Windows 10: Need to restore Network status icon on taskbar

Discus and support Need to restore Network status icon on taskbar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my network status icon has disappeared when the taskbar is shown on the bottom. The status icon DOES show up when I move it to the right side. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by robert123, Nov 4, 2018.

1. robert123 Win User

Need to restore Network status icon on taskbar

my network status icon has disappeared when the taskbar is shown on the bottom.

The status icon DOES show up when I move it to the right side.

I am running Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.376]

the taskbar is unlocked

i have selected show network in taskbar settings for both system icons and "select which icons appear on the taskbar"
    I

:)

robert123, Nov 4, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 4, 2018
  3. blockie Win User
    Taskbar no network icon

Network and Sharing is the only plce I can see the list of detected networks.
    How do I get the the icon on the taskbar?
    Bill

blockie, Nov 4, 2018
  4. Darshan J Win User

Sound icon missing from taskbar

Hi,

Provide us with the below information to help you better.

Which build is currently running on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates and restart your computer, check if it fixes the issue.

Make sure Volume button display is enabled in taskbar.

• Open settings window
    • Click on personalization, on left pane select task bar.
    • On right pane click on 'select what icons appear on the taskbar'.
    • Toggle volume icon to make volume icon appear on task bar.

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Nov 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need to restore Network status icon on taskbar - Similar Threads - Need restore Network

2. Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks: Hi, this is happening on a Dell Precision 3520 running windows 10 Pro. It is very annoying having to go to settings page network status every time I click on the Wi-fi icon on taskbar, and then having to click on "Available Networks" to actually see them. It is unpractical,...
  3. Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks: Hi, this is happening on a Dell Precision 3520 running windows 10 Pro. It is very annoying having to go to settings page network status every time I click on the Wi-fi icon on taskbar, and then having to click on "Available Networks" to actually see them. It is unpractical,...
  4. Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Taskbar Network Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Network Icon Missing: Today January 18th 2022 I started my PC and discovered the network icon has gone missing from the taskbar leaving only the sound icon. Can anybody help? I've attached what it looks like to help.I can connect via ethernet and Wi-Fi but things internet speed and general PC...
  6. Taskbar Network Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Network Icon Missing: Today January 18th 2022 I started my PC and discovered the network icon has gone missing from the taskbar leaving only the sound icon. Can anybody help? I've attached what it looks like to help.I can connect via ethernet and Wi-Fi but things internet speed and general PC...
  7. Taskbar battery status icon is not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar battery status icon is not showing: Taskbar battery status icon is not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-battery-status-icon-is-not-showing/646d32f6-dcc1-487a-8f79-3c5e3f9e026e
  8. Network Icon on taskbar not working

Network Icon on taskbar not working: The network icon on my taskbar, shows my connnection when I hover on it, but when I left click on it, a plain white box appears with 'searching' dots crossing the top before it closes. I have no other issues......
  9. Network icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network icon in taskbar: What file has the network icon in the taskbar in Windows 10. 1903? There is no Pnidui.dll file. John 138427
  10. Taskbar no network icon

Taskbar no network icon: Network and Sharing is the only plce I can see the list of detected networks. How do I get the the icon on the taskbar? Bill 43226

Users found this page by searching for:

1. need wifi icon on taskbar

2. restoring network icon in taskbar

3. network status icon

4. how to show network status in taskbar,
  5. restore network to taskbar,
  6. need icons to the networks