Windows 10: Needing clarity, regarding MediaCreationTool21H1, trying to understand choices given

Discus and support Needing clarity, regarding MediaCreationTool21H1, trying to understand choices given in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; With things changing so quickly it is hard to tell how old or not info given is regarding this tool or reinstalling windows. What I have read regarding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mpager5, Sep 6, 2021.

1. mpager5 Win User

Needing clarity, regarding MediaCreationTool21H1, trying to understand choices given

With things changing so quickly it is hard to tell how old or not info given is regarding this tool or reinstalling windows. What I have read regarding the use of 'MediaCreationTool21H1' is this; that once I run it I will have 2 choices:-1- Upgrade this PC now-2- Create installation media....for another PC.The 1st choice suggests that I have for example Windows 8.1 and want to upgrade to Win10. If so, then this is not what I want to do since my OS is Windows 10 Pro from purchase. The 2nd choice, Create media for another PC is also wrong since it is not for another PC but for this same one. Am

:)

mpager5, Sep 6, 2021
  2. Dan848 Win User

system suddenly power downs.. seems overheating issue while playing game.

I apologize, that did sound crass. Some suggestions were clear while some contradicted suggestions by others, this in all probability made it difficult for the OP to make proper decisions.

I try to make suggestions clear, simple and easy to understand, without too much information at one time, this tends to help people with computer problems think through each step, which has already happened regarding my first post [to the OP], he is already questioning a piece of software.

Edited for clarity

Dan848, Sep 6, 2021
  3. DemiGod Win User
    Need Advice on PC Parts

Ah gotcha.

Btw, did you see this air-cooler listing? They listed my Fenrir choice as #3 and you suggested the xiggy which didn't even make the list. What were your reasons behind this cooler?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, i'm just curious.

DemiGod, Sep 6, 2021
  4. Needing clarity, regarding MediaCreationTool21H1, trying to understand choices given

Windows 10 does not remember "How do you want to open this file" choices

Hi,

I suggest you to try the following steps, and check if it works for you.

• In the desktop search, type Default app settings.
    • Under Web browser, select the default browser you want.
    Do let us know if you need any assistance regarding Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Pratiksha Devadiga, Sep 6, 2021
Thema:

Needing clarity, regarding MediaCreationTool21H1, trying to understand choices given

1. Needing clarity, regarding MediaCreationTool21H1, trying to understand choices given - Similar Threads - Needing clarity regarding

2. Needing clarity, regarding MediaCreationTool21H1, trying to understand choices given

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Needing clarity, regarding MediaCreationTool21H1, trying to understand choices given: With things changing so quickly it is hard to tell how old or not info given is regarding this tool or reinstalling windows. What I have read regarding the use of 'MediaCreationTool21H1' is this; that once I run it I will have 2 choices:-1- Upgrade this PC now-2- Create...
  3. Trying to understand syncing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trying to understand syncing: I did a fresh Window install for "friend" - The moment I signed into Windows with his Microsoft account, the desktop populated but he claims that it did not look like his old desktop from his old PC before the HD crashed and that it look more like his wife's PC. I looked at...
  4. Trying to understand synching

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to understand synching: I did a fresh Window install for "friend" - The moment I signed into Windows with his Microsoft account, the desktop populated but he claims that it did not look like his old desktop from his old PC before the HD crashed and that it look more like his wife's PC. I looked at...
  5. Regarding a laptop choice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding a laptop choice: Hi guys!! These days i am learning to be a physicist with some software engineering, so i am looking for an laptop. there are two laptops in my mind. one is HP spectre x360 with i7 10750H and 1650ti max q graphics. the other is the HP envy 2020 with i7 10750H and max Q...
  6. VPN Choice & is it needed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN Choice & is it needed: I recently got an offer from Lastpass to try ExpressVPN free for a month, so I signed up. I researched it & at least some websites recommend it as a top VPN. I was impressed with their support because it took me an hour to set up a dialer on my WinXP machine. 1. My first...
  7. Trying to understand authorities/permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to understand authorities/permissions: Hello - I've been viewing authorities/permissions as hierarchical with each successive level incorporating everything from the previous level and adding to it per this pic: [img] Today I encountered an anomaly which conflicts with that view whilst unsuccessfully attempting...
  8. windows 10 pro iso not given 32/64 bit choice

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro iso not given 32/64 bit choice: Problem resolution division, Purchased windows 10 pro from I.S. on 12/31/'19. The digital download provided an iso file. The iso file did not provide me an option of 32 or 64 bit. It just proceeded to install as the 64 bit version which is useless to me. The 64 bit...
  9. Printing Clarity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printing Clarity: I have recently purchased an HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer to replace a 6968 printer that no longer worked. The pictures on the new printer are not as clear as when they were printed on the 6968. The cartridge number is the same and are only a week old. I would appreciate...
  10. need some clarity.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need some clarity.: I'm interested in downloading WinRar or Universal Extract, but get that "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC"?, which is making me hesitate! Exactly WHAT changes to my computer will this download make?? Not a real tech-savvy guy so any guidance is...