Windows 10: Need Windows 10 Product Key after Changing Out Hard Drive

Discus and support Need Windows 10 Product Key after Changing Out Hard Drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Followed website for backup and restore of Windows 10 going from laptop hard drive, which is upgraded Windows 10 from Windows 8. Now Microsoft Account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dollar Bills, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Need Windows 10 Product Key after Changing Out Hard Drive

Followed website for backup and restore of Windows 10 going from laptop hard drive, which is upgraded Windows 10 from Windows 8. Now Microsoft Account message says I need a valid product key. How do I get it?

:)

Dollar Bills, Nov 1, 2019
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

Change of licence key- Windows 10

Hi,

The second option that you've posted is actually the best way of moving a hard disk drive to another device. We'd recommend updating the product key once the hard disk drive of machine 1 is already attached to machine 2. To do this, you can perform the following:

• Search and launch Settings using Cortana.
    • Click on Update & Security.
    • Click on the Activation option.
    • Click on Change product key.
    • Enter machine 2's product key.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts.

We'd recommend performing the steps posted on this
    link
    should the steps posted above don't suffice. The steps are intended for reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change.

In the event that the recommended steps didn't work for you, we'd recommend contacting our support team. To do this, click on this

link

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Jelu Cal, Nov 1, 2019
  3. little cat, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Need Windows 10 Product Key after Changing Out Hard Drive

Get Windows 10 app not responding after changing product key

• Windows 8.1 was with KMS license
    • Reserved free upgrade to Windows 10
    • Bought Windows 8.1 product key and changed product key via PC info app
    • Get Windows 10 app not responding.
    Steps tried

• Uninstall KB 3035583 using wusa /uninstall
    • Restart
    • Reinstall KB 3035583 using Windows Update
    • Restart
    • Click on Get Windows 10 icon, not responding.

Yao BinThen, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Need Windows 10 Product Key after Changing Out Hard Drive

1. Need Windows 10 Product Key after Changing Out Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Need Product Key

2. Reinstall Windows 10 after hard drive failure without product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows 10 after hard drive failure without product key: Hello all,Primary hard drive has failed without warning.I have store-bought version of Windows 10 Pro installed but don’t have installation media or product key at hand.I can log into my Microsoft account and can see the details of the Windows 10 product and corresponding PC...
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 after hard drive failure without product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows 10 after hard drive failure without product key: Hello all,Primary hard drive has failed without warning.I have store-bought version of Windows 10 Pro installed but don’t have installation media or product key at hand.I can log into my Microsoft account and can see the details of the Windows 10 product and corresponding PC...
  4. Reinstall Windows 10 after hard drive failure without product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. No Windows 10 after a hard drive change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Windows 10 after a hard drive change: Good afternoon!I was hoping to get some help with my computer - a Dell model that I bought new with Windows 10 already on it a dew years ago.Last week the hard drive died and I decided to buy a new one and replace it rather than buy a new computer. I managed to do that but...
  6. Windows 10 after hard drive change

Windows 10 after hard drive change: Hi - my dog jumped on me as I watched a movie last night and knocked my laptop off and it stopped working...said could not find hard drive and we could hear hard drive clicking. We had an old laptop from years ago where the power just stopped working, so my husband swapped...
  7. Using my Windows 10 product key on a new hard drive

Using my Windows 10 product key on a new hard drive: I have a PC that was originally upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. I have the original Windows 8 product key and since I was too late in up grading to windows 10, I had to BUY a copy of Windows 10 which I did thru Microsoft. Recently, my hard drive died and I had to...
  8. hard drive crashed. need win 10 pro product key

hard drive crashed. need win 10 pro product key: my hard drive crashed. it had Win 10 Home free upgrade from Win 7, plus I paid $99 for the upgrade to Pro. I bought a new computer with Win 10 home. I need the product key from my purchase of Pro for the new computer...
  9. Windows 10 Product Key needed?

Windows 10 Product Key needed?: Windows 10 Product Key needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-product-key-needed/57b78dd6-f111-4e9c-af00-d22ecf452676"
  10. Have to replace hard drive will I need the product key to reinstall

Have to replace hard drive will I need the product key to reinstall: I had my computer for 3 years now and the hard drive went bad I don't have the product key will I need to buy one or is there some way of recovering it.Found out the hard drive went bad after I was doing a factory reset and it said it encountered a error and it never worked...