Windows 10: Needing help fixing my file explorer area?

Discus and support Needing help fixing my file explorer area? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay here's what I did I removed the stuff that used to show because it was getting confusing. When I used to open file explorer it used to show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by renee1219, Jan 17, 2017.

1. renee1219 Win User

Needing help fixing my file explorer area?

Okay here's what I did I removed the stuff that used to show because it was getting confusing. When I used to open file explorer it used to show everything from things I opened to things I had downloaded. I hated it so I completely removed it. Because I didn't know how to make it show just specific files types.

For example if I had downloaded something while watching a video file and wanted to know the last video file I had opened there would be a mess of different things in there and sometimes the file would no longer be in the list.

Is there a way to bring back the part where it shows the files by type and not everything. I would like it to only sow things I opened like mp4 files or flv files. Not things I have downloaded. And another reason why I want to to show only them files is because the vlc media player normally plays the video from where I left off if I open the correct one first.

I think it had to do with the quick access. And the way I tinkered with it. It currently only shows 3 folders but not the files. Of recently opened ones. Just 3 folders that I have added. How do I make it show specific file types if I can at all.

I know this question is kind of out there but I have been trying to fix this issue for a week or two now.

:)

renee1219, Jan 17, 2017

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jan 17, 2017
  3. Ralf_G Win User
    File Explorer help needed!

Just in case you are still suffering with this problem, the two pages at the links below both explain the method to get rid of the duplicate drive entries. The tenforums link also provides .reg files to automate removing or restoring the registry keys which
    cause the problem.

[Fix] Drives Appearing Twice in Navigation Pane of Windows 10 Explorer "This PC" - AskVG

Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Ralf_G, Jan 17, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

VLC lets you see a history of files and lets you play them can't you use that?

Samuria, Jan 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Needing help fixing my file explorer area? - Similar Threads - Needing help fixing

2. Need help in fixing disk layout

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help in fixing disk layout: Hello, I had some trouble with my Windows 10 installation, and I need some help in fully restoring it. Due to a malware infection my W10 installation became unusable, and I had to reinstall Windows; but not before I attempting to recover by using backups. To make a long...
  3. File Explorer problem and "fix"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer problem and "fix": This isn't a question but a mysterious solution. I couldn't find a thread about this that wasn't already closed, so I'll enter it here for whatever it's worth. I discovered today that File Explorer wouldn't open if clicking on the icon in the Taskbar but would if clicking...
  4. need fix File Explorer windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need fix File Explorer windows 10 1903: The address box in file explorer is opening and closing at a quick rate and nothing responds in file explorer. In Edge the address box comes down and stays down. This was a come and go thing but is now most of the time. It also does this in anything explorer related. But when...
  5. Need help with my HideDropbox.bat file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with my HideDropbox.bat file: Hello, I'm getting rather annoyed by the UAC thing popping up on startup every time my HideDropbox.bat file runs and was hoping someone could help me remake it into one that automatically authorises UAC to it. I remember it being possible because someone once did it a...
  6. Add file explorer to start button area?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add file explorer to start button area?: By that I mean here: [img] I want to pin/add File Explorer to that as well. 77191
  7. need help fixing corrupt manifest from a cbs.log file

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    need help fixing corrupt manifest from a cbs.log file: Hi I did SFCFIX and it said that your manifest is corrupt. the SFCFIX log is attached. I'm also linking the CBS.log CBS.log - Google Drive 58169
  8. Need help to fix these drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help to fix these drivers: Hi guys, I have lenovo T400 laptop and I am using windows 10 pro on it and I want to know which drivers are missing on my laptop. [img] Regards. 57369
  9. File Explorer Help?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Help?: I can't find any setting or info on the internet as to why one of my drives is not showing on the left hand side of the File Explorer window.... Things to note: the drive in question is a software raid, syncing is done Anyone have any ideas? 40680
  10. Need help fixing system files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need help fixing system files: Hoping someone can help me. My ASUS laptop with Windows 10 Home will not update to the Anniversary Update ver. 1607. I tried running the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) but received an error message saying SFC could not fix the...