Windows 10: need to synchronize between two folders

Discus and support need to synchronize between two folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Am sorting out hundreds of photos for archiving, need to add them to final folder and delete from the source folder...I have a complete backup on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by reddwarf4ever, Nov 7, 2015.

1. need to synchronize between two folders

Hi
    Am sorting out hundreds of photos for archiving, need to add them to final folder and delete from the source folder...I have a complete backup on another partition, which I have to copy to at the end of each session to keep them both up to date.....I hear there is an MS program called synctoy not sure how stable this is for W10 or if there is a better alternative would appreciate any suggestions thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Nov 7, 2015

2. Desktop-PPC communication using ActiveSync

I have written a small application to enable communication between desktop and HP iPAQ using ActiveSync via USB. When i connect the iPAQ to the desktop the ActiveSync synchronisation window comes up in the PC. I don't need to synchronize any files as such
    between the two devices (I only need the communication through my app), so I do not select any folders for synchronization. ActiveSync now shows "connected" but my application does not work.

If, however, I choose to synchronize ANY file or folder at least once, the communication works. Following this, if I disconnect and reconnect the device and never select folders to sync again, the application always works.

Is there a requirement that the devices need to be "Synchronized" at least once before they can be used in just "connected" mode?

ActiveSyncUser, Nov 7, 2015
  3. E51 fails to synchronize calendar between two phones

There are few workarounds possible to synchronize data between two phones, Pc Suite is one of them. I am looking for the simpliest one. That should be functionality provided by Nokia, but unfortunately it does not work in the latest firmware.

kaj_ti_mar, Nov 7, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

need to synchronize between two folders

SyncToy is part of Windows Powertools for Windows XP. Not sure if it works in Windows 10. You may have to run it in Windows XP compatibility mode. Download it from here.

spapakons, Nov 7, 2015
  5. according to MS site it works in windows 7 but just keeps saying stopped working when run

reddwarf4ever, Nov 7, 2015
  6. Phone Man Win User
    I use it on my Windows 10 system and it works great.
    It has different modes and options.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Nov 8, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Nov 8, 2015
  8. need to synchronize between two folders

Thanks I found freefilesync and tested it out with some practice folders seems good....will try it out tomorrow on my working folders...would prefer if it synced ' on the fly' as it were, seems necessary to click on compare first then synchronise.....can't work out why sync toy keeps saying " program has stopped working " when I run it tried compatibility, maybe there is a Windows file I need .net framework or similar....would prefer an MS program if possible

reddwarf4ever, Nov 8, 2015
  9. spapakons Win User
    Have you tried to run it as Administrator? Also if setting compatibility for current user doesn't work, try setting for all users.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

need to synchronize between two folders

1. need to synchronize between two folders - Similar Threads - need synchronize between

2. Need help with synchronization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with synchronization: Hi.I used my own Microsoft account my One Drive to use Word Office in a computer that isnt mine.My emails and all of my personal folders are synchronized on a computer that someone else is marked as the owner. The problem is that I cannot remove the access. Can you please let...
  3. Disable time synchronization between two local accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable time synchronization between two local accounts: Hi all.Initial data: Windows 10 is installed on the laptop with two accounts, one of them is an administrator, the second is a regular user. Both have access.Task: set up the system so that each local user has a different date and time. At the moment, when setting the date on...
  4. Disable time synchronization between two local accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable time synchronization between two local accounts: Hi all.Initial data: Windows 10 is installed on the laptop with two accounts, one of them is an administrator, the second is a regular user. Both have access.Task: set up the system so that each local user has a different date and time. At the moment, when setting the date on...
  5. Disable time synchronization between two local accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Synchronization of Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Synchronization of Folders: I have been trying to configure the latest version of Google Drive for Desktop which was formerly called Backup and Sync but have not been able to reach the intended goal. Can someone explain step by step how to achieve the following?Synchronize a certain folder on one...
  7. Synchronizing two computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Synchronizing two computers: I am hesitating building a PC because it will be a lot of trouble to constantly transfer files from my laptop to the desktop and vice versa. I was wondering if there is a way to sync everything from both computers automatically. And I mean not just settings and some folders,...
  8. How to sync a folder between two laptops?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to sync a folder between two laptops?: Hi everyone, I have two laptops, Laptop A and Laptop B. I use Laptop A for working from home and Laptop B is mainly for Netflix as it also works as a tablet. Is it possible to sync my work from Laptop A to Laptop B? OneDrive doesn't work on Laptop A so I am unable to use...
  9. Cant transfer folders between two computers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant transfer folders between two computers?: Hello, Does anyone have experience transfer data between two computers ? I connected rj45 between them didnt work connected them both to a router doesnt work Sometimes i can see each computer name but when i click on it , it says network credentials but neither computer...
  10. Synchronize Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Synchronize Folders: Is there any simple way to synchronize folders on the same drive? On two different drives on same PC? On two different networked PCs? 19322