Windows 10: Need to troubleshoot Sleep not working after midnight Windows Update..

Discus and support Need to troubleshoot Sleep not working after midnight Windows Update.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having my laptop not go to sleep after performing a Windows Update at midnight. In addition, the morning after, I find the laptop running, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 56Kruiser, Jun 27, 2020.

1. 56Kruiser Win User

Need to troubleshoot Sleep not working after midnight Windows Update..

I am having my laptop not go to sleep after performing a Windows Update at midnight. In addition, the morning after, I find the laptop running, but when I open the lid, the screen remains black. I have to do a 'hold the power button' shutdown and reboot.

I have done a bunch of troubleshoot with the help of @zbook, and have not identified any hardware errors. I have come to the opinion that the problem is the laptop not going to sleep after the updates, but I don't know why the freeze at a black screen.

So, opening a new thread on the topic of troubleshoot sleep issues. Zbook recommended I perform:

Here is the screen from running those tests:

Attending report filse attached in a zip. I noticed that two of the commands put the results in the same report (sleepstudy-report), so, maybe the first was overwritten by the second...?

I have to leave now, but will re-run those two and save each file separate and post back.

:)

56Kruiser, Jun 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Need to troubleshoot Sleep not working after midnight Windows Update..

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Need to troubleshoot Sleep not working after midnight Windows Update..

1. Need to troubleshoot Sleep not working after midnight Windows Update.. - Similar Threads - Need troubleshoot Sleep

2. windows update & troubleshoot is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update & troubleshoot is not working: hi its nagaraju, i have an issue in my desktop that i could not able to do windows update its showing error and in system no troubleshoot is working for any option kindly help me to resolve it to mail - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. Windows Update Troubleshooter not working

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update Troubleshooter not working: [ATTACH]Some users have noticed that when they try to use the Windows Update Troubleshooter to fix Windows Update problems, it does not work as intended. If you face this issue, then this post suggests ways to resolve the issue. Running Windows Update Troubleshooter is one of...
  4. Windows Update Troubleshooting not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Troubleshooting not working: For quite some time "Service Host: Network Service" has been using a lot of resources on my computer. I've been looking for quite some time on how to solve this issue until I used the windows update troubleshooter. Every time I use it it says "Problems found" and then "Check...
  5. Windows Update Troubleshooting not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Troubleshooting not working: For quite some time "Service Host: Network Service" has been using a lot of resources on my computer. I've been looking for quite some time on how to solve this issue until I used the windows update troubleshooter. Every time I use it it says "Problems found" and then "Check...
  6. Solved: Need Windows Update Troubleshooter troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Solved: Need Windows Update Troubleshooter troubleshooter: After Windows Update spent around 4 hours detecting updates without progress, I ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter. The Windows Update Troubleshooter has been detecting problems for 16 hours without progress. Does anyone know where to find a troubleshooter for it?...
  7. Need Windows Update Troubleshooter troubleshooter

Need Windows Update Troubleshooter troubleshooter: After Windows Update spent around 4 hours detecting updates without progress, I ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter. The Windows Update Troubleshooter has been detecting problems for 16 hours without progress. Does anyone know where to find a troubleshooter for it?...
  8. PC WONT TURN ON AFTER MIDNIGHT UPDATE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC WONT TURN ON AFTER MIDNIGHT UPDATE: After a whole night update my DESKTOP PC won't turn on. Help please.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-wont-turn-on-after-midnight-update/671c84ee-7073-4336-ab16-b91633bb8d16
  9. Need Windows Update Troubleshooter Troubleshooter

Need Windows Update Troubleshooter Troubleshooter: Windows Update doesn't work. Windows Update Troubleshooter is diligently trying to find out why. For the past TEN HOURS, Windows Update Troubleshooter has been checking for pending restart. [ATTACH]...
  10. No internet after midnight

in Browsers and Email
    No internet after midnight: Lately, my internet connection fails after midnight. The next morning it is OK. This happens on all browsers (Edge, Chrome, Mozilla) and my separate email program. Both on ethernet and wifi connections. Other devices on the router/modem work OK. Control panel settings says my...