Windows 10: need to restart laptop to connect to wifi

Discus and support need to restart laptop to connect to wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop is not able to connect to any wifi network. But it can after i restart it. All my other devices can use the wifi just fine. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FanniTóth, Mar 14, 2021.

1. need to restart laptop to connect to wifi

My laptop is not able to connect to any wifi network. But it can after i restart it. All my other devices can use the wifi just fine. I tried reinstalling the driver for the wireless adapter, and updating it but it didnt help. I have an acer aspire 5 a517-51g. What can i do? Please help me, i have online school and this is really bad.

:)

FanniTóth, Mar 14, 2021

2. Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Gulve Win User
    Laptop keeps restarting every time I connect to Wifi.

• Are you getting any error messages?
    Code:
    [b]No I am not getting any error message. It is just getting restart automatically.[/b]
    • Is the issue isolated to a specific WiFi connection?
    Code:
    [b]Yes. This issue is specific to WiFi connection at my Home. It works fine on Smartphone's Hot spot.[/b]
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Code:
    [b]So far, I have only tried uninstalling security update, after which it works fine with mu home WiFi also as it used to work before this security update.[/b]

Gulve, Mar 14, 2021
  4. cheetahfm Win User

need to restart laptop to connect to wifi

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

need to restart laptop to connect to wifi

1. need to restart laptop to connect to wifi - Similar Threads - need restart laptop

2. I need to restart my laptop to reconnect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to restart my laptop to reconnect to wifi: Hello,I need to restart my laptop to reconnect to wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-restart-my-laptop-to-reconnect-to-wifi/0c9dc912-4b4a-4e51-b5b6-49503f4c1e10
  3. I need to restart my laptop to reconnect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to restart my laptop to reconnect to wifi: Hello,I need to restart my laptop to reconnect to wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-restart-my-laptop-to-reconnect-to-wifi/0c9dc912-4b4a-4e51-b5b6-49503f4c1e10
  4. Must restart laptop to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Must restart laptop to connect to wifi: Everytime I turn on my laptop there are no networks available. I have to troubleshoot and just let it restart my laptop but then all the wifi connects appear. What do I have to do to fix it so that I dont have to run troubleshooter and restart my laptop every time I turn it...
  5. Must restart laptop to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Must restart laptop to connect to wifi: Everytime I turn on my laptop there are no networks available. I have to troubleshoot and just let it restart my laptop but then all the wifi connects appear. What do I have to do to fix it so that I dont have to run troubleshooter and restart my laptop every time I turn it...
  6. Must restart laptop to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi modem getting restarted connected to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi modem getting restarted connected to my laptop: Hi Good Day Everyone !I'm having a problem laptop - Lenovo ideapad 330 When I tried to connect my laptop to our Router, the router suddenly restarts by itself and disconnects everyone connected to it , and keeps repeating when the Laptop is on. But when i shutdown the laptop...
  8. Laptop won't detect or connect to any WiFi after restart

Laptop won't detect or connect to any WiFi after restart: My laptop has always connected to my home internet via WiFi, automatically, without issue. Today, I restarted my computer myself, but it seemed to be taking a long time. I finally got an error message saying "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just...
  9. Wifi Connection Action Needed

Wifi Connection Action Needed: When i connect to wifi from my Mobile hotspot on my laptop showing "Action Needed". After connecting to wifi its redirecting to "https://www.msn.com/en-xl/?ocid=wispr&pc=u477" this link. And in my wifi section its showing "No Connection, secured" but internet is working....
  10. Laptop not connecting to a wifi ........

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop not connecting to a wifi ........: I opened my laptop after two to three days I try to connect it to wifi so windows get updated but it is not connecting to it it showing no wifi found or unusual beware like on/off a wifi several times.... Please help me.........