Windows 10: Needing Help Changing Folder Icons For 3D Object and Other Folders

Discus and support Needing Help Changing Folder Icons For 3D Object and Other Folders in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home Version 1909 I completely removed the "Navigation Pane" and now I would like to change the icons with the yellow folders behind them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dawn121988, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Needing Help Changing Folder Icons For 3D Object and Other Folders

Windows 10 Home Version 1909

I completely removed the "Navigation Pane" and now I would like to change the icons with the yellow folders behind them. I don't know if this is a weird question or not but is it (2) different icons or (1). Is it the main "3D Objects" icon in front of a "yellow Folder" icon. Or is it just (1) icon on its own.

Plus since I don't use "Navigation Pane" right now I am not worried about changing those icons. So I just want to change these icons for now.

Plus if I change those icons will that also change the icons that are currently listed in "Quick Access" under "frequent Folders". Or would I just need to remove them from there and then reopen them for it to take affect.

Needing Help Changing Folder Icons For 3D Object and Other Folders [​IMG]

I want to change these and only have icons not icons in-front of folders.

>Edit: Plus I want to use my own icons for each thing as well.<

:)

Dawn121988, Mar 2, 2020
  2. spunk Win User

3D Objects Icon used for moved User folder

Similar to this issue: 3D objects in Users folder have no location tab - Windows 10 Forums

I have successfully moved the User files (ie) C:\Users\[UserName] to a data drive D:\User by using the Location tab on each individual folder (ie) Pictures, Music etc I then right clicked the D:\User folder itself and chose Customize to choose an icon for it. I reluctantly chose the 3D Objects icon. the User folder took on the 3D Objects icon. All was good, but after a reboot, the User folder changed names to 3D Objects. I have renamed 3D Objects back to User, and changed the icon to something different. The name change and Icon sticks in the root of D:\ but the icon in the Quick Access list is still 3D Objects, but not the User folder name, which is still User, the new icon shows in D:\ After a reboot or 2 the icon and the folder name changes to 3D Objects again. And I have to rename it again and choose a different Icon. Is there a way to stop this?

spunk, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Needing Help Changing Folder Icons For 3D Object and Other Folders

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Needing Help Changing Folder Icons For 3D Object and Other Folders

1. Needing Help Changing Folder Icons For 3D Object and Other Folders - Similar Threads - Needing Help Changing

2. Windows 3d objects Folder appears on desktop without touching the folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 3d objects Folder appears on desktop without touching the folder: So judging by the title you can guess that this is pretty self explanatory The 3d objects folder Appeared on my desktop despite the fact i never touched it And i know the file is built into windows, but why did it appear as one of the desktop icons Out of nowhere, and if...
  3. DaveM121 please help! Merged 3D Objects and user profile folder while moving 3D Objects to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DaveM121 please help! Merged 3D Objects and user profile folder while moving 3D Objects to...: Hi everyone, hopefully hi DaveM121, I have a similiar problem you have already solved for user MaxT2593: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/help-merged-3d-objects-and-user-profile-while/186a026c-49a0-4b58-a49a-07ff09025cec I also merged...
  4. 3D Objects Icon Change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    3D Objects Icon Change: How do I change the icon from the folder "3D Objects". I tried changing it on Properties and on desktop.ini but the icon still didn't change when i opened "This PC". I'll leave the images in the comments. submitted by /u/Akapohi [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 3D Objects Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 3D Objects Folder: A while back I modified the "3D Objects" folder under "This PC" to point to and be renamed as a folder in C:\ called "01 My Docs." Then some updates were applied to the PC and the name reverted back to "3D Objects." However, it appeared that the location was still applied;...
  6. 3D Objects Icon used for moved User folder

in Windows 10 Support
    3D Objects Icon used for moved User folder: Similar to this issue: 3D objects in Users folder have no location tab - Windows 10 Forums I have successfully moved the User files (ie) C:\Users\[UserName] to a data drive D:\User by using the Location tab on each individual folder (ie) Pictures, Music etc I then right...
  7. 3D objects in Users folder have no location tab

in Windows 10 Support
    3D objects in Users folder have no location tab: I've created folders on an H: partition (on another HDD) and "moved" where most of my User data will reside, but 3 remain. 3D Objects is still in Users on C: but has no location tab, so I can't point it anywhere. Favorites folder has no location tab and after attempting to...
  8. Tried moving User objects, now 3D Objects shows as a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried moving User objects, now 3D Objects shows as a folder: Want to move my User settings to another partition but non-tenforums steps are wrong. Now my 3D Objects appears as a folder 'Dave', in my User folder alongside Pictures, etc. (I moved it back there.) I've read the tutorials on this site and will follow. But how do I make my...
  9. Change or Restore 3D Objects Folder Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change or Restore 3D Objects Folder Icon in Windows 10: How to: Change or Restore 3D Objects Folder Icon in Windows 10 How to Change or Restore 3D Objects Folder Icon in Windows 10 The 3D Objects folder was added to This PC in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. This folder is used by apps like Paint 3D and Mixed Reality...
  10. remove 3d objects from users folder

in Windows 10 Support
    remove 3d objects from users folder: Hi brink .how do I remove 3d objects from users folder [img] 97807