Windows 10: Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.

Discus and support Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; G'day,I've made and have been using a batch file to back up my files. I was using xcopy, but I added a new folder which contains directories which are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jack Harrington1, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.

G'day,I've made and have been using a batch file to back up my files. I was using xcopy, but I added a new folder which contains directories which are larger than the 254 character limit, so I started using robocopy. The only problem is, robocopy doesn't seem to support copying encrypted files. This new folder happens to be the only encrypted folder which I am backing up.I tried /nodcopy, which seemed to be working but it is important that each file keeps its filename. I also tried /efsraw, but it just threw the same error as if it wasn't there.I cannot copy the folder using file explorer beca

:)

Jack Harrington1, Sep 26, 2022
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.

Private folders encrypted and password protected folders

give it ago just install it im only using it to lock down folders and files at the moment, you can move and copy the Private folders to other pc's you will need it installed on the other pc so you can open it, they work in the same way mounting the folders.

Live OR Die, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.

1. Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files. - Similar Threads - Need robocopy copy

2. robocopy to retain ntfs permission while copying folders/files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    robocopy to retain ntfs permission while copying folders/files: I am trying to copy folders/filder using robocopy from serverA to serverB, I run the following and it wouldnt keep the ntfs permission at the destinationRobocopy E:\"share1" H:\folder1/share2" /E /DCOPY:DAT /Copy:datsou /R:0 /W:0 /V /MT:16 /TEE...
  3. Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-robocopy-only-copy-directories-but-not-files/6dbeb8e7-f139-422a-aafe-19bd292c9297?page=1e-19bd292c9297?page=1I have an additional question on this thread, the consequence still doesn't make sense for me.Regard there...
  4. Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy

Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-robocopy-only-copy-directories-but-not-files/6dbeb8e7-f139-422a-aafe-19bd292c9297?page=1e-19bd292c9297?page=1I have an additional question on this thread, the consequence still doesn't make sense for me.Regard there...
  5. Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy: I have an additional question on this thread, the consequence still doesn't make sense for meRegard there are folder a b c d, inside of each folder, a' b' c' d' folder exists and inside there, there are a" b" c" d" files each.C:\folder\a\a'\a" c:\folder\b\b'\b"...
  6. Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy: I have an additional question on this thread, the consequence still doesn't make sense for meRegard there are folder a b c d, inside of each folder, a' b' c' d' folder exists and inside there, there are a" b" c" d" files each.C:\folder\a\a'\a" c:\folder\b\b'\b"...
  7. Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.: G'day,I've made and have been using a batch file to back up my files. I was using xcopy, but I added a new folder which contains directories which are larger than the 254 character limit, so I started using robocopy. The only problem is, robocopy doesn't seem to support...
  8. Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.

Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.: G'day,I've made and have been using a batch file to back up my files. I was using xcopy, but I added a new folder which contains directories which are larger than the 254 character limit, so I started using robocopy. The only problem is, robocopy doesn't seem to support...
  9. Robocopy not copying newer file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy not copying newer file: I have a file in a OneDrive folder named bernie3_journal.txt. It has today's date which is 10/7. I'm trying to use robocopy to copy the file to my son's OneDrive folder as shown below. The bernie3_journal.txt file in my son's OneDrive folder has a date stamp of 8/5. I've...
  10. How Robocopy copy the folder start with A?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Robocopy copy the folder start with A?: Hi Recently i want to migrate my laptop to my desktop data, and i want to do it batch by batch So it is the below command is the correct command to copy the folder name start with A robocopy C:\Users\xxx\ a*.* /S ?MIR Z:\Users\xxx\ /COPY:DT /DCOPY:T Thank You...