Windows 10: Needing a password to enter f12 setup

Discus and support Needing a password to enter f12 setup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! A couple of months ago my computer automatically did a Windows 10 update, something happened, it never updated and now is on a continual loop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeeCeeNZ, Aug 8, 2019.

1. DeeCeeNZ Win User

Needing a password to enter f12 setup

Hi! A couple of months ago my computer automatically did a Windows 10 update, something happened, it never updated and now is on a continual loop trying to restart to a previous version. When I press f12, I am asked for a password. I don't have one! I can't get into setup at all to try and do a restore. Does anyone have any idea of where is get this elusive password from? Please and thank you!!!

:)

DeeCeeNZ, Aug 8, 2019

2. Disable F12 Developer Tools

F12 Developer tools has made my internet browser (all) unusable. Entering data is one key at a time interspersed with closing the DT. I have the Home Edition of Windows 10 and have all the updates, tried opening IE, going to gears and F12 DT is listed
    but there is no way to UNCHECK it as was suggested in an earlier blog. Please tell me how to get rid of the F12 Developer tools or at least disable. I am writing this on my MAC because the F12 DT kept popping up when I tried to input this on my Windows 10
    desktop. HELP

DarleneAlexander_994, Aug 8, 2019
  3. rlforbes Win User
    Cortana Setup Failure

I open Microsoft Edge and am presented with the opportunity to setup. I proceed to step 2 which is Cortana. I sign in with my Microsoft ID and password and am presented with a request for another password (supposedly an old password). If the screen doesn't
    lock up, I enter my password again and am told that it isn't any good. So ----- I am unable to setup Cortana or proceed beyond that step.

Any suggestions?

rlforbes, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Entering Password to login to computer after turning it on. Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Open settings

• Click on Users and account

• Open Sign-in options and tap the
      Change button under Password.

• Enter the current password and click Next.

• There you can remove the pin password

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Needing a password to enter f12 setup - Similar Threads - Needing password enter

2. Need to enter password on Startup or restart [Solution]

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need to enter password on Startup or restart [Solution]: After changing my MS Pasword: On PC start up or rebboot "two" accounts show in the same My name and I need to select one and always enter the password to get to my desktop. This is in spite of my system set-up in netplwiz with NO NEED TO ENTER PASSWORD! Box...
  3. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to enter password on Startup or restart: After changing my MS Pasword: On PC start up or rebboot "two" accounts show in the same My name and I need to select one and always enter the password to get to my desktop. This is in spite of my system set-up in netplwiz with NO NEED TO ENTER PASSWORD! Box...
  4. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to enter password on Startup or restart: After changing my MS Pasword: On PC start up or rebboot "two" accounts show in the same My name and I need to select one and always enter the password to get to my desktop. This is in spite of my system set-up in netplwiz with NO NEED TO ENTER PASSWORD! Box...
  5. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Enter Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enter Password: Hi,my laptop shows this command after a long time I never changed the password. I have tried various ways and have entered my account password but still can't. I've tried it while connecting with internet via LAN.Thankyou...
  7. Do you need a password to enter windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do you need a password to enter windows 10: I currently have Windows 10 and it appears to require a password for each user. I would prefer to have a "guest user" that does not have administrator rights but not require a password. Today I should receive my new computer loaded with Windows 10 Pro. Will password...
  8. password to enter

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password to enter: Old password will not work and allow me to login at startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-to-enter/2a701d3b-e461-4447-aacd-80d95851da0a"
  9. No CMOS Setup with F2 no boot select with F12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No CMOS Setup with F2 no boot select with F12: Hello first thank you, this is an odd problem, with no real place to be put. I have chosen BSOD because, I think it will have the best chance for success. I have a GT70 2PE(Dominator Pro Dragon)-1885US, MSI I7 Gaming Laptop with a GTX880 Using a dual boot with Linux I...
  10. Is it possible to remove both the need to enter a password AND pin?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to remove both the need to enter a password AND pin?: Hello, My brother and I share the same computer with separate accounts. When we switch accounts, Windows asks us for our Pin or Password. Is it possible to remove this requirement completely? What I'd like to do is click on my name and my desktop just appears without the...