Windows 10: need to restore my computer back to where it was

Discus and support need to restore my computer back to where it was in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; need to restore ny computer back to where it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tony veno, May 15, 2024.

1. tony veno Win User

need to restore my computer back to where it was

need to restore ny computer back to where it was

:)

tony veno, May 15, 2024
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

need to restore my computer back to where it was 42853d1485958256t-restoring-windows-10-image-using-macrium-reflect-.jpg
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 15, 2024
  3. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, May 15, 2024
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Having trouble restoring from a windows 10 backup to a new computer

Hi Tim,

You can restore files from a backup from another computer by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Control Panel >
      System and Maintenance > Backup and Restore.
    • Choose Select another backup to restore files from, and then follow the steps in the wizard. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

This files will be restored in a folder having the "Username" of the one who created the file. To find the restored files:

• Select the Start button, then select Computer.
    • Double-click the icon of the drive that the files are saved on, for example
      C:\.
    • Double-click the Users folder. You will see a folder for each user account.
    • Double-click the folder for the user name that was used to create the backup. The restored files will be in the various folders based on where they were located originally.

After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Rey Cam, May 15, 2024
Thema:

1. need to restore my computer back to where it was - Similar Threads - need restore computer

2. need to restore my computer back to where it was

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to restore my computer back to where it was: need to restore ny computer back to where it was https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-restore-my-computer-back-to-where-it-was/c6fa2119-10fd-4e8a-84a7-a637c6804352
  3. Needing to revert computer back to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Needing to revert computer back to windows 10: So I'm already not happy with this, I've been dealing with my computer constantly asking me to update and EVERY time I told it no.Well low and behold a couple weeks ago I turn it on and it starts installing windows 11 when I never told it to.Now my computer runs super slow...
  4. Needing to revert computer back to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Needing to revert computer back to windows 10: So I'm already not happy with this, I've been dealing with my computer constantly asking me to update and EVERY time I told it no.Well low and behold a couple weeks ago I turn it on and it starts installing windows 11 when I never told it to.Now my computer runs super slow...
  5. Restoring back the sound of my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restoring back the sound of my laptop: hey, how do i fix the sound of my laptop which goes off just like that, i tried troubleshooting still yet to rectify the problem. i'm using windows 11 pro. Thank you....
  6. Back up and Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up and Restore: Is back up and restore being removed from Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-and-restore/363a9b10-a680-4ac0-9893-a98771b1b31d
  7. need to restore my printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    need to restore my printer: i nee help restoring my printer hp 5200 officejet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-restore-my-printer/42bbb325-694b-493f-bc51-c01a2040a93e
  8. Where did my system restore go?

Where did my system restore go?: Somehow my system has changed not by my doing. Now I can't open Excel files or Word files. What happened? I tried to use a "restore point" I had created days, or weeks ago and I can't even pull that up. I have a good virus program, PC Matic, Has microsoft done something?...
  9. Back up and restore to a new computer

Back up and restore to a new computer: Good afternoon, I just purchased a new computer and would like to back up my present one and transfer it all to the new computer -- transferring as much as I can, such as all files and folders, apps and programs if possible etc. Can I use the back up (backing up on an...
  10. I need to restore Office my computer was updated

I need to restore Office my computer was updated: I updated my computer and need to restore Office https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-restore-office-my-computer-was-updated/7e3fb058-8b5a-4896-93e2-0500953678ee