Windows 10: Need to restrain microsoft store in administrator account

Discus and support Need to restrain microsoft store in administrator account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I use an administrator account right now. I seek a way to block or disable or protect by password, or restrain in ANY way the microsoft store, even... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JOSEPH MARTIN DE MONTIGNY, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Need to restrain microsoft store in administrator account

I use an administrator account right now.

I seek a way to block or disable or protect by password, or restrain in ANY way the microsoft store, even the free apps.

Is there a way, or anything I can do to block people from installing new microsoft store apps.

If required I will begin to block ports, buy I would prefer softer methods.

I also try to not setup "child" accounts if it can be avoided ; I want to keep it simple.

:)

JOSEPH MARTIN DE MONTIGNY, Jun 28, 2020
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Undo/Un-sync Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

Hi,

It seems that there are changes made on your administrator account after logging in to the Microsoft Store as one of your children. For us to resolve the issue, we suggest that you switch the administrator account to local account and switch it to your own
    Microsoft account. To change account types on your computer, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Under User Accounts, click Change account type.
    • Select your user account and then click Change the account type.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Need to restrain microsoft store in administrator account

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Need to restrain microsoft store in administrator account

1. Need to restrain microsoft store in administrator account - Similar Threads - Need restrain microsoft

2. Administrative account- need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrative account- need help: I can’t access my administrator account and I have one and only account which I can access is local account. I have been experiencing this issue for the past few months and it only showed me the system recovery point for yesterday. I have tried this following...
  3. Administrative account- need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrative account- need help: I can’t access my administrator account and I have one and only account which I can access is local account. I have been experiencing this issue for the past few months and it only showed me the system recovery point for yesterday. I have tried this following...
  4. Need help with administrative account

Need help with administrative account: I changed the administrator account to a standard account and the standard to an administrator account . When I tried to sign in it says that for the first time I am accessing the account which is not right. Later, I was asked to setup a pin for the new administrator account...
  5. Need help with administrative account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with administrative account: I changed the administrator account to a standard account and the standard to an administrator account . When I tried to sign in it says that for the first time I am accessing the account which is not right. Later, I was asked to setup a pin for the new administrator account...
  6. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to change an administrator account into the owner account: So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it...
  7. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

Need to change an administrator account into the owner account: So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it...
  8. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Dad needs administrative account on son's laptop w/o Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Dad needs administrative account on son's laptop w/o Microsoft account: Hello, My son is the lone user of his laptop. It runs Windows 10 v1909. We are finding he is staying up too late and this results in a dysfunctional day after. I have my router locked down against viewing inappropriate content so I am not concerned about this issue. I need...
  10. need help accessing administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    need help accessing administrator account: Hello A sever weather storm knocked out electricity which of course offset my electronics. When trying to establish a connection I entered the wrong email on my administrator account. The password I have for that does not work as it is not an msn accont. How do I...