Windows 10: Need troubleshooting on failed attempt to move the offline file directory Windows\CSC to...

Discus and support Need troubleshooting on failed attempt to move the offline file directory Windows\CSC to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I rebuilt my system drive onto a SSD because my HDD failed. I had been upgraded to 21H1 before the rebuild, but I decided to download a fresh install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Michael Faklis, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Need troubleshooting on failed attempt to move the offline file directory Windows\CSC to...

I rebuilt my system drive onto a SSD because my HDD failed. I had been upgraded to 21H1 before the rebuild, but I decided to download a fresh install media for 21H1 and do a clean install. I decided to keep my offline files on a HDD rather than overuse the SSD, so I moved the CSC directory as per https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/offline-files-in-windows-10/5875ce35-e59f-4294-b96f-0294adceb830 .After following the steps in this post, and after all of the reboots, I go into "Sync Setup" to set up new sync partnerships. I am unable to do so and it sta

:)

Michael Faklis, Jul 23, 2021
  2. adel Win User

Want to move Offline Files Folder (Windows\CSC)

Thank you, but one more help, I followed your steps and it works, but now I want to restore the default sync folder and delete the new folder on D, but I couldn't delete the folder, please help Need troubleshooting on failed attempt to move the offline file directory Windows\CSC to... :)

3. Want to move Offline Files Folder (Windows\CSC)

....the following works in Windows 10

Create a folder for your offline file cache. Something like D:\Offline.
    From an elevated command prompt type the following: Takeown /r /f C:\Windows\CSC.
    Open the Sync Center and go to Manage Offline Files.
    Click Disable Offline Files and restart the machine.
    From an elevated command prompt issue the following commands:

rd /s C:\Windows\CSC
    mklink /J C:\Windows\CSC "D:\Offline"

Reopen the Manage Offline Files window and Enable Offline Files.

Restart the machine.

flesheatingbug, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Need troubleshooting on failed attempt to move the offline file directory Windows\CSC to...

Offline files in Windows 10

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Please follow the below steps to move offline file cache in Windows 10:

• Create a folder for your offline file cache. Something like D:\Offline.
    • From an elevated command prompt type the following: Takeown /r /f C:\Windows\CSC.
    • Open the Sync Center and go to Manage Offline Files.
    • Click Disable Offline Files and restart the machine.

• From an elevated command prompt issue the following commands:

(or whatever your folder name is, but be sure to use the quotes if you have space(s) in the name).

• Reopen the Manage Offline Files window and Enable Offline Files.
    • Restart the machine.
    • All files/folders that are made available offline should now be redirected to whichever folder you specified.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, we will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Need troubleshooting on failed attempt to move the offline file directory Windows\CSC to...

1. Need troubleshooting on failed attempt to move the offline file directory Windows\CSC to... - Similar Threads - Need troubleshooting failed

2. Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...: Using MOVE in a cmd window to rename directories. move "D:/M/FLAC files/066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC] {R}" "066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC]" The directory was renamed and moved to D:/ not renamed in situ. Do I not understand the move command?...
  3. Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...: Using MOVE in a cmd window to rename directories. move "D:/M/FLAC files/066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC] {R}" "066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC]" The directory was renamed and moved to D:/ not renamed in situ. Do I not understand the move command?...
  4. Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to troubleshoot directory problems

in Windows 10 Support
    How to troubleshoot directory problems: On this computer with Windows 1909 I've just downloaded a third version of mediacreationtool20H2. Also on this computer years ago I downloaded an older Windows 10 iso. The older Windows 10 iso I'm able to open and view setup.exe. The new Windows 10 iso I need help in...
  6. Move or rename of a directory on USB drive deletes all files/directories in it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move or rename of a directory on USB drive deletes all files/directories in it.: Window 10 home on a Lenovo IdeaPad: I have a new 2Tbyte USB FLASH drive. On using it as a backup I get Error 80070570 errors. To debug I copied one of the files that had the error to a different directory with no problem. I deleted the original/error directory and renamed...
  7. Moving the Windows.old directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving the Windows.old directory: I have a C partition which is not very large. So when there was a recent windows update and windows created the windows.old directory my space on the C partition got small. So I thought it was a good idea to move the windows.old directory to another partition. This was...
  8. File Explorer Fails Reading DVD Directory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer Fails Reading DVD Directory: Ultimately, I want to copy my DVD files to my computer hard drive. I have encountered a problem trying to read the directory of and copy [VOB] files from a YesVideo DVD. There is no copy protection, it's my 8mm video they translated to DVD format. YesVideo says I am...
  9. MOVED: Cannot Schedule Offline Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MOVED: Cannot Schedule Offline Files: Hi, Whilst trying to set up offline files to work on a schedule, I have been stuck with this error: 'An error occurred displaying sync schedules. Error: 0x80070002 The system cannot find the file specified.' (see attached screenshot) There seems to be very little...
  10. Lost files when moving directory with subdirectories

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost files when moving directory with subdirectories: I have just witnessed the strangest behavior on my windows 10 notebook. It is the second time it has happened. The first time I was sure that I did something but this time I am sure of what I did because I was very careful. For brevity I have substituted logical names. Thank...