Windows 10: Need to uninstall certain usb devices and check for hardware changes after every restart.

Discus and support Need to uninstall certain usb devices and check for hardware changes after every restart. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all! Have an issue with some USB devices, most notably my keyboard and Logitech wheel when plugged in, whenever the computer is restarted or shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AidanSCO, Jun 10, 2020.

1. AidanSCO Win User

Need to uninstall certain usb devices and check for hardware changes after every restart.

Hi all!

Have an issue with some USB devices, most notably my keyboard and Logitech wheel when plugged in, whenever the computer is restarted or shut down, the USB devices stop working, as a result I have to go into Device Manager and uninstall the devices not working and then check for hardware changes. As you can guess, I would really prefer if I did not have to do this every time.

Thanks for your help!

Aidan

:)

AidanSCO, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

USB Devices Don't Work Properly After Restart

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and Devices.
    If the issue persist I suggest you to follow method 2.

Method 2: I suggest you to updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 15, 2020
  3. USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Need to uninstall certain usb devices and check for hardware changes after every restart.

USB Device - No Media

Hi Huw,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers

Uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers from device manager follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Search for USB Drivers and expand it.
    • Right click on the USB Drivers and select
      Uninstall
    • Restart the Computer.
    Also install the latest USB drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Need to uninstall certain usb devices and check for hardware changes after every restart.

1. Need to uninstall certain usb devices and check for hardware changes after every restart. - Similar Threads - Need uninstall certain

2. XP that needed reactivating after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XP that needed reactivating after hardware change: Many thanks for the advice BS. Set up computer with all the requested ID and rang the reactivation centre and the robot guided me through getting it reactivated.. Time consuming, but worth the effort. Up and running......
  3. XP that needed reactivating after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XP that needed reactivating after hardware change: Many thanks for the advice BS. Set up computer with all the requested ID and rang the reactivation centre and the robot guided me through getting it reactivated.. Time consuming, but worth the effort. Up and running......
  4. Certain programs are causing device to restart

Certain programs are causing device to restart: I'm completely at a loss and didn't know where else to turn at this point. Starting a few days ago, some software like Ultimaker Cura 5.4.0 and Armorsmith Designer will immediately cause my desktop to blackscreen and restart. None of the settings have been changed that I'm...
  5. Certain programs are causing device to restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain programs are causing device to restart: I'm completely at a loss and didn't know where else to turn at this point. Starting a few days ago, some software like Ultimaker Cura 5.4.0 and Armorsmith Designer will immediately cause my desktop to blackscreen and restart. None of the settings have been changed that I'm...
  6. Uninstalled Device from Device manager not reappearing after Scan for hardware changes.

Uninstalled Device from Device manager not reappearing after Scan for hardware changes.: Hi, recently I encountered a problem with my Wifi connections, I looked into device manager to see that my “IntelR Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz” was not connected Code 45 , so I tried uninstalling it then Scan for hardware changes, but the uninstalled device never reappeared. After...
  7. Uninstalled Device from Device manager not reappearing after Scan for hardware changes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstalled Device from Device manager not reappearing after Scan for hardware changes.: Hi, recently I encountered a problem with my Wifi connections, I looked into device manager to see that my “IntelR Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz” was not connected Code 45 , so I tried uninstalling it then Scan for hardware changes, but the uninstalled device never reappeared. After...
  8. Uninstalled Device from Device manager not reappearing after Scan for hardware changes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Laptop keyboard not working after restart, have to uninstall unknown usb device from device...

Laptop keyboard not working after restart, have to uninstall unknown usb device from device...: The laptop keyboard is not working after restart, I have to uninstall an unknown USB device from the device manager with all the USB ports unplugged. I have to shut down and then start the laptop again to fix the problem each time, then plug back all the USB devices. i had...
  10. Laptop keyboard not working after restart, have to uninstall unknown usb device from device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard not working after restart, have to uninstall unknown usb device from device...: The laptop keyboard is not working after restart, I have to uninstall an unknown USB device from the device manager with all the USB ports unplugged. I have to shut down and then start the laptop again to fix the problem each time, then plug back all the USB devices. i had...