Windows 10: needhelp to retrieve my windows 10 key

Discus and support needhelp to retrieve my windows 10 key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In 2012 I brought a HP pavilion laptop from Harvey Norman with window on it and later updated it to windows 10. my hard drive has now died and I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nevillehughes1, Dec 19, 2018.

1. needhelp to retrieve my windows 10 key

In 2012 I brought a HP pavilion laptop from Harvey Norman with window on it and later updated it to windows 10. my hard drive has now died and I need to get a new hard drive and then reinstall windows 10. However when I purchased it windows was already installed and I don't have the key. How do I obtain the key so I don't have to buy another windows 10 program.

:)

nevillehughes1, Dec 19, 2018

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

needhelp to retrieve my windows 10 key

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

needhelp to retrieve my windows 10 key

1. needhelp to retrieve my windows 10 key - Similar Threads - needhelp retrieve key

2. Can I retrieve all my Windows 10 keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I retrieve all my Windows 10 keys: I have 4 Windows 10 licenses, upgraded from earlier versions, 3 are not in use at the moment on a PC or HDD. Can I retrieve the license keys and the type of OS - 32 or 64-bit? Thanks...
  3. Can I retrieve all my Windows 10 keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I retrieve all my Windows 10 keys: I have 4 Windows 10 licenses, upgraded from earlier versions, 3 are not in use at the moment on a PC or HDD. Can I retrieve the license keys and the type of OS - 32 or 64-bit? Thanks...
  4. NeedHelp WIth PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NeedHelp WIth PowerShell: hi I made a powershell script and i wanna make the name like this GOD MODE examplebut i don't know how is there's any site doing this font that powershell supports :...
  5. NeedHelp WIth PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NeedHelp WIth PowerShell: hi I made a powershell script and i wanna make the name like this GOD MODE examplebut i don't know how is there's any site doing this font that powershell supports :...
  6. Windows Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key Retrieval: Hi friends,Recently I had to reinstall windows due to lost password, but the service person seems to have installed windows with a different windows key.I could not activate windows because of this.I'm trying to retrieve my original product key.Pls help....
  7. Windows Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Key Retrieval: Hi friends,Recently I had to reinstall windows due to lost password, but the service person seems to have installed windows with a different windows key.I could not activate windows because of this.I'm trying to retrieve my original product key.Pls help....
  8. Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key Retrieval: Morning all, I'm trying to move all my software to another laptop, but I can't get the key back. I am trying to gain access to my Microsoft account, but I can't. Where will I find a licence for my office? Thanks in advance...
  9. Retrieve a key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrieve a key: Hi , i want to retrieve a key for my colleague , key ID : F42AE48F Drive Label : MD1W0PXC SYSTEM 2019/02/06 . Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-a-key/6db87c6c-3fe6-462f-9dd2-a391f261d376
  10. Retrieving key code for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrieving key code for windows 10: Hi! Is there anyway I can find my key code for office? I need to replace a hard drive & will need to reistall this. Can you research it by my name, Or email or anything?! Thank you!...