Windows 10: Needed: CMD to extract files from 'Winre.wim' using DISM?

Discus and support Needed: CMD to extract files from 'Winre.wim' using DISM? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sorry to ask such a basic question. I want to extract *.* from Winre.wim into CWD. I've used DISM to extract .NET3.5 into a running system, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkFilipak.Windows, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Needed: CMD to extract files from 'Winre.wim' using DISM?

Sorry to ask such a basic question.

I want to extract *.* from Winre.wim into CWD.

I've used DISM to extract .NET3.5 into a running system, but I don't want to change the system, so I'm unsure what the DISM arguments are. Also, I have some DISM documentation from Microsoft, but it's incomplete and I lost the URL to the rest... of course, the part I'm missing is Extraction.

I've searched but I get buried in hits regarding backing up and RESTOREHEALTH (of course).

I hope the wizards here who use DISM every day will help.

Warm Regards,

Mark.

:)

MarkFilipak.Windows, Oct 15, 2018
  2. johnspack Win User

Compacting a wim file?

Actually it turns out the answer is the dism that comes with Win8. Using the new Export-Image command, and a simple batch file, was able to compress my AIO wim by several hundred mbs.

johnspack, Oct 15, 2018
  3. johnspack Win User
    Compacting a wim file?

Sorry, no idea where to put this. I just recently learned how to use dism. I use it to slipstream all hotfixes and ie10 ect into an AIO install disc. The problem is, it creates a huge install.wim after 8 index mounts and slipstreams. Considering all 8 images use the same darn wim and files, don't know why it has to increase the wim size by 1gig. Either I need to figure out how to use the same wim.install file for all indexes, or I need to compact the wim file which is now 4gbs with ie10 and all updates to April. Any way to do either?

johnspack, Oct 15, 2018
  4. RejZoR Win User

Needed: CMD to extract files from 'Winre.wim' using DISM?

How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Needed: CMD to extract files from 'Winre.wim' using DISM?

1. Needed: CMD to extract files from 'Winre.wim' using DISM? - Similar Threads - Needed CMD extract

2. How to mount wim file with DISM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to mount wim file with DISM?: I am trying to mount a wim file to customize the windows 11 installation. I downloaded the Windows 11 Media creation tool and created a usb key with it. I noticed the usb key had 2 swm files. I don't know if you can mount 2 swm files. I would prefer to mount 2 swm files...
  3. How to mount wim file with DISM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to mount wim file with DISM?: I am trying to mount a wim file to customize the windows 11 installation. I downloaded the Windows 11 Media creation tool and created a usb key with it. I noticed the usb key had 2 swm files. I don't know if you can mount 2 swm files. I would prefer to mount 2 swm files...
  4. Data WIM using DISM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data WIM using DISM: Dear Support Team,Can anyone guide me how to add Data Wim in Answer file using Windows System Image Manager Windows 10 with real life example. I was able to create Data Wim using DISM but got stuck at further steps....
  5. Data WIM using DISM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data WIM using DISM: Dear Support Team,Can anyone guide me how to add Data Wim in Answer file using Windows System Image Manager Windows 10 with real life example. I was able to create Data Wim using DISM but got stuck at further steps....
  6. Data WIM using DISM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Extracting specific SKU using Dism

in Windows 10 Support
    Extracting specific SKU using Dism: I have a batch file that will extract a specific SKU from an installation iso if you enter the index number using Dism. What I would really like to do is extract SKU based on SKU name rather than index number as the isos can contain differing numbers of SKUs depending on iso...
  8. Opening msconfig using CMD in WinRE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening msconfig using CMD in WinRE: Hi. I was tweaking the msconfig on my old laptop and after clicked on Ok and restart, i could notsign back in with no options to switch the account as well. I figured that this is an issue with Windows 10 and i need to change the msconfig back to default but i could not...
  9. Extract a .WIM from an .ESD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extract a .WIM from an .ESD?: Hi guys, I'm trying to make a 10 Pro 10586 image with MDT 2013 Update 1 and I cannot use the ISO I got from the Media Creation Tool. I realized this is because the ISO now uses a install.esd instead of install.wim; I read that it is possible to extract the .wim from a ESD...
  10. Convert ESD file to WIM using DISM in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Convert ESD file to WIM using DISM in Windows 10: How to: Convert ESD file to WIM using DISM in Windows 10 [img] Information Servicing an offline image, mounting an image, committing changes, it all sounds a bit complicated to an average Windows user. However, it's just geek speak meaning modifying default Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism extract wim

2. extract winre.wim

3. windows10 winre.wim iso extract

4. dism extract drivers cmd,
  5. extract winre.wim from install.wim,
  6. how to extract winre.wim windows 10,
  7. extract wim file dism,
  8. how to run winre.wim in windows 10,
  9. how to extract install.wim from iso using DISM,
  10. dism extracting wim files,
  11. command extract file from wim,