Windows 10: Need update bios when changing Intel Processor?

Discus and support Need update bios when changing Intel Processor? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just bought an i7-3770k to replace my old i5-2400 processor. After i install it and turn it on, the makes 4 beeping sound and no display on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by didil83, Jul 18, 2021.

1. didil83 Win User

Need update bios when changing Intel Processor?

I just bought an i7-3770k to replace my old i5-2400 processor. After i install it and turn it on, the makes 4 beeping sound and no display on my monitor. What should i do? Update the bios?

:)

didil83, Jul 18, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Jul 18, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jul 18, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Need update bios when changing Intel Processor? - Similar Threads - Need update bios

2. When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors?: When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors? My older laptop still works well and was expensive when i bought it. Thanks!...
  3. When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors?: When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors? My older laptop still works well and was expensive when i bought it. Thanks!...
  4. When will Windows11 add support for more Intel i7 processors?

When will Windows11 add support for more Intel i7 processors?: I currently have an Intel Core i7-4500U processor in my laptop older, but still works great with Windows10. I purchased this laptop in an attempt to future proof myself; better processor, better chances of upgrading in the future. This does not seem to be the case with the...
  5. Supported Intel Processor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Supported Intel Processor: My system has an I5-7200U Intel processor. System check for Windows 11 shows this processor does not meet requirement. Looking at the supported Intel processors list it shows that the I5-7200U is supported. Is it supported or not. Thanks for the help....
  6. Supported Intel Processor

Supported Intel Processor: My system has an I5-7200U Intel processor. System check for Windows 11 shows this processor does not meet requirement. Looking at the supported Intel processors list it shows that the I5-7200U is supported. Is it supported or not. Thanks for the help....
  7. Processor changing..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Processor changing..: Hi is possible to change the procesor and ram on a asus x540ma intel celeron n4000 4gb ram 1.10 GHz x2 ? Idk if this is the correct category[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/processor-changing/a4e21689-fb94-4601-b286-f0b567e4c04d
  8. Replace AMD Processor with an Intel Processor

Replace AMD Processor with an Intel Processor: I am using an laptop with AMD processor. but I wanted to change the processor only not the laptop. i wanted to add intel Core i5 processor in the place of AMD. But I have heard that AMD cannot be replaced by intel or other processors since the slots are seen to be different....
  9. AMD update STILL appearing for Intel Processors !!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD update STILL appearing for Intel Processors !!!: Today I've finally been updating my version of Windows 10 1703 on my laptop, since its NIC is no longer supported and I had to get a dongle. During the process, however, I noticed an update meant for AMD processors, even though my system uses one from Intel I also have an...
  10. What intel processor generation is this?

What intel processor generation is this?: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3700 @ 1.60GHZ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-intel-processor-generation-is-this/d68262d3-932b-4adc-8949-801f3933ab10