Windows 10: Needing Start Menu Width Adjustment for "All Apps"

Discus and support Needing Start Menu Width Adjustment for "All Apps" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have read everywhere on how to change the start menu width, however what I am asking for does not seem to be covered anywhere. When I open the "All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by armorer1984, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Needing Start Menu Width Adjustment for "All Apps"

I have read everywhere on how to change the start menu width, however what I am asking for does not seem to be covered anywhere. When I open the "All Apps" section of the start menu to get to my installed programs I am unable to distinguish between some of them due to their width. (See attached screenshot)

Needing Start Menu Width Adjustment for "All Apps" [​IMG]

What I want is to extend the width of the list of apps, NOT the width of the live tiles area. Seems everywhere covers how to change the width of the start menu but it only affects the live tiles area, not the app list.

Any ideas? I have searched through the registry and can't find anything there. Maybe I missed something? And if anyone from Microsoft is reading this, could this resize feature be included at some point? It's frustrating me beyond belief as I am having to look VERY hard at everything to avoid starting up and closing down the wrong application.

:)

armorer1984, Aug 27, 2015

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Ahimoth Win User
    Is there any way that one can readjust the width of the traditional start menu?

I have the exact same problem as MitchellSundt. Namely, multiple folders in the start menu named "Microsoft SQL Server 20..." You can't easily rename the folders, and you can't read the titles due to the truncation. Very annoying that there is no way to
    expand the width of the "All apps" side of the start menu. How in the world did Andre's response get marked as the answer to the issue. It obviously does not address the original poster's concerns about the *programs area* of the start menu, not the tiles
    area.

Ahimoth, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Needing Start Menu Width Adjustment for "All Apps"

*bump*

Any ideas on how to do this?

armorer1984, Sep 8, 2015
  5. icepatie Win User
    Same problem here. Maybe there is some registry hack or something?

icepatie, Sep 18, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    I can't find any thing on it, however, if you set MouseHoverTime in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse to 8 you'll see a mouse hover tip immediately on entries that exceed the menu width.

Edwin, Sep 18, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    EDIT:
    Using Start Menu Full Screen makes it a little bigger, (not sure if it will make a difference with all entries though)

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Needing Start Menu Width Adjustment for "All Apps"

1. Needing Start Menu Width Adjustment for "All Apps" - Similar Threads - Needing Start Menu

2. Window 10 Start Menu scroll width

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 Start Menu scroll width: I know how to adjust the scroll width in Windows 10 by going into the registry according to post on this site, but this does not affect the scroll width in the Start Menu. Is there some way to adjust that also?...
  3. How to change the width of the "Start Menu" scrollbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the width of the "Start Menu" scrollbar?: In Windows 10 desktop. At the moment it is too thin to instantly hit with the mouse. I this a user-settable personalization? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-width-of-the-start-menu/1b7186da-39fc-452f-a18b-6b869980bc72
  4. Start Menu not displaying All apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu not displaying All apps: Performed an upgrade from Windows 8.1. When I select "All apps" from the Start Menu, I notice that not all the apps are displayed. May have found a bug in Windows 10 release. Anyone else having this issue? 10241
  5. All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu: Hi, my name's Pedro and I'm using Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332. I have a laptop Lenovo Yoga 11s, Intel I5 3339Y, 8GB, Intel HD Graphics 4000 (last driver) and 128GB SSD card. In the last build (14328), after a good install and a normal work short period, the All...
  6. Start Menu Search & Cortana Width Too Small

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search & Cortana Width Too Small: Hi all, I've been having this problem since I started using Windows 10; the start menu resizes to a way to small width when I search for something or open Cortana. Attached are screenshots of my start menu (which is fine), and how it looks when I search or have Cortana...
  7. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  8. All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps in Start Menu: Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I...
  9. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...
  10. Start Menu All Apps Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu All Apps Screen: This menu got screwed up... any ideas how to fix? [img] 50390