Windows 10: need to transfer some favorite website.

Discus and support need to transfer some favorite website. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have 7 "Favorites" listed in Chrome. Is there a way to transfer just these 7 to Internet Explorer? These two are installed on a Dell tablet running... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by milford, Jan 26, 2016.

1. milford Win User

need to transfer some favorite website.

I have 7 "Favorites" listed in Chrome. Is there a way to transfer just these 7 to Internet Explorer? These two are installed on a Dell tablet running Windows 10. I thought it would be easier than going back and forth typing the websites.
    (p.s. not using Edge).

:)

milford, Jan 26, 2016
  2. JLArrigo Win User

Windows 10 favorites

Just installed Windows 10 yesterday, some favorites transferred, others did not. I can see the missing favorites in the folder, and moved them to the favorites folder, but they do not show up on the favorites bar. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JLArrigo, Jan 26, 2016
  3. Move Favorites to new computer using Windows 10

Need to transfer my favorites from old desktop to new desktop both running Windows 10

I have both Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge browsers on old desktop and use both

with favorites. Need to transfer both favorite lists to new desktop.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

FrankFederico, Jan 26, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Walter, *Smile

You could export your bookmarks from Chrome as a .html, then import the .html file into Internet Explorer. However, it will be all your bookmarks from Chrome, but you could delete the ones you don't want afterwards.

Chrome Browser - Import and Export Bookmarks - Windows 7 Help Forums

(OPTION THREE) Internet Explorer - Import and Export Favorites - Windows 7 Help Forums

If you have to many bookmarks in Chrome for that, then you could just create shortcuts of the 7 websites, open the shortcuts with Internet Explorer, then add them as a favorite in Internet Explorer.

Brink, Jan 26, 2016
  5. milford Win User
    Thank you. I think the shortcuts will work for me.

milford, Jan 26, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Walter. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. need to transfer some favorite website. - Similar Threads - need transfer favorite

2. Some websites are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some websites are not working: Hi, i have a problem, 2 days ago i changed back my windwos from 11 to 10 and i can t acces some websites like yahoo mail, and another webistes I tired some things but nothing is working, can someone help me with this?...
  3. Some websites are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some websites are not working: Hi, i have a problem, 2 days ago i changed back my windwos from 11 to 10 and i can t acces some websites like yahoo mail, and another webistes I tired some things but nothing is working, can someone help me with this?...
  4. Some websites are not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Saving websites to Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Saving websites to Favorites: I posted this in Windows 7 but no one responed. Here goes: I thought I knew how to save a new site into favorites by the following procedures: Click on the Star as indicated. The name is automatically entered but it can be changed. Select the folder to save the favorite site....
  6. No sound on some websites

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound on some websites: I'm on Windows 10.0.17763 Build 17763. Some websites (Twitter and Duolingo) do not play sound through my speakers. Actually somehow 50% of the videos on Twitter play sound. Other sites play audio fine, and all other apps play sound fine. This is a cross-browser issue (I've...
  7. Transfer "favorites" to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer "favorites" to new computer: I wish to transfer my "Favorites" from my old computer to my new computer. Both are Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-favorites-to-new-computer/ce4d5055-0808-41c1-b7fb-1b30e5e3c7f9
  8. Some websites not loading

Some websites not loading: I have a customer that is having an issue with some web pages not loading. Yahoo is one of the pages that isn't working and the page I'm using for testing... Windows Server 2012 r2 domain with Windows 10 clients. This issue is with all of their domain joined PC's using IE,...
  9. I need the "hub" in Microsoft Edge to transfer favorites from IE on an old computer. Some...

I need the "hub" in Microsoft Edge to transfer favorites from IE on an old computer. Some...: If there no longer a hub - is there a fix short of reinventing windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-the-hub-in-microsoft-edge-to-transfer/4e8083ad-5e5a-4566-9d0e-26b8a13d1891
  10. Saving a website in Favorites folder

in Browsers and Email
    Saving a website in Favorites folder: Some web sites don't let me save it under "Add to favorites". I get the attached warning. How to solve this problem. I have Windows 7. Thank you. 23805