Windows 10: Need to transfer my Windows 10 license key from a dead hard disk to my Laptop

Discus and support Need to transfer my Windows 10 license key from a dead hard disk to my Laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Since I cannot open my previous machine. what is the way out so that I can transfer my license from my previous desktop to my new laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NiladriBhattacharya1, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Need to transfer my Windows 10 license key from a dead hard disk to my Laptop

Since I cannot open my previous machine. what is the way out so that I can transfer my license from my previous desktop to my new laptop?

:)

NiladriBhattacharya1, Aug 5, 2020
  2. HanqwuDar Win User

Transfer data from the hard disk of a dead laptop

I am trying to retrieve data from the hard disk of my dead laptop (Windows 7) using a external adapter, but the disk doesn't show up in my new laptop (Windows 10). Is it because the disk only shows up in the same OS (Windows 7) or the disk is dead?

Many thanks for any help

HanqwuDar, Aug 5, 2020
  3. How to transfer Windows 10 CoreSingleLanguage product activation key from my dead laptop to my new PC?

I would like to transfer Windows 10 CoreSingleLanguage product activation key from my dead laptop to my new PC. I am not using my laptop anymore and I wiped clean my hard drive, including the OS. Can I transfer it using only my microsoft
    account? Please help, it would really mean a lot.

Seandrabelle, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Need to transfer my Windows 10 license key from a dead hard disk to my Laptop

Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Need to transfer my Windows 10 license key from a dead hard disk to my Laptop

1. Need to transfer my Windows 10 license key from a dead hard disk to my Laptop - Similar Threads - Need transfer license

2. My laptop broke plain dead laptop, how can I transfer my digital license from it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop broke plain dead laptop, how can I transfer my digital license from it?: My laptop broke down last year. I have a digital license of Microsoft Pro there bought from the Microsoft store and am hoping to use that same license on my new machine. Is this possible? I've been searching for a way these past few days and nothing seems to work. I thought...
  3. My laptop broke plain dead laptop, how can I transfer my digital license from it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop broke plain dead laptop, how can I transfer my digital license from it?: My laptop broke down last year. I have a digital license of Microsoft Pro there bought from the Microsoft store and am hoping to use that same license on my new machine. Is this possible? I've been searching for a way these past few days and nothing seems to work. I thought...
  4. Transfer Windows Professional License From Dead Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows Professional License From Dead Laptop: Hi,I had purchased a Windows 10 Professional Upgrade License for my laptop. However, the laptop's motherboard burnt out and the laptop is useless. Can someone please guide me on how I can go about getting the Win Pro Upgrade License transferred to my desktop which is running...
  5. Transfer Windows Professional License From Dead Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows Professional License From Dead Laptop: Hi,I had purchased a Windows 10 Professional Upgrade License for my laptop. However, the laptop's motherboard burnt out and the laptop is useless. Can someone please guide me on how I can go about getting the Win Pro Upgrade License transferred to my desktop which is running...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop: Hello! A laptop I had, using a retail license of Windows 10 Pro, died a while ago and cannot be repaired - the laptop remained at the seller and he sent a replacement unit which is yet to arrive. Is there any way I can migrate the Pro license to a new machine? Thank you for...
  7. transfer the license from a dead computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer the license from a dead computer: I have a windows 7 computer that had my license Mircosoft Office on it . How can I transfer it to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-the-license-from-a-dead-computer/4e07af5e-7cca-448f-b71b-b746d052624d
  8. My external hard disk is dead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My external hard disk is dead: My external hard disk which I use for backups stopped working. The day before its actual death Windows kept bringing up the usual notification about what to do with a newly connected device. Note that I had this external disk continuously connected to my laptop. The next day...
  9. I need to transfer my Windows 10 to another Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need to transfer my Windows 10 to another Hard Disk: Hi, my problem is that I recently damaged my hard drive, I just bought a new one and the question is? Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old hard drive to the new one? my Winows 10 is original I have the license with the key, I would not like to buy a new windows again because...
  10. Transfer license from the dead

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer license from the dead: My laptop died, as in the cylinders were ratting around. Idiot me tossed it before it dawned on me that I might not get full windows 10 on my new laptop. Which turned out to be a Surface - it comes with Windows 10 S (which seems to be a 'we want to protect you from...