Windows 10: Need to transfer Windows 10 to a new computer

Discus and support Need to transfer Windows 10 to a new computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am building a new PC and I want to transfer my current copy of Windows 10 onto the new computer. I will be uninstalling Windows on my old PC. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Evanya84, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Evanya84 Win User

Need to transfer Windows 10 to a new computer

I am building a new PC and I want to transfer my current copy of Windows 10 onto the new computer. I will be uninstalling Windows on my old PC. How does this process work?

:)

Evanya84, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 16, 2018
  3. New Compute, Windows 10 (upgrade) Activation Transfer

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

Also see if you can reactivate using chat support:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Need to transfer Windows 10 to a new computer

Andre Da Costa, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Need to transfer Windows 10 to a new computer

1. Need to transfer Windows 10 to a new computer - Similar Threads - Need transfer computer

2. transfer windows 10 to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transfer windows 10 to new computer: I bought a new desktop and easy transfer won't work because I'm using W10 and transferring to W11. What's the best way to move my info? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-to-new-computer/aba63c31-fad7-4f00-a142-79a2e6bfd738
  3. transfer windows 10 to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transfer windows 10 to new computer: I bought a new desktop and easy transfer won't work because I'm using W10 and transferring to W11. What's the best way to move my info? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-to-new-computer/aba63c31-fad7-4f00-a142-79a2e6bfd738
  4. need to transfer my windows 10 to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need to transfer my windows 10 to a new computer: I will be building a new computer in the next few weeks and want to transfer/install my current Windows 10 Pro. This is the free upgrade from Windows 7. I have seen many different videos or answers and they seem to be different. Is this correct: Download the media...
  5. transfer windows 10 license to new computer

transfer windows 10 license to new computer: help transfer windows 10 license to new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-license-to-new-computer/217de9f5-000b-490d-b048-89632d3fa8e4
  6. Transfer windows to new computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer windows to new computer.: Recently my motherboard broke down and the pc wont turn on again. I had windows 10 pro installed and wanted to know if there is a way once i install a new motherboard to clean install windows via the same digital license - if so where can i find the license if the pc wont...
  7. New PC need to transfer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC need to transfer Windows 10: I got my Windows 10 Pro as a student few years ago, I'm pretty sure it was just a full key or license that I attached to my Microsoft account. Now I got a new PC and I want to activate Windows 10 on that but it doesn't work (despite logging in with my digital license MS Acc),...
  8. Transfering windows 10 to new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering windows 10 to new computer: I have a Toshiba Laptop that has a battery that wont charge and the socket for the power supply is very loose. So I don't use that computer anymore. It had Windows 8 originally and I did the free upgrade to Windows 10. But now I have another computer that has Windows 8 ,...
  9. Transferring Windows 10 to a new computer.

Transferring Windows 10 to a new computer.: I recently upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10. I believe that the Windows 7 was an OEM purchase I want to replace the desktop PC with a new PC. As I understand, you cannot transfer a license to a new machine. Can I update the C drive with a new license without...
  10. transfer windows 10 to new computer

transfer windows 10 to new computer: I purchased windows 8.1 and upgrade to windows 10 on an old computer and would like to transfer to a new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/transfer-windows-10-to-new-computer/4049b9f8-80e5-4e7f-afd1-85cbb15f4e88

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Transferingwindow