Windows 10: Need to update 1909 to 21h1 with the help of wsus server

Discus and support Need to update 1909 to 21h1 with the help of wsus server in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Need to update windows 10 1909 to windows 10 21h1 with help of wsus server.I already try it many time but it stuck on downloading 0 percent.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PuneetShukla1, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Need to update 1909 to 21h1 with the help of wsus server

Need to update windows 10 1909 to windows 10 21h1 with help of wsus server.I already try it many time but it stuck on downloading 0 percent.

:)

PuneetShukla1, Jun 21, 2021
  2. CraigV75 Win User

WSUS - Servers not reporting in

Hi All,

I am busy with WSUS in a lab running off my laptop. Details are as follows:

1. 1 x Domain Controller running Windows Server 2019
    2. 1 x WSUS Server running Windows Server 2019
    3. 1 x Windows Server 2016 VM

I've installed WSUS on #2 and it's busy downloading updates I have selected. However, try as I might, I cannot get the other 2 servers to report in. Further information:

• All firewalls are disabled;
    • I can ping via name/IP successfully;
    • I can successfully run nslookup;
    • I cannot browse the http://servername:8530 site (in spite of generating the SS;
    • 2 GPOs were created (one for Test, one for PRD) and linked/enabled on the domain;
    • WSUS Service running on the other 2 VMs.

What can I check to ensure that this works? The GPOs are applied, but do I need OUs within AD itself and the servers placed in those, or is leaving them in the default container fine for now? Like I said, it's for test purposes, but I obviously need to get
    it running for further trials/tests I'd like to do.

Thanks!

Craig

CraigV75, Jun 21, 2021
  3. Nzall Win User
    Our WSUS accidentally had Windows Insider updates turned on. How can I remove the 1909 update from my Windows Update screen without installing it?

There was a misconfiguration in my company WSUS and Windows Insider updates were accidentally included (our sysadmin checked the box for all Windows components and apparently Windows Insider was a part of that). I'm the only user with a Windows 10 machine (small shop of half a dozen people), and as such, my Windows Update recommends I install the 1909 feature update. Note that this machine is not enrolled in Windows Insider, has never been enrolled in Windows Insider and is not planned to ever be enrolled in Windows Insider. I'm not the sysadmin. Note that we use our WSUS only as a database of available updates, not to also distribute the updates themselves. We download the Windows updates themselves from the official Microsoft servers.

Our sysadmin has unchecked the Windows Insider box, but I still got that "Evaluation version of Windows Insider component update to version 1909 x64" update in my Windows update list. I've tried hiding the update through that one troubleshooting thing you can download, I've tried restarting the Windows Update service and I've tried deleting my SoftwareDistribution folder, but I can't figure out how to make this update go away. I've clicked the option to pause the updates for 7 days, but I don't know what else to do. I really don't want to accidentally install this update and then end up with an evaluation edition of Windows 10 1909 meant for betatesters.

Nzall, Jun 21, 2021
  4. qubit Win User

Need to update 1909 to 21h1 with the help of wsus server

The WSUS support thread

This thread is for all things WSUS (Windows Server Update Services). Discussion, installation questions, problems all go here.

What is WSUS? It's basically a big file cache for all your Windows/Microsoft updates, so all your updates are only ever downloaded over the internet once. Instead of getting your updates directly from Microsoft whenever you reinstall your operating system, you point Windows to your local WSUS server instead. This makes downloading the multi-gigabytes of updates way faster using your internal network and also saves your internet bandwidth, which is often metered and limited.

Note that it requires Windows Server to run. I recommend running the latest Server 2008 R2 for performance, stability and security, if you can. This is a 64-bit only OS. And yes, the server can update from it's own WSUS server too. *Cool Need to update 1909 to 21h1 with the help of wsus server :cool:

I've got links to a few resources below and I'll be adding more goodness to this post and the next one, as people make useful contributions to this thread.

Some WSUS resources to get you started:

The manual: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd939796(WS.10).aspx

WSUS home: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/default.aspx

WSUS forum: Technet forums - WSUS

WSUS wiki: www.wsuswiki.com

POINTING WINDOWS TO THE WSUS SERVER

Note that this procedure is all you have to do on Vista and 7. XP requires a little extra and the whole update process isn't as transparent or efficient.

- Click the Orb at the bottom left of the desktop aka 'Start' button
    - In the search field enter GPEDIT.MSC
    - In the Local Group Policy Editor (LGPE) console that appears, navigate to: Computer configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update
    - Double click the Specify Intranet Microsoft update service location Group Policy setting. Note that Not Configured is showing in the State column

Need to update 1909 to 21h1 with the help of wsus server WSUSsetup01.png

- The dialog box opens. Note that the Not Configured radio button is selected

Need to update 1909 to 21h1 with the help of wsus server WSUSsetup02.png

- Enter the server details, by clicking the Enabled radio button and entering the same details in both Options fields. The server's name is the standard Windows name. My server is called afterburner *Smile Need to update 1909 to 21h1 with the help of wsus server :)

Need to update 1909 to 21h1 with the help of wsus server WSUSsetup03.png

- Click OK. The main LGPE window now looks like below. Note that Enabled is now showing in the State column.

Need to update 1909 to 21h1 with the help of wsus server WSUSsetup04.png

- Close the LGPE window

- Open the Windows Update window. It should now show You receive updates: Managed by your system administrator

Need to update 1909 to 21h1 with the help of wsus server WSUSsetup05.png

Now, whenever you check for updates, Windows will access your WSUS server instead of looking over the internet to Microsoft's servers.
    If you want to change it back at an time, simply change the Group Policy setting back to Not Configured.

qubit, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

Need to update 1909 to 21h1 with the help of wsus server

1. Need to update 1909 to 21h1 with the help of wsus server - Similar Threads - Need update 1909

2. WSUS Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSUS Server: Hi, I have a WSUS server Windows server 2012 r2.Some of the client windows 10 machines are showing not yet reported status.What is the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsus-server/283df429-9d8c-4efb-8405-d2e1a83a1c1e
  3. WSUS Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSUS Server: Hi, I have a WSUS server Windows server 2012 r2.Some of the client windows 10 machines are showing not yet reported status.What is the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsus-server/283df429-9d8c-4efb-8405-d2e1a83a1c1e
  4. WSUS server issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSUS server issue: In WSUS, we assigned a server to a specific group, and we can see it is in that group; however when I approved the updates to this group, all the other servers can detect the update except this server. But when I log in to the server, it could detect the update which has been...
  5. Updating from 1909 to 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating from 1909 to 21H1: When I try to update to windows 21h2 it gets to about 49% and then fails giving me the blue screen. It says Page fault in non paged area and it was caused by sw2sorna.sys...
  6. update downloaded with WSUS server but not install

in Windows 10 Customization
    update downloaded with WSUS server but not install: Hi I have a problem With WSUS server I approve Updates for Client Clients download updates but not automatic installing them What should I do to get clients to automatically install updates? [ATTACH]...
  7. WSUS Backup Server

WSUS Backup Server: Hi Guys, One of my customer wants Secondary Server for WSUS Server Similar to Secondary ( Backup ) Active Directory in case of Failure. Consider a scenario : There are two WSUS Server on same network One is active and other is Redundant(Cold Spare or Backup). Widows...
  8. Need some clarification about WSUS server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need some clarification about WSUS server: After reading lots of articles I need still clarification about some basic facts: At first: There is a "normal" built-in Windows Updates service available in ALL Win10 versions. Beside this "basic" update mechanism there is a so called "WSUS" service. This is a separate...
  9. Need some clarification about WSUS server

Need some clarification about WSUS server: After reading lots of articles I need still clarification about some basic facts: At first: There is a "normal" built-in Windows Updates service available in ALL Win10 versions. Beside this "basic" update mechanism there is a so called "WSUS" service. This is a separate...
  10. Wsus server consulting

Wsus server consulting: Hello, IT Microsoft expert I have some issue with a new Wsus standalone deployment, below info: Infraestructure: Windows Server 2016 patch last update. WSUS suceed latest Sync Database is completly cleanup Destination computers info Windows 7 Windows 10 LTSB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 21h1 wsus