Windows 10: Need to Stop HP Driver Update

Discus and support Need to Stop HP Driver Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro on HP Envy PC. Windows Update is presenting an HP USB update (from 2012) with status "Pending Install". This appeared a few days ago so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by larrymcg, May 29, 2019.

1. larrymcg Win User

Need to Stop HP Driver Update

Win 10 Pro on HP Envy PC. Windows Update is presenting an HP USB update (from 2012) with status "Pending Install". This appeared a few days ago so I installed it which resulted in USB problems with my HP printer. That is, could not print any more. Poked around and found an error claiming the printer would not work on a USB 3.0 port but it has been using the same port for years just fine. I couldn't find a way to roll-back the driver. I ended up doing a System Restore which worked and the printer started working again. But now that same update has appeared in Windows Update again even though the update status shows the HP USB update already installed.

Windows Updates shows:

HP-USB-8/13/2012 12:00:00 AM - 7.0.0.25

How do I make this driver update go away ( and stay away) so it doesn't install again?

-- Larry

:)

larrymcg, May 29, 2019

2. windows update kb4038788 stopped hp printer driver

windows update kb4038788 stopped hp printer driver, after uninstall the update the printer worked normal.

Any suggestions?

Regards

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup / PC

AymanAmmari, May 29, 2019
  3. NEBob5 Win User
    Printer Stopped Wording HP LazerJet 4 Plus

Thanks so much for your reply !

I stepped through each process listed with no change in my situation. The printer will not respond on anything needing printing.

In addition wile updating drivers from the HP support site there was notice list concerning Windows 10 and two recent updates KB3132372 and kb3133431, they stated first KB created the problem trying to solve a problem with Adobe Flash and the second was
    a fix ? They suggested removing flash, restarting machine and trying printer. I also did this with no results !

NEBob5, May 29, 2019
  4. Need to Stop HP Driver Update

Windows 10 Hibernate issue with the HP laptop

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to runt the Power troubleshooter and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter and check.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Select View all from the left pane and select Power.
    • Follow the on-screen troubleshooter and try the steps.
    We would also suggest you to update the firmware of the BIOS and install the chipset drivers and check.

For steps related to updating firmware for the BIOS and chipset drivers, you may contact the HP.

Ravinath P, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Need to Stop HP Driver Update

1. Need to Stop HP Driver Update - Similar Threads - Need Stop Driver

2. Stop Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Driver Updates: It's not a question, it's a request. Please stop installing AMD video drivers with my Windows 11 updates. Whatever it is that you are installing makes certain games complain that I don't meet the minimum requirements to run them and it breaks AMD Adrenaline. If you insist on...
  3. Stop Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Driver Updates: It's not a question, it's a request. Please stop installing AMD video drivers with my Windows 11 updates. Whatever it is that you are installing makes certain games complain that I don't meet the minimum requirements to run them and it breaks AMD Adrenaline. If you insist on...
  4. WU wants to update my printer driver - need to stop it

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WU wants to update my printer driver - need to stop it: Running W10 Home level 1909. Some months ago WU installed a backlevel HP driver for my HP printer, and that caused me trouble. Now WU is again trying to install the same backlevel HP driver. How do I delete the WU update to my HP printer driver software? See attached wu.png...
  5. How to stop an HP driver update

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop an HP driver update: HP-USB-2/10/2017 12:00AM-44.1.2402.1741, downloads and installs everyday in Windows Update. 37 times since March 13. Windows 10 Home, cannot find a way to hide update, or remove it. Is there a way to do this?...
  6. Need to Stop HP Driver Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need to Stop HP Driver Update: Win 10 Pro on HP Envy PC. Windows Update is presenting an HP USB update (from 2012) with status "Pending Install". This appeared a few days ago so I installed it which resulted in USB problems with my HP printer. That is, could not print any more. Poked around and found an...
  7. need to load driver for HP monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    need to load driver for HP monitor?: I recently bought a new monitor (HP VH240a). It works fine out of the box. On the HP support site there is a driver, which I downloaded. Is there any reason to load that driver since the monitor seems to work fine now? 128987
  8. Stop driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop driver update: I keep having an driver update showing up and I no longer have the device on my pc. How do I keep that from showing up? 55005
  9. Need to Stop Windows from updating video driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need to Stop Windows from updating video driver: Hello all, Is there a way to stop Windows 10 from updating my video driver? Thanks much. 101752
  10. Need (updated?) Graphic Driver for my HP Pavilion

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need (updated?) Graphic Driver for my HP Pavilion: Here's the issue: 1) I get a rainbow-y 'snow' picture when I press any key to 'wake up' the computer from a sleep mode.. I had to shut down the computer and boot back up 2) When I leave the computer on and had to go away for a couple hours.. what happen is that when I...