Windows 10: Need up to date drivers to open a game

Discus and support Need up to date drivers to open a game in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A game I have recently updated, and when I tried to run that version it said I needed up-to-date drivers. I was on Windows 7 at the time, so I thought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by howchoosename, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Need up to date drivers to open a game

A game I have recently updated, and when I tried to run that version it said I needed up-to-date drivers. I was on Windows 7 at the time, so I thought I might as well update to Windows 10 while I'm at it. Now my computer can't run the current version of the game, saying that my drivers don't support OpenGL. If I try to update my drivers through device manager right clicking graphics card and pressing update , it tells me the best drivers are already installed for my computer. If I can't update my drivers at all, what can I do about this problem?

:)

howchoosename, Jun 18, 2021
  2. Mary Sau Win User

Video card driver crashing when playing games

We suggest that you rollback your driver. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.
    • In the dialog box window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Right click on your video card driver -> Properties ->
      Driver tab
      and select Rollback driver.
    If the issue persists, it could be better to contact the developer of the game.

Regards.

Mary Sau, Jun 18, 2021
  3. Black Screen when opening games

Hi Brendon,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to update the Graphic card driver by following the steps provided below and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

If the issue still persists, then suggest you to check with the game developers if they have released any updates for the game and install the same and check.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 18, 2021
  4. PirateBoy Win User

Need up to date drivers to open a game

Upcoming PC games release dates (US)

I prefer alphabetical myself as some are totally TBA I guess. Don't know, not my list. Could even be sorted into a Genre - Release Date - Alphabetical order. Then again alphabetical is easy enough. Make some suggestions to the OP.

PirateBoy, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

Need up to date drivers to open a game

1. Need up to date drivers to open a game - Similar Threads - Need date drivers

2. Check for drivers are up to date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check for drivers are up to date.: Driver failure to receive or transmit a WIFI signal to printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-for-drivers-are-up-to-date/6eaa8755-e51c-4070-857b-65453bd730be
  3. Check for drivers are up to date.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Check for drivers are up to date.: Driver failure to receive or transmit a WIFI signal to printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-for-drivers-are-up-to-date/6eaa8755-e51c-4070-857b-65453bd730be
  4. Camera driver up dates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera driver up dates: I AM ON WINDOWS 11 PRO JUST WANDERING HOW TO UP DATE CAMERA DRIVERS THIS IS BUILT IN CAM ON MY ASUS THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-driver-up-dates/0e883aa5-8e1e-4077-8729-463b6e2fa7d7
  5. Camera driver up dates

Camera driver up dates: I AM ON WINDOWS 11 PRO JUST WANDERING HOW TO UP DATE CAMERA DRIVERS THIS IS BUILT IN CAM ON MY ASUS THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-driver-up-dates/0e883aa5-8e1e-4077-8729-463b6e2fa7d7
  6. Installing up to date drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing up to date drivers: My documents are no longer attaching to the emails. That just started. What can I do to return to being able to attach documents I saved on my desktop to emails that I'm sending out? I did briefly access a window that explained how to install up-to-date drivers but can't find...
  7. Installing up to date drivers

Installing up to date drivers: My documents are no longer attaching to the emails. That just started. What can I do to return to being able to attach documents I saved on my desktop to emails that I'm sending out? I did briefly access a window that explained how to install up-to-date drivers but can't find...
  8. Installing up to date drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Audio Driver is not up to date

Audio Driver is not up to date: On opening Waves MaxxAudio Pro, a pop up showing audio driver is not up to date. But I've checked on driver, it's popping up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-driver-is-not-up-to-date/ea3d4c8d-f502-42cb-ab4b-f78f19f9a406
  10. Up-to-date driver is broken.

Up-to-date driver is broken.: Hi, I have been trying to fix this problem for several days now and this is one of my last options. I recently got a new computer and it was working fine. Then a game said I had outdated drivers. so, I looked up how to Install drivers for the Nividia GTX 1050 ti. I used the...