Windows 10: Need Windows 10 Key upgraded from Windows 7

Discus and support Need Windows 10 Key upgraded from Windows 7 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear Team, I had upgraded from Windows-7 to Windows-10 during 2015. Now my HDD is corrupted and I have replaced it with a new one. I have only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChandrashekharBhat, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Need Windows 10 Key upgraded from Windows 7

Dear Team,

I had upgraded from Windows-7 to Windows-10 during 2015. Now my HDD is corrupted and I have replaced it with a new one. I have only Windows-7 original serial number. How to get the new serial number corresponding?

Thanks and Regards

Chandrashekhar

:)

ChandrashekharBhat, Sep 12, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 12, 2020
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Need Windows 10 Key upgraded from Windows 7

windows 10 key

Yea, and with the new release it will upgrade with just the key........Done that with win 7, 8, and 8.1

stinger608, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Need Windows 10 Key upgraded from Windows 7

1. Need Windows 10 Key upgraded from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Need Key upgraded

2. Need a Physical product key for Windows 10 after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need a Physical product key for Windows 10 after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Hello Community,On my personal PC, I was running a genuine Windows 7 and I've recently upgrade it to Windows 10 without any problems Well, some may advise why not to "Windows 11", then it's because my PC is has quite old hardware with limited specs, so it isn't suitable to...
  3. Need a Physical product key for Windows 10 after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need a Physical product key for Windows 10 after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Hello Community,On my personal PC, I was running a genuine Windows 7 and I've recently upgrade it to Windows 10 without any problems Well, some may advise why not to "Windows 11", then it's because my PC is has quite old hardware with limited specs, so it isn't suitable to...
  4. Need a Physical product key for Windows 10 after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 7 upgrade key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 upgrade key: Hello.My Dell Laptop Inspiron 1525 is running on Windows 7 Professional but once I deactivated services using the MSCONFIG my product ID and status showed as unavailable, and there is a stamp on my desktop "Windows 7 Build 7601, This copy of Windows is not genuine... And I...
  6. Windows 7 upgrade key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 upgrade key: Hello.My Dell Laptop Inspiron 1525 is running on Windows 7 Professional but once I deactivated services using the MSCONFIG my product ID and status showed as unavailable, and there is a stamp on my desktop "Windows 7 Build 7601, This copy of Windows is not genuine... And I...
  7. Windows 10 Key from a windows 7 upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Key from a windows 7 upgrade: Hello, I installed windows 10 on my computer using a windows 7 pro key that I had, but I lost the picture of the windows 7 key, my windows 10 is linked to my account actually I have 1 computer and 2 notebooks linked, is there a way to recover this windows 7 key inside...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Product key retrieval

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Product key retrieval: I am trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. This is an old laptop which I'm trying to salvage. Unfortunately the sticker containing the key is gone. Is there anyway to retrieve the product key in a safe manner ? I want to avoid suspicious Third party...
  9. I need advice upgrading to windows 7 from windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need advice upgrading to windows 7 from windows 10: Windows 10 is steaming garbage that's had several blue screens in the first year of owning. My windows 7 PC lasted me 7 years and i dont recall a single blue screen error. Also windows 10 has the most stupid features that they don't make optional. It's ridiculous to force...
  10. Need help upgrading from windows 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help upgrading from windows 7: [ATTACH] So I have an old computer that I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 and everything was going smoothly until it freezes on a percentage with the loading circle not moving at all so in the end i had to force shut down the pc which leads to it undoing the changes and...