement found) - Similar Threads - Need Reset Dual

2. can't reset windows 10 - recovery environment disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't reset windows 10 - recovery environment disabled: i need to reset windows 10 and save my files, but i can't. i've been trying different things all day and am about to give up. it will not allow me to upload screenshots so i will type the error messages out.when i try to reset, it says "could not find the recovery...
  3. can't reset windows 10 - recovery environment disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't reset windows 10 - recovery environment disabled: i need to reset windows 10 and save my files, but i can't. i've been trying different things all day and am about to give up. it will not allow me to upload screenshots so i will type the error messages out.when i try to reset, it says "could not find the recovery...
  4. Cannot boot into Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot boot into Windows Recovery Environment: I cannot get my Windows 10 PC into the Windows Recovery Environment. I followed the procedures offered in another now closed thread see below, but my computer does not enter the WRE. Is there an other way to get to the WRE?Here's the previous thread and recommended...
  5. Cannot boot into Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot boot into Windows Recovery Environment: I cannot get my Windows 10 PC into the Windows Recovery Environment. I followed the procedures offered in another now closed thread see below, but my computer does not enter the WRE. Is there an other way to get to the WRE?Here's the previous thread and recommended...
  6. Cannot boot into Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10 boots to Windows Recovery Environment

Windows 10 boots to Windows Recovery Environment: I have Microsoft Surface Book that came with Windows 10 installed. I bought this laptop in USA and currently I am in India. There was some automatic windows update that required a restart. As soon as I restarted it went into recovery mode. Does it have to do with restarting...
  8. Booting to recovery environment

Booting to recovery environment: Please tell how to boot to recovery environment to solve trouble shoot error in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-to-recovery-environment/da240ec1-b957-44db-88b1-dd365e20bfe2
  9. windows 10 reset could not find the recovery environment

windows 10 reset could not find the recovery environment: Hi, I could not reset my windows 10 to factory settings. I had performed a "Reset This PC" many times. But it say that it "could not find the recovery environment, please insert your installation/recovery media." If anyone could let me know how to proceed to wipe my...
  10. System Restore in Dual Boot Environment

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore in Dual Boot Environment: I have noticed during those times when I have needed to resort to System Restore to fix a problem, either the System Restore failed or the Restore Points I had created previously were gone. When I am in the System Protection (System Restore) window for Windows 7, my boot...