Windows 10: Needing help fixing my file explorer area?

Discus and support Needing help fixing my file explorer area? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay here's what I did I removed the stuff that used to show because it was getting confusing. When I used to open file explorer it used to show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by renee1219, Jan 17, 2017.

1. renee1219 Win User

Needing help fixing my file explorer area?

Okay here's what I did I removed the stuff that used to show because it was getting confusing. When I used to open file explorer it used to show everything from things I opened to things I had downloaded. I hated it so I completely removed it. Because I didn't know how to make it show just specific files types.

For example if I had downloaded something while watching a video file and wanted to know the last video file I had opened there would be a mess of different things in there and sometimes the file would no longer be in the list.

Is there a way to bring back the part where it shows the files by type and not everything. I would like it to only sow things I opened like mp4 files or flv files. Not things I have downloaded. And another reason why I want to to show only them files is because the vlc media player normally plays the video from where I left off if I open the correct one first.

I think it had to do with the quick access. And the way I tinkered with it. It currently only shows 3 folders but not the files. Of recently opened ones. Just 3 folders that I have added. How do I make it show specific file types if I can at all.

I know this question is kind of out there but I have been trying to fix this issue for a week or two now.

:)

renee1219, Jan 17, 2017

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jan 17, 2017
  3. Ralf_G Win User
    File Explorer help needed!

Just in case you are still suffering with this problem, the two pages at the links below both explain the method to get rid of the duplicate drive entries. The tenforums link also provides .reg files to automate removing or restoring the registry keys which
    cause the problem.

[Fix] Drives Appearing Twice in Navigation Pane of Windows 10 Explorer "This PC" - AskVG

Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Ralf_G, Jan 17, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

VLC lets you see a history of files and lets you play them can't you use that?

Samuria, Jan 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Needing help fixing my file explorer area? - Similar Threads - Needing help fixing

2. Need help Fixing File Explorer crashes that are linked to kernelbase.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help Fixing File Explorer crashes that are linked to kernelbase.dll: I have been running into crashes when I right click or even sometimes left click files in file explorer. The event viewer says they are related to Kernelbase.dll. I have run SFC and DISM and they have not fixed the issue. I have updated windows, no change. Faulting...
  3. Need help Fixing File Explorer crashes that are linked to kernelbase.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help Fixing File Explorer crashes that are linked to kernelbase.dll: I have been running into crashes when I right click or even sometimes left click files in file explorer. The event viewer says they are related to Kernelbase.dll. I have run SFC and DISM and they have not fixed the issue. I have updated windows, no change. Faulting...
  4. Need help Fixing File Explorer crashes that are linked to kernelbase.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. i need help with my file explorer on my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help with my file explorer on my taskbar: My File explorer is pinned to my taskbar and when I try to open it I get this error it opens fine on my start menu and desktop but not the taskbarHere is the error...
  6. i need help with my file explorer on my taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help with my file explorer on my taskbar: My File explorer is pinned to my taskbar and when I try to open it I get this error it opens fine on my start menu and desktop but not the taskbarHere is the error...
  7. i need help with my file explorer on my taskbar

8. Need help with File Explorer Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with File Explorer Problem: I am on Windows 10 and I opened my File explorer one day and found it blank. I have my folders on the side but the main file areas are gone. It works when I'm on another site or program like when I'm uploading a picture to Discord, but when I normally open File Explorer it is...
  9. i need help with file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i need help with file explorer: how do i fix this. everytime i press or select a file windows explorer takes a long time or never to done selecting the file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-file-explorer/bec67735-e07b-42d0-8e28-4d2546a16029
  10. File Explorer Problem Need Help

File Explorer Problem Need Help: In May 9th, 2020 My computer suddenly has a Window Explorer Problem where it doesn't show anything Everything that runs in Window Explorer like Control Panel, doesn't seem to work The strange thing is when I want to upload a picture or a file explorer in Gmail, Whatsapp,...