Windows 10: Need to restart PC for Windows10 to recognize keyboard?

Discus and support Need to restart PC for Windows10 to recognize keyboard? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The past few days my keyboard keeps disconnecting itself. I am not sure if it has to do with the keyboard itself or windows, but it's the only device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Test247, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Need to restart PC for Windows10 to recognize keyboard?

The past few days my keyboard keeps disconnecting itself. I am not sure if it has to do with the keyboard itself or windows, but it's the only device that seems to be having issues.

Whenever it disconnects the only way to fix it is by restarting PC, and sometimes it might need more than one restart to recognize it. Unplugging and then plugging it won't help, windows won't recognize it.

The past weeks I am also seem to be getting bombarded with BSOD, and that's when I started facing those keyboard issues. Could it be the cause of it or is that highly unlikely? It's a very cheap keyboard by the way, was barely 10 euros.

For the record what I have done so far:

memtest86, disk scan (scannow /f), memory diagnostic, chkdsk etc and found no issues.

submitted by /u/Test247
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Test247, Feb 27, 2020

2. why won't my pc with windows10 recognize my keyboard?

I have a gaming pc that I updated with windows 10. Keyboard and mouse worked fine. Then I dropped my mouse and it stopped working, so I bought a new one from Microsoft for windows 10. During the process of plugging in the usb mouse, I accidentally pulled
    the usb plug for my keyboard. Now neither mouse nor keyboard work. What are the steps to make windows 10 recognize these devises??

CheriBednarck, Feb 27, 2020
  3. devnull Win User
    Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!

Thanks, but how would I be able to do any of the things that you suggest when Windows is not recognizing either my keyboard or my mouse?

I'll mention that I do intend to purchase a *wired* USB keyboard and mouse today and try them, but I'm not optimistic that they will be recognized by Windows either.

devnull, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Andra Win User

Need to restart PC for Windows10 to recognize keyboard?

In-build keyboard is dead until restart

See HP Notebook PCs - Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows) in HP Customer Support - Knowledge Base.

The article provides step-by-step instructions on the topics:

• - Test the Keyboard

• - Pressing keys does nothing (keyboard is not working)

• - ...etc

Andra, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Need to restart PC for Windows10 to recognize keyboard?

1. Need to restart PC for Windows10 to recognize keyboard? - Similar Threads - Need restart Windows10

2. Pc with windows10 does not recognize external USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc with windows10 does not recognize external USB drive: I have a desktop pc with windows10. When I plug is a USB external drive to a USB port the pc does sees the drive but no drive letter. I have to go in disk management to assign a drive letter, than I can access what is on the desk top USB drive. I can not seem to find a...
  3. Pc with windows10 does not recognize external USB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc with windows10 does not recognize external USB drive: I have a desktop pc with windows10. When I plug is a USB external drive to a USB port the pc does sees the drive but no drive letter. I have to go in disk management to assign a drive letter, than I can access what is on the desk top USB drive. I can not seem to find a...
  4. Pc with windows10 does not recognize external USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse 2000not working. windows10 recognize the model and...

microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse 2000not working. windows10 recognize the model and...: my microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard 2000 suddenly didnt work. windows recognize the driver and show the mouse and keyboard is ready to use but it doesnt work. the batteries are full and the key power of the mouse is on. Moreover, when i turn the mouse on, first the green...
  6. PC needs to restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC needs to restart: Everyday I need to deal with this issue and it is not being fix. I use my PC and stuck with restart loop. I dont even know what to do. First time I encounter this issue I restarted it multiple times then I leave the PC for days to check if the issue will comeback well guess...
  7. PC needs to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC needs to restart: Everyday I need to deal with this issue and it is not being fix. I use my PC and stuck with restart loop. I dont even know what to do. First time I encounter this issue I restarted it multiple times then I leave the PC for days to check if the issue will comeback well guess...
  8. PC needs to restart

9. Internal HDD is not recognized (windows10)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD is not recognized (windows10)?: Hi. Three days ago, my laptop locked me out. With the help of this manual Windows 10 Passwort vergessen: Administratorkonto offline aktivieren | WindowsPro I reset my password. Everything worked fine but now my HDD is not shown anywhere. Not in the BIOS and also not in...
  10. PC Needs to Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Needs to Restart: , I came home to find a blue screen with message PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. Stop code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. Computer restarts again and I get the message Windows didn't load correctly with See advanced repair options or Restart my PC...