Windows 10: Need to un-activate non-genuine Windows license and activate Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Need to un-activate non-genuine Windows license and activate Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, 1. I have a couple of items I need to accomplish. I recently built a new PC and upon building, I had initially used a non-genuine version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JordanTaulton, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Need to un-activate non-genuine Windows license and activate Windows 10 Pro

Hello,

1. I have a couple of items I need to accomplish. I recently built a new PC and upon building, I had initially used a non-genuine version of Windows 10. I've tried to hard reset my PC, use the Media Creation Tool, and other options, but I'm unable to remove this license completely from my PC.

2. I do have a Windows 10 Home version that I wanted to install on this machine, but upon trying to resolve problem #1, I had upgraded that version to Windows 10 Pro. However, it doesn't look like my version actually upgraded even after I received my confirmation email.

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated. I've scoured the web looking for resolutions to the 1st problem, and all have failed.

Thank you

Jordan

:)

JordanTaulton, Jan 29, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Laurijan Win User

Need to un-activate non-genuine Windows license and activate Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Need to un-activate non-genuine Windows license and activate Windows 10 Pro

1. Need to un-activate non-genuine Windows license and activate Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Need activate non

2. Need activation for Genuine Windows 10 product

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need activation for Genuine Windows 10 product: Hi,Need activation help please - who should I contact?I bought a license for windows 10 on the 4th of Oct 2015. I have the order confirmation in my windows account but no serial listed. Activation through Windows 10 fails and trouble shooter does nothing.Can someone please...
  3. Need activation for Genuine Windows 10 product

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need activation for Genuine Windows 10 product: Hi,Need activation help please - who should I contact?I bought a license for windows 10 on the 4th of Oct 2015. I have the order confirmation in my windows account but no serial listed. Activation through Windows 10 fails and trouble shooter does nothing.Can someone please...
  4. Need activation for Genuine Windows 10 product

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home: When I built my PC 4 years ago, I downloaded windows 10 from Microsoft's website but never purchased an activation key. This leaves me without administrator's privileges. I have more $ these days and I want to be legit, so I bought an activation code and entered the product...
  6. Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home: When I built my PC 4 years ago, I downloaded windows 10 from Microsoft's website but never purchased an activation key. This leaves me without administrator's privileges. I have more $ these days and I want to be legit, so I bought an activation code and entered the product...
  7. Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home

8. Buy genuine Window 10 pro but activate for genuine window 10 pro

Buy genuine Window 10 pro but activate for genuine window 10 pro: ****Warning my gramma bad**** I've buy window 10 pro and Microsoft office for 160$ from computer store but today it appear activate window at bottom right on my screen I'm so confuse now I've got scammed?? or my window have bug?? or something [IMG]...
  9. Activating Windows from Non-Genuine Version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows from Non-Genuine Version: Hi, I bought a PC and it didn't come with Windows already activated, I was told to just buy a product key online and activate that way. I wanted to make sure I did the correct thing here, I wanted to buy Windows 10 Home edition. As it is currently a non activated Windows 10...
  10. Activating Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop that had a Non Genuine Copy of Windows

Activating Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop that had a Non Genuine Copy of Windows: Hey Guys, Apologies for the long back story. So I purchased a used laptop from a guy, only to discover a non genuine version of windows 10 PRO on a laptop (Dell Inspiron 5755) that should have originally come with Window 10 HOME. So I quickly buy an OEM version of windows 10...