Windows 10: Need to Transfer a file from Windows OS to Unix/Linux system , both are in different PCs

Discus and support Need to Transfer a file from Windows OS to Unix/Linux system , both are in different PCs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Need to Transfer a file from Windows OS to Unix/Linux system , both are in different PCs . how to perform this activity ? please advise asap.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vijayshankar2, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Need to Transfer a file from Windows OS to Unix/Linux system , both are in different PCs

Need to Transfer a file from Windows OS to Unix/Linux system , both are in different PCs . how to perform this activity ? please advise asap.

:)

vijayshankar2, Nov 13, 2019

2. Which Unix Do You Use?

An embedded Linux on my NAS *Smile Need to Transfer a file from Windows OS to Unix/Linux system , both are in different PCs :)

Also, since this is about Unix based OSes, why is everyone listing their Windows version? Besides, how is Unix related to a mac vs PC discussion?

DanTheBanjoman, Nov 13, 2019
  3. freakshow Win User
    Linux/Unix Desktop Screenshots

I'm a little bored so i thought ill make a screenshot's thread for the linux/unix user here at TPU. So lets see those screenshot's.

Please list
    1. Distro that your using and what else your using on your theme *Smile Need to Transfer a file from Windows OS to Unix/Linux system , both are in different PCs :)

If you want to rate themes, go right ahead. but u don't have too

So here is mine not much still kind of new to linux *Laugh :laugh:

System:
    Windows Vista/Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy)

Need to Transfer a file from Windows OS to Unix/Linux system , both are in different PCs screenshot-jpg.jpg

freakshow, Nov 13, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

Need to Transfer a file from Windows OS to Unix/Linux system , both are in different PCs

Linux/Unix ?

i would suggest Kubuntu (Ubuntu with the KDE desktop environment)if you are looking to try it out as it's the closest to windows as Linux gets...It does take time to learn but not really..just some apps like games take a bit more knowledge to get working good. it is a fantastic free OS and has some really nice features built in

jmcslob, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Need to Transfer a file from Windows OS to Unix/Linux system , both are in different PCs

1. Need to Transfer a file from Windows OS to Unix/Linux system , both are in different PCs - Similar Threads - Need Transfer file

2. OS files present in both drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OS files present in both drives: I recently bought "DELL INSPIRON 3501 i5 11th gen" laptop. From yesterday onwards it started to run slow. And my cousin is saying that the OS files are present in both C Drive as well as D Drive. Please any one help me....
  3. Boot to linux OS from windows with a command

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot to linux OS from windows with a command: hello guys, i am using Windows 10 Version 21H1 19043.1023 i have also installed linux on my other drive, and i am using UEFI boot mode with fast boot enabled, i would like to know, can make any command shortcut that will reboot windows and boot to my linux os automatically ?...
  4. Transfer OS+files from HDD to SDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer OS+files from HDD to SDD?: Hi, I bought a new SSD 1TB to backup all my files from my old HDD 1TB. I want to transfer all my files and OS win10 from old hdd to new ssd. I used "Cocosenor Backup Tuner" program to do that and did. Now when I want to boot from my ssd it fails to identify windows!! My old...
  5. Transfer of windows OS to a new system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of windows OS to a new system: So I'm building a new PC and I want to transfer my windows 10 OS to the new system. I understand how to download the windows install media however, I am unable to obtain the product key. I purchased this years ago and it is reflected in the past transactions on the microsoft...
  6. Why doesn't Microsoft do Linux/Unix?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why doesn't Microsoft do Linux/Unix?: Why doesn't Microsoft do a version of Linux or Unix? G-Unix/Gunix? G-Linux/Glinux? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-microsoft-do-linuxunix/9740475c-b851-4caf-9adf-3e8947b191b2
  7. Is the Linux installation different from that of windows 10?

Is the Linux installation different from that of windows 10?: Hello I can install Linux but windows 10 doesn't the linux installation run any different or what's going on there? Ist die Linux installation anders als die von windows 10?
  8. FAILED File transfer between PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FAILED File transfer between PCs: 1) Want to transfer files between PCs using ethernet (single owner/user, home LAN) 2) Absolutely delighted [not!] by ~ twenty-five (25) step 'simple' process required ... ARRGGGGH! 3) Survived hoop-jumping up to "enter credentials for PC access" (or some such $#%#^) 4)...
  9. Returning PC OS from Linux to Windows

Returning PC OS from Linux to Windows: A friend of mine, with even less know how than me, wants to see if she can return her PC from Linux (which she does not like), to Windows OS. The machine had Windows on it previously, though we are not sure which version. I am trying to find some advice for her. As a...
  10. Transfer only the OS (W10) to a different drive

Transfer only the OS (W10) to a different drive: Oh! Good point! My video card sucks...