Windows 10: Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification

Discus and support Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I need to understand what restrictions apply to an OEM license on a purchased computer. I can see that it is for one computer only and locked to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Punchcard Steve, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification

I need to understand what restrictions apply to an OEM license on a purchased computer.

I can see that it is for one computer only and locked to the motherboard or a computer configuration.

What kinds of changes to the system would or would not invalidate the OEM license?

Can anyone me to a Microsoft site that explains in plain English the OEM restrictions?

Good Health to All

:)

Punchcard Steve, Apr 14, 2020

2. อยากสอบถามเกี่ยวกับ oem license windows 10 pro

เครื่องผมใช้ oem license ผมได้ทำการ clean install ใหม่ทั้งเครื่องลงโปรแกรมใหม่ทุกอย่าง ผมอยากสอบถามว่าผมยังใช้ oem license เดิมได้หรือไม่ครับ

(Windows 10 pro)

KunkarnSingha, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 OEM Licensing

Hi

I have a few questions about windows 10 OEM licensing:

1. Is OEM licensing acceptable for business use?
    2. What restrictions does OEM licensing have other than the transfer rights?
    3. Can the OS be reloaded without breaching the license agreement, and if so, can I also replace the HDD with an SSD?
    4. What other hardware upgrades can be done under OEM licensing?
    5. What would be a breach of OEM licensing?
    6. What benefits would a business get if they move to Microsoft 365 vs OEM?
    Thanks in advace

Adriaan Rautenbach, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Rona DM Win User

Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification

Install and Uninstall OEM Windows 10 Pro license

i have desktop with installed OEM Windows 10 Pro license but i need to un-install it and change the operating system to Linux. But after a week i decided to uninstall the linux and return the previous license which is OEM Windows 10 Pro license, is it possible?

Also, what is the difference of installation and activation on Windows license?

Rona DM, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification

1. Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification - Similar Threads - Need Pro OEM

2. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  3. Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...: Hi there,I wish to know why there is OEM versions of windows in the market for regular person to buy?And how to know for which manufacturer was this version inteded to? Or OEM just means that you can only install it on one computer and it will be bind to it...?...
  4. Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...

Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...: Hi there,I wish to know why there is OEM versions of windows in the market for regular person to buy?And how to know for which manufacturer was this version inteded to? Or OEM just means that you can only install it on one computer and it will be bind to it...?...
  5. Windows Licensing clarification

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Licensing clarification: Hi,Would the be somebody who is able to help out? I am lost with windows licensing. For example, with SKU KV3-00489 can I upgrade Home edition straight to Enterprise edition? Someone said only home > pro > pro > enterprise is allowed.Where could I find information what SKU I...
  6. Windows Licensing clarification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Licensing clarification: Hi,Would the be somebody who is able to help out? I am lost with windows licensing. For example, with SKU KV3-00489 can I upgrade Home edition straight to Enterprise edition? Someone said only home > pro > pro > enterprise is allowed.Where could I find information what SKU I...
  7. Windows Licensing clarification

8. Windows 10 Home to Pro OEM license upgrade?

Windows 10 Home to Pro OEM license upgrade?: Hello there, I want to upgrade my HP laptop from Windows 10 Home OEM license to Pro using retail key but i always get the error windows is not activated even though it is a genuine product key from Microsoft. Thanks in advance for any help....
  9. Install and Uninstall OEM Windows 10 Pro license

Install and Uninstall OEM Windows 10 Pro license: i have desktop with installed OEM Windows 10 Pro license but i need to un-install it and change the operating system to Linux. But after a week i decided to uninstall the linux and return the previous license which is OEM Windows 10 Pro license, is it possible? Also, what...
  10. Windows 10 Pro activatoin clarification

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro activatoin clarification: So, I have been using the insider preview of 10 Enterprise for a while now. Later I learned I can't keep using it after the final release so I decided to downgrade to pro. I installed pro from an ISO and skipped the part that asked for a key after trying several times to use...