Windows 10: Need to stop Countdown to Goodness & it's popups for Ver 1903

Discus and support Need to stop Countdown to Goodness & it's popups for Ver 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 Home version OS Build 17134.165 ver. 1803 64bit MSI hardware Hard wired Ethernet (not wifi) I believe that the update downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mongoose71, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Need to stop Countdown to Goodness & it's popups for Ver 1903

Hi,

Windows 10 Home version OS Build 17134.165 ver. 1803
    64bit MSI hardware

Hard wired Ethernet (not wifi)

I believe that the update downloaded behind my back, now Countdown to Goodness admonishes me to restart and update, via obedience to the notification window. All I can do is click “Wait an hour”

For various reasons, I do not want the Countdown to Goodness upgrade, presumable to version 1903, or whatever. I can elaborate on my justifications for declining this upgrade, in another message thread, if desired. Compliance with the update notification is not an option for me.

My unsuccessful efforts to stop both the Countdown to Goodness upgrade and it's hourly/random notifications have been attempted via System Settings, RegEdit, and GPEdit.msc:

Settings, System, Check for Updates

Restart Required has the red circle exclamation “bang” symbol, and I can't get rid of it.

Status is “Pending restart” I can't get rid of that either.

Changed Active hours to the full 18 allowed, powered off outside those hours, and Countdown to Goodness admonishes me to restart and update, even during these hours.

Advance options – all are switched OFF

Give me updates… --- OFF

Automatically download updates ----- OFF

We'll show a reminder ----- OFF

Delivery Optimization - OFF

Regedit attempts to stop updates. This should have stopped the Countdown to Goodness cold, but it didn't.

I performed the instructions at the

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-...s-10#disable_automatic_windows_update_regedit

and the popups continued.

Next, I installed/enabled gpedit.msc

Using gpedit.msc, here's what I did:

Computer Configuration--- Administrative Templates --- Windows Components --- Windows Update ---
    Here's the settings I did:
    Configure Automatic Updates ---> Enabled, option 4, Sched install day 7, 0300 (PC will be power off during this time)
    Reschedule Automatic Updates Scheduled Installations ---> Disabled
    No auto-restart ---> Enabled
    Automatic Updates detection frequency ---> Disabled
    Allow Automatic Updates immediate installation ---> Disabled
    Delay Restart for scheduled installations ---> Enabled the 30 minutes max allowable
    Re-prompt for restart ---> Enabled ---> 1440 minutes (re-prompt occurs hourly and randomly anyway)
    and, I rebooted, and re-checked the above settings.

Web pages tell us that gpedit.msc is supposed to disable update warnings and automatic updates. In spite of this, Countdown to Goodness overrides all my efforts in Settings, in Regedit, and in gpedit.msc.

There must be an obvious omission on my part.

Any enlightenment will be most highly appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Mongoose71, Nov 17, 2019

2. How can I stop the "Countdown to Goodness"?

I have Windows update turned off but I am still getting idiotic and extremely annoying "Countdown to the Goodness" messages every hour. How can I make it stop forever? (short of dropping the laptop off a 400 foot building or installing Linux on it)

Tyler Durden, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Ver.1903

Hello,

I recommend you to upgrade to V1903 via ISO file.

Refer this step-by-step guide:

[GUIDE] How To Upgrade To Windows 10 Using ISO File

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Need to stop Countdown to Goodness & it's popups for Ver 1903

Stop the Countdown to Goodness auto Querys

So on Update 1709 I found that My computers Network adapter (The port where you plug in the Ethernet cable) Did not work. I tried:

-Uninstaling the software then reinstaling from fresh drivers after the update.

-Using a new cable

-Updating and restarting my router, My computer ect.

-Enabling/disabling the Broken part.

SO I am now just going to stay on this version of windows. Forever.

Now I have gone into regedit to put in No auto update and no auto reboot with logged on users, But my computer Continually and oh so helpfully tells me of my 'Countdown to goodness' that will install new updates. Which wont install. Because I disabled it on
    the registry.

Because I don't want it.

How do I disable this annoying announcement for good?

AlphonseVaher, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Need to stop Countdown to Goodness & it's popups for Ver 1903

1. Need to stop Countdown to Goodness & it's popups for Ver 1903 - Similar Threads - Need stop Countdown

2. Need assistance stopping virus popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need assistance stopping virus popup: We get frequent popups about virus infections with McAfee named in the popup."E:\Bryan\FORUM_QUESTIONS\MSDN\virus_popup.png"Open the Windows Icon from the task bar, go to “All apps” and there is no antivirus software installed. Looked specifically for McAfee and Norton, not...
  3. Need assistance stopping virus popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need assistance stopping virus popup: We get frequent popups about virus infections with McAfee named in the popup."E:\Bryan\FORUM_QUESTIONS\MSDN\virus_popup.png"Open the Windows Icon from the task bar, go to “All apps” and there is no antivirus software installed. Looked specifically for McAfee and Norton, not...
  4. need widows 10 ver 1903 dvd without license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    need widows 10 ver 1903 dvd without license: need widows 10 home edition ver 1903 dvd without license. I already have that. my disk is destroyed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-widows-10-ver-1903-dvd-without-license/133dd2fe-2e7b-489f-a2de-3ce23b78a7a9"
  5. Windows 10 Ver.1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Ver.1903: I tried many times to windows update for Ver.1903 since June-2019 but still not success till now. In August, I used the "Windows10UpgraderApp.exe" for trying update of Ver.1903. The error code is 0xc0000006. Please advise the solution to fix it. Thanks!...
  6. Windows upgraded to Ver 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows upgraded to Ver 1903: Last night I upgraded to Windows 10 automatic upgrade, Now when trying to use other softwear that links into EXCEL 2013 It doesn't work and I get this error message Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {000245000-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due...
  7. windows10 ver.1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows10 ver.1903 update: My laptop came with windows 10 ver.1803. If i upgrade it to version 1903 will there be any problem to windows activation in my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-ver1903-update/c1242502-cbc2-4647-b306-ca0063ee6a16
  8. windows10 1903 ver.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows10 1903 ver.: plus LAST culmilative update KB4507453-givin permission to foxnews.com-flash player still doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-1903-ver/38d14ca4-72da-42c4-a300-c8f1ab0ea568
  9. ver 1903

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ver 1903: just installed new asus monitor, device manager only showing generic pnp, i have done this before but have no idea why it is not recognized 135083
  10. ver 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    ver 1903: just installed new asus monitor, device manager only showing generic pnp, i have done this before but have no idea why it is not recognized 135083

Users found this page by searching for:

1. countdown to goodness

2. the steps to terminate a countdown to goodness in windows 10

3. stop countdown to goodness windows 10