Windows 10: Needing Help With Dual Monitors

Discus and support Needing Help With Dual Monitors in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm running windows 10 home and I have a hdmi port on my laptop that I connected to my secondary monitor. Display Resolution 1366 X 768 (Recommended)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Dawn121988, May 22, 2020.

1. Needing Help With Dual Monitors

I'm running windows 10 home and I have a hdmi port on my laptop that I connected to my secondary monitor.

Display Resolution 1366 X 768 (Recommended) for the laptop resolution. But the secondary monitor is 1920 x1080 full hd. I want to have 2 different wallpapers one for the laptop screen and one for the secondary screen and on the secondary screen I don't want to have the taskbar at all of program icons showing. I will show more info in the images and give more details in the images.

Needing Help With Dual Monitors [​IMG]

I have the taskbar transparent on both sides but the icons are still showing up on there I would rather have the icons appear on the main laptop monitor which is where I sit and work from but I watch videos on the secondary monitor and when I'm not watching movies I sometimes listen to music and do not like the big media player taking up space on the screen since I use vlc media player in full screen normally. I will be fixing the vlc media player issue soon enough but I want to deal with the dual screen issue now if possible.

(1) I don't want the taskbar showing on both screen.
    (2) I want (2) different wallpapers one for each screen.
    (3) I don't want to show icons on the secondary screen but still want to be able to use opened programs over there like vlc media player. I want them to pop open over there like they do now but without the taskbar showing the icons if possible.

If this makes any sense and if you know how to do this please point me in the right direction.

Plus I am using a hdmi to vga from onn from walmart if that matters. But both monitors show up as 1 and then 2.

Thank You!

- - - Updated - - -

Okay I found the fix to remove the taskbar from both screens now it only shows on the main screen which is the laptop. But still needing help having 2 different wallpapers.

:)

Dawn121988, May 22, 2020
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

dual monitors

Hello Kimberly,

Firstly, make sure that your graphic adapters supports two displays at one time. Ifyou're trying to setup dual monitor, I suggest that you check out this support article:
    Dual monitor setup in Windows 7.

Hope this information helps you, feel free to post back if you need further help.

Carlo Fer, May 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Update - Now my dual monitors do not work

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why Windows 10 was unable to detect your dual monitor is an outdated or incompatible graphics driver. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • Have you already tried performing the troubleshooting steps suggested by
      Mauro Cavallin on June 16, 2017?
    • Are both of the monitors not working just like what the original poster was experiencing? If yes, have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors? What was the outcome?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, May 22, 2020
  4. Needing Help With Dual Monitors

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Needing Help With Dual Monitors

1. Needing Help With Dual Monitors - Similar Threads - Needing Help Dual

2. Help with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with dual monitors: [ATTACH] So I have my laptop connected to a larger external monitor and i'm wondering how I can make my number 1 monitor smaller without changing scale or resolution,, thanks!...
  3. Needing Help With Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Needing Help With Dual Monitors: I'm running windows 10 home and I have a hdmi port on my laptop that I connected to my secondary monitor. Display Resolution 1366 X 768 (Recommended) for the laptop resolution. But the secondary monitor is 1920 x1080 full hd. I want to have 2 different wallpapers one for...
  4. Need Help With Dual Monitors

Need Help With Dual Monitors: Hey! I just setup dual monitors using an old monitor I found, but there's a small problem. The old monitor I found is super long vertically, and the bottom of the screen is far below my eyeline. I thought a simple fix for this would be to change the resolution vertically,...
  5. dual monitor set up need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor set up need help: How to drag and drop between laptop and another monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitor-set-up-need-help/310b8514-da68-4821-81a5-249d27843d62
  6. Need Help with dual monitors

Need Help with dual monitors: I setup dual monitors, and everything is fine except for the fact that when I open a program from my secondary monitor, it displays on my primary monitor and shows the taskbar button on both monitors. Any fix? submitted by /u/Slosshy [link] [comments]...
  7. need help with separate settings on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    need help with separate settings on dual monitors: Windows 10 version 1903. Hi, I have a laptop small display (the main one) and an external large monitor (#2). I need to have separate settings for each. I'm having trouble - when I use scaling in display settings, or set icon size in "view", the setting will apply to both....
  8. need help with separate settings on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    need help with separate settings on dual monitors: Windows 10 version 1903. Hi, I have a laptop small display (the main one) and an external large monitor (#2). I need to have separate settings for each. I'm having trouble - when I use scaling in display settings, or set icon size in "view", the setting will apply to both....
  9. Needing help with dual-monitor wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Needing help with dual-monitor wallpaper: Ok, so I have a Dual-Monitor Set up, as i'm sure a lot of people here do. I have 2 separate wallpapers. One for each monitor. They keep changing. I do not want them to change. I have tried registry edits, and looked through the Settings, but can't seem to get it to stay. Can...
  10. Need help with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need help with dual monitors: Hello. I cannot get a dual monitor setup to work for the life of me. I've made a LITTLE progress though by tweaking the BIOS to load from the Mobo VGA port first on boot, but now the second monitor just stays lit up with the windows 10 logo and nothing else, while the first...