Windows 10: need w-95/98 to run old cds, w-10

Discus and support need w-95/98 to run old cds, w-10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; need 95/98 windows to rum old cds, have w-10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesRice2, Jan 18, 2019.

1. need w-95/98 to run old cds, w-10

need 95/98 windows to rum old cds, have w-10

:)

JamesRice2, Jan 18, 2019
  2. JimWynne Win User

Publisher 98 and Windows 10

The fact that you can get Publisher 98 to run at all in Windows 10 is surprising, and you shouldn't expect a nearly 20-year-old program to run as it did on Windows 95 or 98.

JimWynne, Jan 18, 2019
  3. RMS_123 Win User
    DVD R/W drive only reads data and music CDs and not DVDs

I tried steps 1 through 5 listed in this article

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...is-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-program

The DVD R/W drive is in a Dell XPS 8300 PC and this morning I ran Dell Support Assist.

The built in drive self test passed as well as the CD Rom test. Could not complete the DVD tests because it doesn't recognize that I inserted a DVD.

RMS_123, Jan 18, 2019
  4. need w-95/98 to run old cds, w-10

Publisher 98 Compatibility

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I understand that you want to know if Publisher 98 is compatible with Windows 10 and I’ll help you out.

Since Publisher 98 is a very old program and the chances of that program working with Windows 10 is very thin. Before you run the program in compatibility mode, install the program in compatibility mode and then run the program in compatibility
    mode (Follow the steps ‘run in compatibility’ given below to install the program in compatibility mode.)

Since Publisher 98 is compatible with Windows 95, you can try running Publisher 98 in compatibility mode for Windows 95.

Run in compatibility mode and check.

Follow these steps to run the program in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Right-click on the Publisher 98 file and click on ‘properties’.

b. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
    and select Windows 95 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

c. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if you are able to run the program.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pushyanth K S, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

need w-95/98 to run old cds, w-10

1. need w-95/98 to run old cds, w-10 - Similar Threads - need run old

2. Old Microsoft Plus Themes 95, 95 Kids, 98 and XP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old Microsoft Plus Themes 95, 95 Kids, 98 and XP: Hello there, I'm looking for the old Microsoft plus themes and the default themes too It would be very nice it someone could link the themes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-microsoft-plus-themes-95-95-kids-98-and-xp/f1060046-b0ef-4fc9-8ac8-95d6063313bb
  3. Old MB w/W10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Old MB w/W10?: Hi all :) I have an old ASUS P6T w/an Intel Core i7 from 10 (?) years ago. I would like to install W10 (as opposed to 7). I went to the ASUS site, and looked at the MB, but it makes no mention of OS Does anyone know if I will be able to install and run W10 here? I did a...
  4. Old program runs fine on old hardware Win 98 computer - work w/Win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old program runs fine on old hardware Win 98 computer - work w/Win 10?: So, I have a VERY old legacy program that was written during the late 90's (not by me) and runs just fine on an old Pentium machine I have (running Win98). This program basically plays wav files while it commands an external board via an RS232 port. On a lark, I wondered if...
  5. Old program runs fine on old hardware Win 98 computer - work w/Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Old program runs fine on old hardware Win 98 computer - work w/Win 10?: So, I have a VERY old legacy program that was written during the late 90's (not by me) and runs just fine on an old Pentium machine I have (running Win98). This program basically plays wav files while it commands an external board via an RS232 port. On a lark, I wondered if...
  6. W-10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W-10: Установил и активировал В 10 и теперь сожалею об этом,работает медленно и часто слетает активация,ошибок не находит. У меня достаточно хороший комп. и нет ни желания ни средств из за плохо работающей программы менять его. Весь этот переход на десятку очень похож на...
  7. Upgrade w 7 to W 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade w 7 to W 10: Hello, Cannot upgrade w 7 to w 10 getrs locked to infinite 0 does not move even after severasl hours akso try differently by placing the ESO on the desktop and uploading after, still the same result How can this work normally ? Please hlep Thank you...
  8. Programs for a Windows 95/98

Programs for a Windows 95/98: Is there any way to run a program made for Windows 95/98 on a Windows 10 machine? I have a lot of kids games for a Windows 95/98 computer for my son with autism, but wondered if they could still be played on my Windows 10 computer. Are there any fixes available?...
  9. Need to restore W-10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need to restore W-10: I was in FB, it was freezing up. I asked for help. It said to go to 3 marks in right corner, and to tools, and then to settings, and somehow it looked right, and I had to ask to cleanup things, and I said all old back to beginning, like it said cookies, and more. I thought...
  10. Upgrade to W 10 from W 8 NOT W 8.1

Upgrade to W 10 from W 8 NOT W 8.1: I have a silly problem. I run W 8 on my desktop computer but have never been able to upgrade to W 8.1 as I have never been able to open Windows Store, despite multiple solutions none of which have worked. The only solution of reinstalling W 8 has not appealed! I am happy with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CAN I USE 95/98 CD ON W10