Windows 10: Need to start a program minimized

Discus and support Need to start a program minimized in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi... I made a new string on the following registry key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Raner, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Raner Win User

Need to start a program minimized

Hi...
    I made a new string on the following registry key:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    I got the program to start on windows startup. But I need it to open minimized.
    What do I need to do to make it open minimized...Thanks...

:)

Raner, Sep 28, 2019

2. How to actually start program minimized in Windows 10?

Steps i tried to make program (for example: Thunderbird) to load on startup, but minimized:

1. Placed shortcut under: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    2. In a shortcut properties i've checked "minimized"

Rebooted windows, it does start, but MAXIMIZED! Can't make it minimized, just like on MacOS i could set it hidden.

Alexander Kim, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Windows Arguments List - Start Programs Minimized with Task Scheduler.

Hello Community!

I'm trying to get BBC iPlayer downloads to start automagically at 2100 so that it can start downloading Doctor Who. I'd like it to start minimized, but I am unsure how to do so.

In addition to this, does anyone know if there is a list somewhere with all of the default windows program arguments? And can they please provide the link? It would be very useful to me.

To clear any confusion some people may have, here is a screenshot of what I mean:

Need to start a program minimized [​IMG]

Thank you!

QwertySpace, Sep 28, 2019
  4. a6naf Win User

Auto-minimizing of some programs, not able to bring out of minimized state

I have been have some strange issues for a while now, in that certain programs are unwilling to open in any state other than minimized. It started with Steam, not the whole program but messages from a single friend always remaining minimized. It has now
    progressed to the friends list always remaining minimized as well as several other friends' messages being sometimes minimized. This morning it started happening to every Chrome page I tried to open. The page opens in minimized form and cannot be pulled up
    on the screen in any way. This happens regardless of what other programs are open or how many times the program is opened. I have tried re-installing Chrome and restoring the computer to about a week ago. As this is no longer confined to a single program I
    am convinced that there is a setting somewhere in Windows 10 that is causing this despite the fact that I have not been altering any settings. I have been using Windows 10 for months without significant problems, but this is getting ridiculous. Any suggests
    for resolving this would be much appreciated.

a6naf, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Need to start a program minimized - Similar Threads - Need start program

2. minimize a program on run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minimize a program on run: I am trying to launch a music app on startup which uses the windows android emulator. I did the thing where you go into the startup folder and properties and set the run dropdown to minimized. That works, except it only works on the shortcut which launches music. Basically,...
  3. How to start a program minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    How to start a program minimized: Hi... I made a new string on the following registry key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run I got the program to start on windows startup. But I need it to open minimized. What do I need to do to make it open...
  4. Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger: Hi guys, I recently re-installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and I already ran into troubles. I fixed most of them with DISM & SFC scans, but for some weird reason my Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger, and the Folders inside Windows Explorer look somehow a...
  5. Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized doesn't work

Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized doesn't work: I've read this old thread: How To Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized since I'm facing the same problem (I want to start a couple of apps minimized plus task manager) and I tried the following commands but they don't work: Code: start /min ""...
  6. How To Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized

How To Automaticaly Start A Program Minimized: I have an old programme I like called Desktop Secretary that I am using With Windows 10. Its being run in compatibility mode for Vista SP2. The built in option to run on startup does not work for Win 10 so I am using Task scheduler to make it run automatically at startup. Is...
  7. Startup program starts minimized when in Tablet mode

Startup program starts minimized when in Tablet mode: Hi, I need Windows 10 to boot directly to a program. Whatever I try .vbs, .bat or just shortcut in Startup folder, it always starts minimized to task bar. When I click on the task bar it gets blown up full screen. Once I turn off the Tablet mode it starts good, maximized....
  8. Minimize programs and restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Minimize programs and restore: Another problem I'm finding with 10 is as follows. With 7 it was easy to minimize an open program. It disappeared to Explorer and could be clicked on and restored. Under 10 you can minimize, but only the first one is recognized. If you minimized a second program it supplants...
  9. Batch file start program minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file start program minimized: Here's a little script to make a backup of 2 directories: Code: ::can't copy Opera data while Opera is running taskkill /im opera.exe robocopy c:\all e:\Bobback\All /mir robocopy c:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming e:\Bobback\Roaming /mir ::restart Opera minimized start...
  10. Batch file - Unable to start a program minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file - Unable to start a program minimized: I've been trying to figure this out for a while now and I can't. I've looked at tons of small tips online to get this working but it doesn't work at all. I have a batch file which causes various programs to start when opened. However, one of them always appears above the rest...