Windows 10: Need to run automatic Diskcleanup,temp files clear.

Discus and support Need to run automatic Diskcleanup,temp files clear. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We are using Labtech tool. Please share any Powershell script for the below things to run automatic mode for all the pcs. How to clear the below... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hariharan_837, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Need to run automatic Diskcleanup,temp files clear.

We are using Labtech tool.

Please share any Powershell script for the below things to run automatic mode for all the pcs.

How to clear the below things from all the clients pcs?
    Temp
    %temp% from all the user profiles
    Prefetch
    Old Prefetch data
    DNS cachne

Ingternet Explorer Category
    Temporary Internet Files
    History
    Cookies
    Recently Typed URLs
    Index.dat files
    Last Download Location

Windows Explorer Category
    Run history
    Thumbnail Cache
    Taskbar Junp Lists
    System Category:

Disk Cleanup
    Replaced WinSxS assemblies
    Residual files or previous version(s) of Dism++
    Backup files of chrome web browser old version
    Windows Update installation history
    Damaged Appx
    Windwos downlaod Cache
    Delivery Optimization Cache
    Terminal Server Cleint Cache
    PDB Cache files
    NET assembly cache
    Thumbnail Cache
    WinNet Web Cache
    WinINet Cookies
    Package Cache Folder
    WinSxS temp files
    common temp extract directory for drivers
    Recycling stations
    The dmp files of Ssytem and Applications
    MA's Useless Files

Applications:
    Firefox Category:Internet Cache
    Internet History
    Cookies
    Downlaod History
    Last Download Location

Google Chrome Category:
    Internet Cachne
    Internet History

:)

hariharan_837, Aug 22, 2018

2. to clear Temp Files ??

I have option to clear temp files....but i m unsure whether it deletes such traces....

Abhishek Roy 1988, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Temp Files : Runaway Creation

Hello Bruce,

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files nad check if it helps:

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK

Get back to us, if you have further queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 22, 2018
  4. pranzal Win User

Need to run automatic Diskcleanup,temp files clear.

not able to clear temp files

i cannot clear my temp files. what may be the reasons?

pranzal, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Need to run automatic Diskcleanup,temp files clear.

1. Need to run automatic Diskcleanup,temp files clear. - Similar Threads - Need run automatic

2. Files getting automatically deleted in Temp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files getting automatically deleted in Temp folder: Specs:Windows 10 Pro, version 21H2, OS build 19044.2364.Storage Sense is turned off.No 3rd party virus scanners or disk cleanup software installed.Issue: Majority of files in system temporary directory i.e. the path the environment variables TEMP and TMP are pointing to,...
  3. Files getting automatically deleted in Temp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files getting automatically deleted in Temp folder: Specs:Windows 10 Pro, version 21H2, OS build 19044.2364.Storage Sense is turned off.No 3rd party virus scanners or disk cleanup software installed.Issue: Majority of files in system temporary directory i.e. the path the environment variables TEMP and TMP are pointing to,...
  4. Files getting automatically deleted in Temp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows\Temp folder is accumulating log files file extension is*.log, not clearing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows\Temp folder is accumulating log files file extension is*.log, not clearing.: My C:\Windows\Temp folder is accumulating log files file extension is*.log and they are not clearing. For instance, over the past 20 days I have accumulated over 600 files totaling over 100 megabytes. Before I noticed the issue my PC had accumulated well over a thousand...
  6. Run clear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run clear: In my Windows from start menu run history automatically clearing. How to stop removing this history from run menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-clear/8dee0f68-3bc5-485a-80ed-c3f3007b8e8e
  7. Clearing temp files from in Settings broke everything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clearing temp files from in Settings broke everything.: So my SSD was getting a tad full and I was poking around trying to free up some space. In Settings>System>Storage if you click Temp Files it says "Some temporary files are needed by apps. Below is a list of files you can remove now." Well, apparently there's a BIG difference...
  8. windows diskcleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows diskcleanup: Okay i Have contacted microsoft and I still have a problem with disc cleanup it shows 123kb temporary internet files with a lock then further down the list temporary files is now at 908 kb it grows larger everyday I have run scans for health check, restore health check...
  9. Clearing Dump and Temp files with CCleaner

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Clearing Dump and Temp files with CCleaner: I just install CCleaner for my PC today and i just finish my scanning it. I got this result [img] My question is, its safe to clean all that windows files above with 3rd party software ? 78449
  10. Need help to clear Run history.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help to clear Run history.: I've made sure there are no entries in the RunMRU key (there were none) and even tried deleting the key. Also restarted windows. There must be some settings elsewhere. What can I do to clear the history? [img] 69021