Windows 10: need to Windows interface language

Discus and support need to Windows interface language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi i have a problem with changing the interface language on my laptop. So as i can see from the system my MS license covers only one interface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EkaterinaRu, Oct 30, 2020.

1. need to Windows interface language

Hi

i have a problem with changing the interface language on my laptop. So as i can see from the system my MS license covers only one interface language and currently it is russian. But i need to switch into english. I can change the input language etc but the interface is still in russian. I even uninstalled russian from the lt, but the interface is in russian. What is the solution? I need to sell the laptop to a english speaking person ... Thnx

:)

EkaterinaRu, Oct 30, 2020

2. User Interface Language

Hi Bogdan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Click on the Notification Center from system tray and select
            All settings.

• Next select Time and Language.

• Select Region and language.

• Next click on Add language.

• Select English language from the list and click
            ok.
    Also kindly let us know what is showing under your
    Country and language
    in the Region and language page (step 3)?

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 30, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 30, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

need to Windows interface language

Change system language on a single language licence

Yes it is possible to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language

Click the link below for a step by step on how to do that. That page also lists all the links for the different language packs:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31698742/ho...

DaveM121, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

need to Windows interface language

1. need to Windows interface language - Similar Threads - need interface language

2. Persian language interface pack not installed in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persian language interface pack not installed in Windows 11: Hi DearsI followed this tutorial to install the Persian language interface pack packagePersian keyboard was installed But the language interface pack was not installedMy friends and I , already had this problem by installing Persian language interface pack;which was solved by...
  3. Persian language interface pack not installed in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persian language interface pack not installed in Windows 11: Hi DearsI followed this tutorial to install the Persian language interface pack packagePersian keyboard was installed But the language interface pack was not installedMy friends and I , already had this problem by installing Persian language interface pack;which was solved by...
  4. Change Windows 11 display interface language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Windows 11 display interface language: Hello. I may soon be a laptop that comes with Windows 11 Home, Single Language.However, the language of the country I temporarily work in is not my primary language. Is there any way to change the display interface language not the keyboard language?Do the instructions here...
  5. Change Windows 11 display interface language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Windows 11 display interface language: Hello. I may soon be a laptop that comes with Windows 11 Home, Single Language.However, the language of the country I temporarily work in is not my primary language. Is there any way to change the display interface language not the keyboard language?Do the instructions here...
  6. Language Interface Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language Interface Problem: [ATTACH] I have just clean installed Windows 10 Pro 20H2 and right after installation, I changed the system language to Indonesian. Then, I installed some updates and let the system settle down for a bit. However, after I restarted the PC, the Settings app, Start menu, and...
  7. Language Interface Problem in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language Interface Problem in Windows 10: I have just clean installed Windows 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.685 and right after installation, I changed the system language to Indonesian. Then, I installed some updates and let the system settle down for a bit. However, after I restarted the PC, the Settings app, Start menu,...
  8. How to change Windows interface language

How to change Windows interface language: Hi i have a problem with changing the interface language on my laptop. So as i can see from the system my MS license covers only one interface language and currently it is russian. But i need to switch into english. I can change the input language etc but the interface is...
  9. Can't make english as windows interface language

Can't make english as windows interface language: Ysday i bought notebook with Windows. I have russian language installed by default as windows system language. I also have english and can switch to it freely then writing. I can also add any other language - BUT can't install any of them as windows interface language....
  10. Windows doesn't change the user language interface

Windows doesn't change the user language interface: I would like to fully change the language of my computer to English (US). I have already changed the region, time, keyboard etc.. everything to English (US) and for some reason Spanish (Spain) keeps being the system language. I've tried different solutions but none have...